crx vs hatchback si

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  crx vs hatchback si

to all the honda ppl out there how do these cars compair, 91 crx and 93 civic si, thanks :laughing:

posted by  Xenom

91 CRX Si = 2175lbs / 108hp = 20.14lbs/hp
93 Civic Si/EX = 2325lbs / 125hp = 18.6lbs/hp

The CRX will be a little slower but will be a bit more nimble than the Civic Si. If you were to get a CRX though I'd get an older 88-89 CRX HF...they weighed well under 2000lbs.

posted by  thunderbird1100

less weght and u can mod it highly and punch the bitchs down the highway

posted by  rice rocket05

To me...theyre just a couple of family econo boxes. No real comparison here, they both get over 30mpg and thats it :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

I think you know my question, don't you think the Integra would qualify in that catagory hmm? :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Just a slighty more fun and faster econo car :laughing: Plus it can actually get up to 100mph! So it gets good markings from me for just being able to do that! :laughing:

Heh, econo car I think n-yes :laughing:

posted by  99integra

you know if you want to get a good 15 more hp out of them, you can put another little squirrel under the hood!

Hey :evil: :laughing: They do have some whiny engines

posted by  99integra

Yeah, and the sad part is, no matter what you do to them, theyll still sound like that :doh:

You said it Homer

posted by  99integra

Just drop a B18 into either the Civic or CRX. And put a turbo on it, and you'll literally have a rocket. Or spend ALOT more money for the RSX's K20a and put a turbo on it, and you'll be unstoppable. But i don't think the K20a will fit into the CRX, it is bigger.

posted by  aerith

ive always been told to get a b 16 over a b 18 cause it is lighter and works better what do you think of this?

posted by  Xenom

b16a has better pick up over the b18c5, the b18c5 just doesn't cool down.. unlike the b16a.. cool's down and stop's accelerating firmly at about 160km/h.. apposed to the b18c5.. they accelerate firmly straight through to about 200km/h or so....

either way... personally.. i'd take a supercharged b16a over a turbo charged b18c5 any day of the week!

posted by  HyundaGuy

i have a turbo honda and it dont sound like a weed wacker.... i wouldnt turbo an itr anyways unless i got new valve springs and retainers because they have hollow valve springs and are not made to be under stress like that and i would rather have a turbo b18c1 because 300+ whp on 10 psi is alot of fun

posted by  black_plague

Sorry... but seeing the idea in my head of sticking a family into a CRX Si is just flat out -> :laughing:

Seriously, a CRX Si is a nimble sports car. They have a ton of CRX's in stock and modified classes in the SCCA Solo II.

posted by  thunderbird1100

That's what I thought :orglaugh:

posted by  fudge

Your Message