what can i get to make my 1991 Nissan Sentra faster?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  what can i get to make my 1991 Nissan Sentra faster?

i want to know what i can buy. anything

and how do you install a turbo kit? i want one...

posted by  Sentra

well get a turbo kit book and it should tell you how to install the thing for the faster sentra look online

posted by  google.com

You could get an engine out of a new Sentra SE-R. I put one in my Saturn SL2 from an 04 model.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Well FFH351, I was under the impression you used a new SE-R motor (but I could have just assumed that)?

But, yes, to original poster. If I were in the position to milk some performance out of a '91 Sentra I would track down an SR20DE motor/tranny combo out of a '91-94 (pretty sure on that year spread) Sentra SE-R. These were very potent little sleeper cars and the SR20DE is a very durable and proven motor (you may have heard of the SR20DET motor from the Nissan Silvia, this is a turbocharged variant of the motor found in the SE-R... and is very popular with the 240SX guys and the Datsun 510 guys). You could also track down an SR20DET motor to drop into the Sentra, but I recall reading somewhere that the gearbox wasn't quite up to the torque load from the turbo motor. But these are by no means written law, I just recall reading this in an article at one point in time.

posted by  Bino

There is a front wheels drive version of the jdm sr20det motor/tranny it's referred to as the sr20det bluebird, i think there hard to find though

posted by  airmanUSN

Good call, I remembered another as well.

http://www.jgycustoms.com/motors.htm

The Bluebird is a FWD SR20DET application, as is the Pulsar GTiR (size of Civic Hatchback but 2.0L Turbocharged and AWD).

I don't have any idea about transaxle interchagability between all of these applications.

posted by  Bino

GTiR's are tough, from what i recall they were really the only competition towards the Lancer Evolution and WRX STi back when they were released in 1991, i think they came stock standard with the most powerful SR20DET until the S15 Silvia. somethin' like 240hp stock... very good car.. so light.. so quick.. so fun..

posted by  HyundaGuy

Your Message