Fastest stock imports?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Fastest stock imports?

I was jsut wonderin, what are some of the fastest stock cars? (apart from cars like ferrari and lamborghini)

posted by  SloMoBullet

STi, its a shame u should ask such a question lol
a few beemers are pretty quick, rx-8, evo 8, 350 z,

posted by  Stem

300ZX is prolly quicker then the 350Z, stock... umm.. jza80, jzz30, gz20, bnr32, bncr33, bnr34, v35, nsx.. quite a few more stock japanese cars.

posted by  HyundaGuy

lol i was just checking, i want a fast car, but i also want a unique car. i see plenty of 350z's and rx-8's on the streets so getting one wont make me unique lol

posted by  SloMoBullet

skylines are pretty quick, all the eclipses are quick to

posted by  google.com

2002 Honda NSX-R. I can't see any stock Japanese cars which can beat it on the track.

posted by  fudge

For a 4 banger, the quickest is probably the evo8 and sti!

posted by  drifterv_2000

i definately agree with you there. apart from them probably an S15 Silvia and for an older, first gen 4WD Nissan, it'd have to be the '91 Nissan Pulsar GTiR with a 240hp SR20DET, brilliant car.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Hmm, as far as the rx-8, eclispe...those are definetrly not considered the fastest. They do 0-60m in the 6 sec. range.

How about the new Mitsubishi Evo 9? It clocked 0-60m in 4.4 sec in Motortrend. Now thats as quick as the Ferrari 360s and the Porsche 911.

posted by  ed_7702

forget the imports lets move to demestic cars like acura,chevy,dodge,pontiac

posted by  halo master

Acura is Not domestic.
The brand is, but not the cars. They are basically rebadeged Hondas imported from Japan.

posted by  ed_7702

Eclipses aren't really quick to begin with, they are just highly upgradable, but only the factory turbo cars have the potential. I believe they accounted for less than 15% of all cars sold (estimate off the top of my head), I know the turbo/AWD accounted for roughly 4% of total Eclipse/Talon/Laser sales.

posted by  Bino

fd rx-7, exceptional handling + low weight. And i have seen special japanese versions of the fd beat all nsxs and the R34 on the track.

posted by  importluva

Except that they aren't. Acura is the domestic version of Honda. Much like Holden for Australia. They are kind of rebadged, but their models are very different, so much so that I don't consider them rebadged.

Best import (as in non-domestic) besides the exotics?

Lotus Elise

posted by  Godlaus

hm, i kinda consider the elise an exotic, even if they dont have the super-exotic price tag. but uh... $40k+ for a sub 200hp I4... exotic enough...

about acura and honda, i guess we can call acura's domestics just as much as lexus's. take your pick...

take the RSX, i dunno much about it, but i wouldnt be suprised if it was just a cousin of the civic...

posted by  pik_d

Hmmm.....Maybe because of the rarity also.....For fastest practical car, I give that name to the 2003/2004 Ford Mustang Cobra (You know that SC pulley's coming out for a tiny one)

Are lexuses models produced in America also? (serious question, not rhetorical)

RSX and integra and civic are all alike, other than that, I really don't see other cars like the CL and TL alike the Accord or Civic.

posted by  Godlaus

what about the TSX? nothing like the accord?

the RX 330 (a SUV) is made in canada and japan, and everything else is made in japan, according to autos.msn.com , not sure how much to trust them though.

but... some volkswagens are made in mexico. does that make them mexican cars? some "true" japanese cars are made in the USA, so does the actual location of construction REALLY decided wether the car is american or japanese?

2005 hybrid accord (http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=2005&make=Honda&mo del=Accord%20Hybrid&trimid=-1&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=0). go down the page to "final assembly", it says united states, and mexico. noone is gonna say the car is american... same with the pilot (http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=2005&make=Honda&mo del=Pilot&trimid=-1&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=0).

posted by  pik_d

The TSX and Accord? It depends on which accord? The Japanese/ European Spec Accord of the North American Accord. The TSX is the Japanese/European Accord re-badged. But the North American Accord is nothing alike with the TSX. That is unless you get the non-V6 version of the North American Accord, in which case they will share the same KA24 engine.
The TL actually is the Acura that is based on the North American Accord. But the North American Accord V6 uses a 3.0 litre engine, called the J30 producing 240hp and 212 lbs of torque. This is compared to the TL's 3.2L V6 called the J32 producing 270hp and 238lbs or torque. Also, the TL's chassis is highly modified, and is much more rigid then the accord's.

posted by  aerith

buddy are you going to buy one or was it just a question, if ur gonna buy give us your price range and we'll spit a bunch of models out.

posted by  Stem

Not 3rd Gen.

posted by  Oomba

i'm going to buy one. Im looking for cars that range from 10,000 canadian dollars (used or stock) to 40,000 CAD. i have a few cars in mind at the moment,

Honda s2000 convertible
Subaru WRX Sti 05
Nissan Skyline GTS Type M 1990 (not so sure about the price though)
Toyota Supra

I'm looking for a show car, but even more important, im looking for a car that could handle a lot of performance upgrades. if possible, comes with a lot of power (stock). right now the two cars i have in mind:

Honda s2000 (240 hp stock) - more of a show car
Wrx Sti (300 hp stock) - more of a performance car

i just need to know if there are any more models i should know about. thx. i hope i made some sense there.lol

posted by  SloMoBullet

Evo VIII comes to my mind anytime anyone mentions the STI, considering they are almost the same car, so far as specifications are considered.

350Z as well. or an RX-7 or RX-8

and at the very top end of your price range, an infintii G35

posted by  pik_d

Except that STi shares nothing with the Evo

posted by  Oomba

Except AWD, big ass wings, hood scoops, air dam, same performance pretty much, good handling :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

yea, you completely missed the point of my post... the evo and sti are basicly about as close as you can get without having any of the PARTS (notice, not specifications) being shared.

i mean... since mitsubishi makes one, and suburu makes the other.. :banghead:

i'm basicly saying they are pretty much even on the playing field. i mean... what is 15hp when you're dealing with almost 300... and it probably wont stay stock anyway. :laughing:

99integra got what i was talking about. :thumbs:

posted by  pik_d

I know and plus I just like pissing Oomba off because he doesn't know jack shit :laughing:

posted by  99integra

What makes you think i dont know jack shit?

posted by  Oomba

You think nitrous on a daily driver isn't rice.

posted by  99integra

Because its not. It actually helps performance in some way. I mean sure, its ricer mentality to think that putting nitrous in your Civic and nothing else will make it hang with V8s, but it still helps with performance. A great deal too.

I wanna know why you decided to start being an ass lately, i didnt do anything to you.

posted by  Oomba

Me being an ass now, well that just hurt my feelings, it would have if I didn't give a shit :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

yea now im all confused

posted by  SloMoBullet

Well then how bout you don't post here and listen

posted by  99integra

Seriously dude wtf.

posted by  Oomba

Your Message