Neon Underlighting

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Neon Underlighting

Is it worth getting neon underlights?
I live in Philly and they are illegal here but MOST and not all cops really dont give a damn but i dont wana throw away 220 dollars to get a ticket or anything like that
thanks for the info people
IMPORT PRIDE

posted by  6000LE

:badrazz: Screw that, get a cold air intake

posted by  99integra

i think that underbody lights are made illegal on a state by state basis, but everywhere I have been in the midwest have allowed them on cars. The rules I have heard are that the only colors you are allowed to display while you are driving are green and white. If you are parked, however, you can display any color you want. I actually know of a lighting kit that you should take a look at if you are interested. It is called colorstorm and you can find it at www.streetfxseries.com. I know the owner of the company so if you decide to buy then you can get a 10% discount. Just type "thestorm" in the coupon code box when you are ready to check out. Good luck

posted by  jankY22

F U C K the neon under glow yeah go with a cold air intake

posted by  halo master

how ironic you say that with that sig. :mrgreen:

but yea, spend the money on something to make the car faster. or an xbox with screens in the headrests for the back seat passengers...

posted by  pik_d

Heh, you should put the screens in the back seat headrest so the people behind you can watch what you're watching :roll:

posted by  99integra

two words.............NEON SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! it's a big waste of money and i think it looks like sh*t. get something that actually helps the performance of your car instead of makes you look like a tard. i'm sorry, i just hate neon like none other. :banghead:

posted by  enzo#2

I'd say its really up to you, how much do you like them and how good you think they'll look on your car. I'd say if you like them enough and thats what you want then go for it.

posted by  car_crazy89

what sig i just changed it

posted by  halo master

If your going for a look that'll make your car stand out in the night life, then Neons are the way to go. Just don't go overboard with it.

posted by  Metzger

no really? i never would have noticed... i still thought you were sporting the one of the 2F2F skyline with blue neon everywhere... :banghead:

posted by  pik_d

what a waste of cash, go get an intake.. or an exhaust.. or hell.. get a alpine deck for ya car.. NOT NEONS!!

posted by  HyundaGuy

well, i dont know the american glow laws, but here its legal to run them, as long as you arent on the streets....

all depends on how you do it too...and whether your doing a show car or performance car...

but if you're into it, giv'er beans

posted by  dodgerforlife

the part that's bold, underlined and in italics is what confuses me.. i drive an import, yet i want to do performance upgrades to it.. is this the way of sayin' that all import drivers are ricers and don't know a thing about customising a car's performance?... hmm... meh.. i'm just confused as to why he has to scream IMPORT PRIDE...?

posted by  HyundaGuy

Why risk being caught with neons? Put that cash to good use, buy something nice for a loved one, CAI (like everyone else is saying), deck, or something that makes your car go. It's really pointless to spend money on something that is quite useless and may get you into trouble. Besides, neons have a limited lifespan, around 20,000 hours to 30,000. That is A LOT of time, but by hour 100, you will probaly grow up and realize it was a stupid waste of money. My advice is to spend that cash on anything but neon lights.

posted by  aerith

If you want the Neons, get them, that's all there is to it. You don't have to listen to all these guys saying "Buy performance upgrades!" If you want a nice looking car, not a fast one, go for it. Who says just cuz a car looks nice it has to be fast. If YOU like them get em. Your car should be a form of expression, almost like a piece of art (Not to be corny). Forget about everyone sayin "That's too ricy" or "that's just stupid." I think Neons look nice (if done right) But I think Huge Spoilers look stupid, but if someone wants to put one on their car, more power to them. I guess I'm jsut saying, don't ask ppl on a forum if you should put cosmetic upgrades on a car, PErformance, sure, these guys know performance stuff. But when it comes to looks, just decide yourself, or ask some close friends, not complete strangers. so, to sum it up: Get em if you like em and how they look, then ask the forum which lights to go with, or which brands, that sorta thing.

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

:orglaugh:

posted by  GreekWarrior

depends on the colour of the car u drive. if you drive a black car...go for it lol. black cars look great with underglows in the middle of the night. add a sound system, huge subwoofers and you're all set. and you can't get a ticket when u drive a black car. jsut turn off all your lights when the cop tries to pull u over ahahha.. ok u shouldn't take my advice.

posted by  SloMoBullet

Took the words outta my mouth.

posted by  fudge

the rules are for neon that it cant be blue or red, becuase it could look like an emergency vehicle, ie ambulance or cops or something. and i just heard yesterday that you cant have any blue or red even in the interior, but i think that is bull shiz

posted by  Stem

Hey now dammit....I have green neon lights under my Saturn :ticking:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Yeah but you put a big ass engine in it :laughing:

posted by  99integra

EXACTLY...and thats what sets me apart from the rice rappers :laughing:

yeah, i must ask...i've been thinking about putting like interior neon in my car, like for at night i can just give the interior a nice glow. how much/hard would that be?

posted by  SuperJew

I wouldnt think it would be that hard. Where are you planning on putting them?

Neawnz are so 2002. Get sum NAWZ and sum big wing for da back of yo ride homie.

posted by  Oomba

how many tubes/length are you talking.....footwells and under seats, your looking at 4x 6/10/12" tubes.

cost? not that much, kinda depends on where you buy the tubes from, and what type of tubes there are. Theres a store in town where I can buy pairs of 12" tubes for like 10$, and theyre APC brand, so that's a good deal. Check out ebay - you can get pairs of 10" tubes for like 7$.

as for how hard, not that hard either - all depends on how you want to do it. All of them run on 12V - so you can hardwire them into your fusebox. Do you want to run them some of the time, or only when the vehicle is running? If you want them running some of the time, you need to put a switch in line, which is simple enough(on/off toggles), if you want them to run when your car is on, wire them into the fusebox in a location that is always on when the car is on.

overall, the hardest part would be running the wires - but if you've done a stereo install, then wiring for that would be easier.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message