the JDM craze

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  the JDM craze

you know how everyone over here is going crazy for genuine JDM parts for their imports. Do people in forgein countries go cravy for genuine OEM parts for their Geo metro :mrgreen: or what ever crap the big four tries to sell over seas?

posted by  airmanUSN

haha thats a good question. And isnt it the 'Big 3' (Chevy, Ford, Dodge)?

posted by  car_crazy89

ya i guess your right gm,ford,and chrysler

posted by  airmanUSN

for me the big 3 are nissan, mitsu and toyota, lol... i also don't mind hyundai's..

and yes, the JDM craze is everywhere, in aus it's three times more fanatical then in america, and in NZ it's ten times more fanatical then aus!

posted by  HyundaGuy

Bo yeah! Nissan, Mitsu and toyota...................and subaru. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Actually the Japanese are into muscle cars believe it or not. Where do you think all of our Hemi 'Cudas have gone? :mrgreen:They like our cars just like we like their cars. :thumbs:

posted by  FordFromHell351

so you mean imports still beat domestics in Japan? (i'm starting to get a headache) Here a STi (import) stomps mustangs and camaros(domestic), there a Hemi or 454 TJ(import) kills civics(domestic) :ticking:

posted by  airmanUSN

Thats exactly what I mean. Why do you think so many 1957 Chevys are missing around here? We know they made tons of those cars...but the Japanese took some and brought them back to Japan. Thats why the prices of them have gone up so high. If you go over to Japan, sure youll see Nissan Skylines, and Mitsubishis Evo VIIIs,but youll also alot of newer and older Mustangs and Camaros, and well as Chargers, Darts, and Challengers, GTOs, Galaxies etc. They love our cars just like we love theirs.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Bah, Toyota hasnt made a good car since Supra.

Hyundai...yuck

posted by  Oomba

it true that japan love imports meaning domestics. they actually have a dealership that sells camaros,mustangs and especially the corvette. the left hand drive is different to them and of couse domestics can beat imports and vice versa. thats the power of finely tuning.

posted by  niSMoFO

Drifter Ken Gushi drives a new Mustang and competes with the usual silvia's and rx-7's.

posted by  drifterv_2000

Also, Japanese car customizers love getting US market parts for their japanese cars, like marker lights and such. Again, it's just an effort to be different from most of the cars around you.

posted by  ChrisV

Hey Chris check your PM's

posted by  99integra

Just did.

posted by  ChrisV

Okay thanks :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

I would have to disagree with that Toyota statement. The make superb vehicles.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Yep, hachi roku anyone. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

And now it costs too much :cussing:

I like Techno Pro Spirits mr-s.

posted by  fudge

Okay the whole jdm thing isn't the problem it's the fact that everyone is locked on drift now. Ever since initial d came out prices on the ae86 went up. It's all fun and all but now it's getting all this publicity. The jdm craze is just as well with all these kids thinking that they can import those parts like nothing.

posted by  Spanky2324

dude, i was hooked on JDM and drifting before i ever even knew that Initial D exhisted, i only found out about it last year, yet i've been hooked on drifting and cars since '01.

you can thank my brother for gettin' me mad crazy about the whole JDM thing, he's the one that said "grab that pen and paper, i'm gonna teach you something about my car mate"... so happens that the car was a '94 supra.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Your Message