Need Advice, If you have time, please help

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Need Advice, If you have time, please help

Greetings to all,

I'm Mike and new here. I drive a 1999 Nissan Altima. I already put tints, interior lightining, underlights, and racing pedals into it.

Now I need your suggestion on where to go. I'm only on a high school budget so I can't go for something that's too expensive. I was thinking something on the lines of 17 inch rims or/and a new sound system. If you were me, what would you do? Exterior, interior, performance? Your help is appreciated, thanks!

Mike

posted by  Nissan_Altima

i tihnk you should go for rims..that will tie your whole car together
btw hey mike
il be giving u back ur MEM card anytime this week
just tell me when

posted by  6000LE

how much do you have to spend?

posted by  Zalight

Hmmm, I am starting to get piss but then again, post a real introduce yourself in the appropriate section and then my anger will go down

posted by  99integra

Well atleast he introduced himself somewhere on the forum, better the alot of others :wink2:

posted by  car_crazy89

Sorry, I didn't think I'd need to introduce myself in 2 different places. Now I did. I have about $2,000 to spend I'm guessing. If possible, I'd like to have some left over of course, but if you have any ideas, fill me in... :-)

Mike

posted by  Nissan_Altima

With two grand, I would get a NICE set of wheels, go to www.tirerack.com
they have a great selection.

posted by  Zalight

whats more important to you, looks or performance?

do you have an aftermarket stereo or not...do you plan on getting one eventually?

posted by  dodgerforlife

Thanks Zalight, I'll look into that site. My stereo is currently 100% stock. I was thinking of installing amps, sub, back 2 speakers, and a new headunit to completely change it up. That should run for around a grand I'm guessing. Then I can spend the other grand on wheels or something.

Both performance and looks are important to me, but I'm guessing to look more into looks. The car already has about 110,000 miles on it. It is in good shape and should run for another year and a half or so I'm guessing so if I customize the looks I can then take the stuff out and put them into the new car when I get it. Performace parts will probably be gone though. Either way, I still think a cold air intake system and some small stuff wouldn't hurt.

Thank you for your help thus far.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

A good stereo setup can be had for like 800$ or less...

for example, a package I put together for a friend on a budget....

Shopping Cart
Alpine MRP-M350 200W x 1 Car Amplifier $199.99

Alpine CDE-9845 CD/MP3 Receiver $179.99

Kicker Comp VR 05CVR102 10" Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coil Component Sub $129.99

Kicker 05DS60 6-1/2" 2-way Car Speaker $69.99

Kicker 05DS60 6-1/2" 2-way Car Speakers $69.99

EFX Amplifier Wiring Kit 8-gauge 300-watt w/Patch Cord $29.99

Merchandise Subtotal $679.94
Standard Shipping $15.99
Order Total $695.93

That was going into a truck..

Rims, don't know too much about, but others here could tell you more about them.

If you don't plan on keeping the car for much longer, make sure most of what you do is transferrable...

As for performance, performance plugs and wires are always a good start, gains gas milage too! CAI is a good one(not around here though....lol)

posted by  dodgerforlife

go with a sr20det in your altima. :thumbs:

posted by  silvia_star

Your Message