New Resdesigned 2006 Civic

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  New Resdesigned 2006 Civic

I see no one has started a thread on this exciting new news. Its been pretty majorly overhauled. Even better news is for the 2007 model year the CRX is coming back! Current specs for the new Civic are as follows...

DX/LX getting a new 1.8L SOHC i-VTEC motor (NOT A D SERIES!!!) producing 140hp and 128tq. 15" wheels.

EX getting the same 1.8L SOHC i-VTEC but tuned to 155-160hp and a little more torque (unannounced so far). 16" wheels.

Si (yes it's back in COUPE form) getting a DOHC 2.0L i-VTEC motor tuned to 200hp with a LSD, 6spd tranny and 17" wheels.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I'm psyched, I've actually held off on selling my GT until the CRX's are back on the market.

posted by  Metzger

Civics suck, kthxbai

posted by  Oomba

AHH!! A NEW CRX!! OH GOD!! OVER EXCITED!! oh god i hope it's better then their last shithouse model, that crappy lookin' del-sol peice of steaming donkey crap, looked aweful compared to the '88 crx.

please, if you get the list of specs, can ya pm me with them! i've gotta know!

posted by  HyundaGuy

Yet more genius posts from the forum-mop.

The Si should be sweet, I loved the 2000 coupe look, but hate the hatchback Si.

posted by  Vlad

I loved the little wedge of cheese known as the Hatchback SI, But I test drove one, and it just wasn't impressive to me. But I did like the cars, they just weren't anything super badass.

As for the new CRX, I have been waiting for 4 years, honda always releases tantalizing little tidbits but never follows through. I have learned to be let down by the promise of a new CRX.

posted by  Zalight

The Civic Si seriously needs more HP. I just hate the curent hatchback Si, it's ugly and only has 160hp, while the JDM version gets like 220hp. Im expecting the new one to have more power and better looks.

posted by  ed_7702

The JDM version that gets the 220hp is the SIR, not the SI. They have both models over there. The SIR gets more power, tighter handling and is stamped with the SIR logo everywhere. Plus, if Honda ups the new civic SI's power that much (past 200), then they will set a really high goal for themselves, the Honda/Acura engineers will have increase the RSX/JDM Integra's horsepower even more to make that extra 5-10k worth it. Which is extremely hard, without a bigger engine.

posted by  aerith

The RSX/JDM Integra are being chopped from the lineup after the 07 model year.

I see, so if you take a regular Si hatch and slap SiR badges all over it, it will get tighter handling and 60 hp. sweet. j/k but seriously I know both the Si and SiR are probably 2 liters each, and I would really like to see the torque/power curve difference from getting 160 hp and 220 hp out of the same motor.

posted by  VG30DE

Your Message