Hondas

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Hondas

Hey guys, i am looking into buying my 2nd car, preferably a mid 90s civic coupe, because of how much insurance will be on my eclipse when high school is over. any suggestions on what parts or what to do to it? I was thinking of a prelude motor swap, ive seen it done before? what do ya'll think, or any other car suggestions, the car doesn't have to be fast stock, just something that wil be cheaper on insurance,japanese, and has many things available for it

posted by  dsmracersv98

Turbo mini me.

posted by  fudge

Why not just get a prelude? Or is it too much insurance?

posted by  Vlad

prelude would be pretty expensive on insurance, i want somthing thats pretty cheap on it, which will rule out the sports car thing, imjsut lucky that on the eclipse my dad is the primary driver, insurance is 300 every 6 months, full coverage, pretty good, but after i get out of tech school, which wil be a few years since im still in high school, ill be paying for it, and it wil be alot more, im thinking of going ahead and getting the car, so i can start work on it, but im always open to suggestions, and if anyone has anything bad to say about hondas, don't comment on this page, the car world tends to get the most bias opinions, and always seems to have big arguments

posted by  dsmracersv98

Why do you want a japanese piece of shit car

get american u pussy

posted by  Oomba

exactly the kind of comments i was just talking about, good argument starters and no one wants to hear them

posted by  dsmracersv98

Okay Oomba explain your reason, is it because imports last longer, has been a long time since you've seen an import company go out of buisiness isn't it?

posted by  99integra

Oh no, not another one...

You are ignorant. YOU are the pussy if you can't figure out that if it's not your favorite, DON'T REPLY.

That reply did nothing to help him decide what to get, so why don't you keep your little closed-minded and ignorant opinion to yourself, ok?

posted by  hondaman

Hey Oomba, do you happen to drive a Callaway C4? :laughing:

posted by  fudge

And the All-Ameritard strikes again. Giving us yet more "factual" useful advice... :roll:

posted by  thunderbird1100

Okay dsm this is just my suggestion why not a 93 civic hatch and put in a b16/20 into it. My friend owns one and those cars are reliable and fast with those engines in them. It handles nicely too. You can find good deals on a hatch.

posted by  Spanky2324

the best type of car on insurance would really be a four door civic,accord or maybe even a camry or corolla. Some people don't all ways like four doors but the are considered safer and have a heck of a lot more room in them. just things to think about if you plan on keeping the car for a while

posted by  airmanUSN

just buy a 4 door and put an h22a in it....it would be pretty quick with just that... but if you cant do the swap yourself it would be quite expensive to do the swap

posted by  black_plague

i never even thought about a 4 door on the whole insurance thing lol, ive been looking at some, i really like the 4 door honda accords from the mid 90s

posted by  dsmracersv98

I was just kidding. I like some imports. Just not Hondas.

posted by  Oomba

Such as mine? lol

posted by  hondaman

actualy it has been a long time since ive seen an import company go out of buisness. but in the 80s most imports almost went bankrupt i beleive. but then again 80s imports sucked compared to the ones now.

posted by  72firebird

wait i might have that mixed up my memories kinda slippin on this fact. it was either the imports in fear of going under or the domestics. it was either imports becuase they were just starting to be big over here or it was the domestics almost going under trying to build i reliable overdrive automatic. some of you might no which it is and itd be appreciated.

posted by  72firebird

i thought it was the domestics that almost went out do to the gas shortages, and imports got such good gas mileage that it lead to the death of real muscle cars example: 1969 nova ss and the 1988 nova

posted by  airmanUSN

civic's are a good car to drive, i got my license in an EK-3, i was happy :), anyway, yeah go hard on a mid '90s civic.

my friend's cousin *he say's it's his cousin* has a turbo b18c in his ek-6, i'm impressed because it's a HKS 3037s turbo and it's running like 19PSI.. apparently does like low to mid 10's.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Get a V6 Stratus, I just had a drive in one and those things pick up really quick.

posted by  Oomba

Holy crap, what a piece of shit car.

posted by  Bino

yeah lol

posted by  dsmracersv98

another thing, does anyone know the price difference on an automatic compared to a stick, from the mid 90s on the hondas, or would that even matter anymore because of how old they are? the eclipse i have now is a automatic and its so boring to drive it, i want somthing that u don't just get in and go with, however u would want to put that

posted by  dsmracersv98

sticks are usually cheaper then auto's.. well.. around adelaide anyway.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Not really

Civic is a piece of shit slowmobile.

posted by  Oomba

I hear sticks are cheaper because not everyone knows how to drive one, so less buyers or something like that. Does it matter on insurance if its auto or stick?

posted by  Vlad

Not at all, but the car will be cheaper. Plus manuals are more fun. Its really easy as long as you know how to do it, and you can get used to it on the drive home.

posted by  Oomba

So shit that they still win races after 20 years?

posted by  fudge

No, they're a highly reliable economy car. Notice the (sound it out) e-con-omy, they're not designed for power, and they still win about 1,000,000 times more races than that unreliable Dodge thing you mentioned.

posted by  Bino

At this point, they would probably be about the same for a car of the same trim level, same mileage and condition. So, you could find either one you wanted for about the same price.

posted by  hondaman

i will probly get a stick, the first car i learned to drive in was a stick, a 01 mustang, very stiff shifter and strong clutch, i guess u could say, if u can drive one of those u could probly drive any other car easily

posted by  dsmracersv98

civics arent crap, and im leaning more towards an accord now

posted by  dsmracersv98

Yeah they are. Accords arent much better

posted by  Oomba

Okay, you've said you don't like Hondas. Fair enough. SOME people might, and he's already decided that he wants to buy one. Your point has been made, so let's try not to be an arrogant prick about it, ok?

posted by  hondaman

too bad my parents didn't keep their honda accord, they use to have a 95, they had it from like december of 94 till sometime in 99 i think and they ended up getting a pathfinder that now my brother has, it was an automatic though, so i guess thats ok, also does anyone know, im trying to figure out what color paint it is, its somewhat of a greyish color, some people call it a charcole grey, but i duno, it looks really good though anyone have any idea of what it is?

posted by  dsmracersv98

Yeah, 'cause thousands of SCCA racers (and national champions) must know nothing.

:banghead:

posted by  ChrisV

hey dude i have a 95 civic ex coupe. My insurence is VERY cheap and very affordable. Also if you just go online and check it out the 91-95 models are basically the same just from year to year some improvments. So that means they are REALLY EASY to upgrade at a low price :2cents: ...If you want i can probably send you some pic's of the car. I gaurantee you it's reliable and not heavy on the insurence...

posted by  95civicdima

^^The image in your signature needs to be a URL for it to work :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

Your Message