Getting a car - Please help me

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Getting a car - Please help me

1) http://www.nopinationals.com/2002/carshow/toyota/Celica%20Blue%203.jpg
2)

http://members.tripod.com/brat_of_all_time0/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderp ictures/2000toyota_celica_blue.jpg

3) http://www.beridox.dk/biler/Toyota%20Supra%20Turbo%20Tuning.jpg

4) http://fast-autos.net/abflug/supra5.jpg

5) http://gtactics0.tripod.com/Pages/Supra_Blue.jpg

Can I get detailed and accurate prices on each of these cars? I am very interested in either a Celica or Supra but am unsure on which to get so I'm looking at prices. I would also like the model year and all that info too, if you guys would kindly provide it to me.

Thanks a bunch,
Renegade.

posted by  Renegade

how much $$ do you have to spend
and do you want those exact cars or just a stock one like them to work with?
let me know
and type the years and makes and models because my internet wont let me open the links for some reason

posted by  6000LE

Hey, I'm looking to have my cars exactly like this, but I need to know the price of getting them all like this. I think if I use the img tag the pics will show up in this post.

http://www.nopinationals.com/2002/carshow/toyota/Celica%20Blue%203.jpg

http://members.tripod.com/brat_of_all_time0/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderp ictures/2000toyota_celica_blue.jpg

http://www.beridox.dk/biler/Toyota%20Supra%20Turbo%20Tuning.jpg

4) http://fast-autos.net/abflug/supra5.jpg

5) http://gtactics0.tripod.com/Pages/Supra_Blue.jpg

posted by  Renegade

number 4(the supra widebody) looks like a freakin UFO or something, i'd go with the last supra. mostly orginal parts with a few tasteful upgrades

posted by  airmanUSN

depends if you just want them to look the part or perform it as well
look is liek 9 grand for kits poain rims and all that stuff
performance will run you a shit more

posted by  6000LE

Dotn go for no Celica if you can afford a Supra. Just dont rice please god. Theres not enough of them for people to be picking them up and destroying them.

posted by  Oomba

Who are you to tell people what to do to Supras! Who cares if they are getting rarer?

posted by  fudge

Because theyre ruining them. Eventually theres gonna be no good looking ones left because ricers keep ruining them.

posted by  Oomba

So what?!

If you can't get 1 in time then tough shit.

posted by  fudge

seriously
you are right

posted by  6000LE

God when this ricer fad goes out you people are going to be kicking yourselves. You know how much a Supra is probably going to be worth in 20 years? 30 years? Nothing if its ruined.

posted by  Oomba

Hmm...I beg to differ.

People have always been tuning their cars to their own particular desires. Hot rodders come to mind...how much is an original 1957 Chevrolet Bel-Air worth? Quite a bit, in the right market. And how much is that same car, modded for drag racing worth? Also quite a bit. And while that '57 Chevy may have little or no trace of the original car left, save for most of the body and frame, I don't hear anyone calling it "ruined".

While you may not be a fan of rice (and I will admit, I am not a huge fan of the bodykits either), 20 or 30 years from now I would not expect to see anyone calling a Supra, modded or not, "ruined".

posted by  hondaman

exactly. while in some aspects 20 years from now and all original supra might be worth a lot. but a good condition modded supra will be worth close to it. and i dont know what you think oomba but things can be reversed. you can de ricify (rice-a-fi) those cars. all you have do to is get a new trunk lid (one with no holes from the wing) or bondo the holes shut. take the body kit off of it and slap on the original peices. i mean think about it. everything will eventually become rarer and rarer as the years go by. cars get totalled, imported, exported and all other kinds of things. but 30 years from now its gonna be like it is now. somethings will be hard to find others wont. some things will be worth more some wont. so shut up and stop your hating

posted by  72firebird

it seems to me that oomba always starts the gayest arguments or says the gayest things

posted by  dsmracersv98

Yes sir you are correct :thumbs:

posted by  72firebird

Well guys.. Can I get some help? :P
You guys can still argue, just help me in between your bickering :)

posted by  Renegade

well put it this way. unless your rich. your best bet will be to buy what you can find to your liking in your budget. and as for body kits and all that they can be pretty pricey not to mention they need to get painted so you might as well get the whole car painted. body modifications alone with 3 gs you can probably make it look decent. and thats not including rims. rims and tires would be like another grand or two.

posted by  72firebird

So what price ranges are we looking at? I'm trying not to go over $45,000

posted by  Renegade

45,000 dollars?! Dude get a Porsche Boxster or a Corvette or something.

posted by  Oomba

I'm saying, nothing over that. I'll probably stick to $25,000-$35,000. What are the rates at for those cars I showed earlier?

posted by  Renegade

Screw those cars. If you want around 35k, go 350Z, Mustang GT, or GTO.

posted by  Oomba

Lol, But can you please tell me what the prices are for THOSE[Celica's / Supras] cars? I may not want to spend too much, depending on what's cheapest.

posted by  Renegade

isn't the #4 JZA80 the ABFlug Supra? correct me if i'm wrong but i seem to remember that supra having something like 1100hp at the wheels and something like a $290,000.00US price tag.....

posted by  HyundaGuy

Well the Supra atleast will have to be a couple years old (no longer produced) but i will take a quick look for you.

You can use this site as a price guide for what Supras are selling for: http://toyota.autoextra.com/model/supra/1995-1999
Celica:http://www.automart.com/search/vehicle

Or you can just do you own search on there for the area your in.

posted by  car_crazy89

i just rang my brother real quick and he said he bought his '94 supra turbo in '96 for $33k, he said that average value you for a 94 - 97 supra turbo/twin turbo is anywhere from $21k - $35k

i know that's a big difference in price range's but there's a big difference in the whole car's and so forth.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Supras are easy to make fast but slapping on one big turbo to replace the twin setup makes it into a dyno queen. Useless in the 1/4 mile.

posted by  Oomba

Look man, I'm not trying to judge but the two cars you picked couldn't be much different in the way they drive or their price range (FF/FR). Since you seem to care more about looks than anything, the choice between Supra and Celica is entirely personal. If you want to know how much a riced out car costs why dont you find a car you like, then find a website that has plenty of clear tails, 8" exausts, and ground scraping body kits that fit your needs. Add the price of the car with the price of the crap you are going to ruin it with, and that will be your total. I would suspect that the '04 Celica GT of your dreams could be had for under $30,000 if you did it yourself or much less if you buy used (just act like you dont like the mods when you buy it to get a bigger discount). I would look up pre-riced supras on a famous bidding site that ends in "bay". Their prices are WIDELY varied. GL

posted by  VG30DE

alright two things. buying vehicles on ebay is sketchy as all hell. i wouldnt buy any vehicle of there unless it was within traveling distance to go look at and to pay in cash in person. too many scamers. alright another thing. if he acted like he didnt like the mods dont to the car and tried to get a discount he would more than likely be told to **** off and to go find another car then. the only way hed get a discount is if the seller was in a pinch and needed the cash fast. and even then if his ride was riced out someone would come along and pay the full asking price for it.

posted by  72firebird

i acted like i didn't like the idea of a nissan silvia (s13) doin' 12's w/o NOS and the guy told me that he'd take it all off for twice the price.

acting like you don't like the mods can result in really negative things, possibally positive also.

oh, and NO, i never got that S13.

posted by  HyundaGuy

as for supra 3 and 4 they are super expensive well over 45,000 dollars.....you should buy a stock one and build the shit out of it....as for the guy saying that one turbo supras are dyno queens you should come to indy then you would see different

posted by  black_plague

lmao see the wing on the 3rd one?

as for the cost, will probably be round 10k, consider the exterior and then all the performance upgrades. around 6-10 depending on brands, but it looks like the engines pretty good looking.

posted by  Stem

They arent as good for 1/4 mile as the same setup would be with twin-turbo. Takes too long for turbo to spool up because single turbo Supras have big ones.

posted by  Oomba

WEll guys, I've thought about it and i'm looking to spend only around 30,000. I really love the http://fast-autos.net/abflug/supra5.jpg but I'm not sure what it costs... Estimates for the whole car?

posted by  Renegade

i just know these single turbo supras around here are sick they all run low tens consistenly....and there is a guy who comes from ohio sometimes and he runs 9.80s....oh yeah and they all have two or three steps so they all build boost before they launch

posted by  black_plague

nice one, fastest supra run i've ever seen is a 9.23 and that was a twin turbo supra, running a td06 (25g i believe) and a t-88 with some mad internal work done and a stroker kit (3.4ltr).

havn't seen my brother's on the strip yet.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Why don't you ask Veilside?

posted by  VG30DE

why would u ask veilside? that's an AbFlug car... completely diff manu's mate.

posted by  HyundaGuy

sorry I guess I got bad info from some lame rice site. my bad.

posted by  VG30DE

yeah one of the guys here in indy (tim) that runs low 10's is on a stock bottom end he holds the world record (for stock bottom end)at 1017hp...he has one of those rediculously large sp whatever turbos with like a 6 inch inlet and bla bla bla...but the other guys are built on like somewhere around t88 turbos.....and they all lack traction even with slicks

posted by  black_plague

Where could I contact them?

posted by  Renegade

:puke: everyone is aloud to have their own like and dislike but IMAO that car looks like it belongs on the x-files or it flew straight out of Area 51

posted by  airmanUSN

i like this one
http://www.sound-performance.com/customer/big-markburrell-01.jpg

posted by  airmanUSN

i'd still drive a supra regardless if it looked like a ufo or not :mrgreen:

posted by  black_plague

Other then the headlight covers, I really like that one, too. I like the more Porsche-style wing, and teh heat reliefs in the hood.

And I love the stance and the wheel and tire combo.

posted by  ChrisV

My favorite Supra is from Top Secret:

http://www.linney.org/imagesaboutus/PICF0050.JPG

Mr Nagata did a great job with the JGTC insired bodywork and 700+hp. Coolest thing of all is this ones a 4 cylinder turbo from Celica/MR-2.

posted by  fudge

God that things ugly. The Supra in stock form is on the edge of nice and rice in the looks department. Making it ricier is just sickening.

posted by  Oomba

Yeah and Mr Nagata really does give a shit whether he's riced it up. For god sake he's from Japan and he's the one who sets trends in tuning(in this case wide bodywork). And you're there using a term invented by a Korean/American to justify his work-yeah that's really f*cking wise.

Anyway this car is capable of doing 200mph so you have no right to call it rice. I like to see it pit against you're car.

posted by  fudge

correct me if i'm wrong, but i went to a supra site and i think Mr. Nagata is trying to sell the top secret supra for 100g us. i'll post the link up if i find it

posted by  SloMoBullet

I know it can beat my car. That doesnt mean its not ugly.

posted by  Oomba

But it doesn't mean it's rice just because you don't like it asshole.

posted by  fudge

By definition of ricer (lack of) style, its rice.

posted by  Oomba

If it's got lack of style how come it's featured in nearly all the import magazines and videos and how come it help promoted Top Secret? When will you wake up and realise that the whole car scene isn't revolving around you? Will you ever get a decent taste for cars?

How about you go build a better car with more style? Shit I forgot you had no talent.

posted by  fudge

That's not the definition, IgnorantBoy.

Keep on diggn' that hole. You're getting stupider by the minute. :clap:

posted by  ChrisV

Yes it is.

posted by  Oomba

I see you've made it a goal in life to prove to the world that you know the least of anyone in existence. Don't have much farther to go before you reach that goal. :clap:

posted by  ChrisV

I think you're just stuck on the old version of the term. Why dont you go on anti-rice.com or ricecop and ask them if the cars from TFATF or 2F2F are rice, im sure theyll tell you they are.

posted by  Oomba

And how about you listen to someone who is older than you, been around more and experienced more than you certainly have, and possibly ever will.

posted by  hondaman

i think some of you are just taking the term "ricer" to a heavier level that was never intended, as ChrisV explained in a different forum, the term "ricer" was invented by a Korean lad by the name of Bryan, the term was invented to pick fun at his fellow asian's who had purchased completely rediculous upgrades that would make the car heavier and harder to drive, thus making it complete puss in the performance category.

the term just refer's to people *not just asian's* who have gotten cars that are underpowered and spent money on tryin' to make them look fast rather then actually makin' them fast.

example: stock 1993 honda civic lx, 95kg bodykit, 10kg aftermarket mags, 3kg fart can, 3kg of stickers = making it rice because of NO performance upgrades have been added, plus, it's been made to look rediculous.

people are stupid enough to rice up american cars also, it's not just japanese cars... even in australia i see people with 3.8ltr V6's who have riced there car to the absoloute maximum... example: Holden Commodore(VN), 3.8ltr V6(Buick engine with a buick box), with a shyt load of stickers, custom 25kg bodykit and a bit fat turbo fart can that's killing all the back pressure making the car choke..

can we just stop using the term ricer if the people arn't actually killing the car's performance... PLEASE..

posted by  HyundaGuy

Stickers arent affecting a car performance in any way, so its not decreasing performance like you said. Its still rice. I've seen plenty of Mustang GTs with euro taillights and fart cans, which i call rice. Its still a fast car.

posted by  Oomba

Lol...I had no idea oomba was talking about that blue car....i had no idea it was a supra!

Lol...not banging on that kit, I think it looks awesome, but I thought it was an eclipse.

Oh, and oomba...I love your sig.

posted by  mahalaleel

So you're trying to say that sponsorships are rice :banghead: If I get money for i I don't really care what some dumbass says.

posted by  fudge

How can a sock car be on the edge of nice and rice? :screwy:

And you can't call that Top Secret supra rice, It's a PREFORMANCE car. Why would Top Secret put boother putting that stuff on if it didn't improve preformance? The stickers on it are sponsors.

Just because you don't like it the look of it doesn't mean it's rice. :banghead:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Listen asshat, you're the ignorant POS that called THIS "rice"

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/802810d.jpg

You're the one with the completely wrong definition, simply because YOU'RE the ignorant fool that knows nothing, and thinks their uninformed opinion actually holds ANY f*cking value.

Again, STFU, bitch, until you can prove you actually KNOW what yore talking about.

posted by  ChrisV

I wouldnt call that rice, but it does look stupid as ****

posted by  Oomba

lol yea it kinda does. scrapescrapescrape.

posted by  VG30DE

You DID call it rice. And you are calling all traditional customs from the '50s on up stupid?

Dude, you need mental help. You're NOT a car enthusiast, just a f*cking retard.

posted by  ChrisV

Guys... what about the cars I asked about :(

posted by  Renegade

Bro, just let them finish their little dispute and I would get a Supra :2cents:

posted by  99integra

People that do that kind of shit arent ricers, but they share the same mentality. Like people that put 20" chrome rims on Celebrities and shit, they arent ricers, just stupid as one.

posted by  Oomba

:rolleyes:

:driving:

posted by  GreekWarrior

That little dude's a classic ... no matter how heated anyone gets in their posts, he just keeps on drivin' with that smile as though nothing's goin on. :laughing:

posted by  windsonian

:orglaugh:

posted by  GreekWarrior

No, dude. face it, you're the dumbass. How can you POSSIBLY be so f*cking ignorant and still come to automotive message boards? How can you even possibly think you actually KNOW anything? You have now become the single dumbest motherf8cker I've had the displeasure to meet in over 30 years in the hobby/industry.

Were you dropped on the head as a child?

posted by  ChrisV

The problem is you're asking a question with no real answer. Each car can cost quite a bit different than the other, and the cost of doing what you want with them on top of that can vary wildly by which exact things you want done, and how much you can do vs paying a shop. And each shop will charge wildly differnt amounts, depending on their particular quality/cost level. If you don't even know which you want to work with, and what you actually want done, then there's no way of even coming CLOSE to a detailed cost breakdown here on a forum.

A celica like that first one pictured could run anywhere from $15k to $100k, depending on who does the work, and what kind of deals you get on the parts and labor. Seriously, there is no detailed cost breakdown.

posted by  ChrisV

Well you may like ugly shit cars with chrome rims that scrape against the ground, but alot of people are out there laughing at the drivers of those vehicles.

posted by  Oomba

And a lot of people here are laughing at you. Why do you give a damn about what other people like to do? If you don't like it, fine. Why the hell do you feel it necessary to insult what other people enjoy dammit?

posted by  hondaman

No, no, you're right. The tens of thousands of high ranking people in the street rod community, custom car community (like Chip Foose) and the designers at places like the Art Center College of Design are all just laughing stocks to the smart people like you. I mean, it's hard to believe that knowledgeable people like that can even find jobs in teh industry, considering how valid your opinion actually is.

You win. No more argument from me. Your incredibly closed minded, unsubstantiated opinion is the shining beacon we should all follow, the most valuable goal an automotive enthusiast should have. Thank you for showing me the way.

:thumbs:

posted by  ChrisV

Your Message