Rememberance of C4

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Rememberance of C4

I just want everyone out there to comment on C4's stupidity
This should be fun
He was a big part of our lives taking all of our time to tell him right
But now he is gone
YEA BOI!!! :fu: C4

posted by  6000LE

May our days be filled with less shit talking and stupidity and more with cars and fun. ill kinda miss the two secconds of fun i got after everytime i read one of his posts or made him look like an idiot...but ill live :mrgreen:

posted by  72firebird

truer words have never been spoken
anyone else wana comment on this morons departure? :smoke:

posted by  6000LE

time to move on and talk about stuff the forum was designed for

posted by  airmanUSN

yea
anyway what was all that stuff someone was talking about
some comprewssion ratios
smeone wrote a whole book to tell him off and i dint get a word
i really wana know more
someone post some random car info here

posted by  6000LE

it was air/fuel ratios. and its talking about the relation of amount of fuel to air that goes into each cylinder

posted by  72firebird

and what is VVT-i
Variable Valve Timing injection?

and what does that do
my dads 05 corolla has it and its a pleasure to drive

posted by  6000LE

to tell you the truth i dont completly know what vvt-i is or does. i dont pay too much attention the the new things that pop out in newer vehicles. to me learning things about newer vehicles is like english class in highschool, i dont want much to do with it. hopefully someone else can clear it up for the both of us. its always nice to learn something new.

posted by  72firebird

VVT-i has nothing to do with injection. I believe the "i" stands for intelligent. My understanding is that VVT-i (which is a Variable Valve Timing system) works sort of like VTEC but w/o two different cam profiles. VTEC has two separate lobe profiles on a single camshaft. At a certain RPM it switches over to the more aggressive cam profile... and then you have high RPM power.

VVT-i is a variable cam timing system that varies the advance and retard of the cam relative to the needs of the engine at that time. So, instead of having two different cam profiles, it just advances/retards the existing camshaft a fixed number of increments depending upon what is optimum for the engine load.

Again, this is my understanding of the system, I welcome any corrections.

posted by  Bino

see you learn something everyday. And yes i did write a freakin 12 chapter novel because he pissed me off. i was just saying that he's gone so it's pointless to keep talking about him and giving him the attention he wants so badly. i'm not try to start arguments so chill

posted by  airmanUSN

thanks for the knowledge. so its kinda like the camshafts for domestic cars where its duration varies depending on the rpm. like it lift a certain amount at a low rpm and the higher you wind it the more duration it puts out

posted by  72firebird

thanks for explaining VVT-i clearly, i now understand it.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Hehehe :orglaugh:

posted by  Oomba

Damn it, you got me. Redundency department of redundency can you hold?

posted by  Bino

Your Message