header

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  header

hey guys, the header and downpipe i ordered came in today, i was wandering how much it would cost for someone to install it, my dad was gay about me and my brother in law doin it, because he thinks the car will fall on me, and i duno, but also that my brother in law wont do it right, even though i know he can, so anyone know how much?

posted by  dsmracersv98

i wouldnt know, i dont know anyone whos had to take it to a shop to put headers on. but then again most my friends use v8 powered rwd cars. not fwd transaxled cars like im assuming your talking about.

posted by  72firebird

Just do it yourself

posted by  Oomba

It is sooooo much cheaper to do it yourself. I checked around and the shops wanted like 70-100 dollars to do it. Most of that is just the garage charge.

Just do it yourself. Buy some gasket shelac or something to put on the gaskets, get a Chilton and a torque wrench and tighten the bolts on the header down to the torque specs. What car are they going on? That's is all we did on mine, but It's a 94 Civic, I don't know about others.

Oh yeah, you can look at the chilton to find out how to get the exhaust manifold off and then put the header on the opposite way.

posted by  Nickboxer7

do you guys called exhaust/turbo manifolds headers?.. wow.. that's weird... lol.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I remember Hobo trying to flame me for that!

We don't use the term headers often in England, most shops use the term tubular exhaust manifold.

posted by  fudge

hey guys, my dad wasn't gona let me do it at first, but he said i could now,.... gay but anyhow, im gona have to get the stupid company to send me a gasket and bolts for the downpipe, i looked at the picture and noticed that i didn't have those lol, its going on a 98 mitsubishi eclipse and one of my friends dad use to be a mechanic so he has all the tools id need for it

posted by  dsmracersv98

Well Hobo is a flamer

posted by  Oomba

tell him youre gona go ro a garage and do it
meanwhile just go to your brother in laws house and you 2 just do it together
thre is always a way to get around shit
this might do it for u
:smoke:

posted by  6000LE

i dont think thats a problem now. he said his dad changed his mind and is letting him do it. but yea that would have worked if it wasnt that way. reminds me of when i had to spray paint the front half of a 86 honda because my dumb brother had the door open and was backing up and u guessed it hit the door and bent it fowards. nothing funner than playin ghetto mechanic

posted by  72firebird

lol
yea i missed the post that he followed up with
i hate my dads ideas too
he siad that stick is stupid so im getting an auto
and then when i go to college in one year i can gbet anytihng i want
i guess he wants me to get a stick when im gona be standing up to my ass in traffic
but it wont be bad
o well
cant you just hold the clutch in in first gear instead of doing neutral 1st neutral 1st
my mechanic said that when on a hill just hold the brake and the clutch when in gear and then just let out the clutch and go

posted by  6000LE

i still have to get the gasket for the downpipe, i thought ups was suppose to be good the box was damaged and had a few holes in it

posted by  dsmracersv98

rofl maybe waltrip was driving the truck

posted by  72firebird

You mean Dale Jarret? lol

posted by  car_crazy89

lol yea same thing lol. i dont watch nascar too much oval track racing is boooring. but still funny to think about huh.

posted by  72firebird

Haha ya. Its pretty much the only racing i watch (never seem to see the others listed on tv :ohcrap: ) lol. Drivers that cant act but play parts in commercials.

posted by  car_crazy89

lets see speed covers alot of the trans am racing and fomula and all that even moto gp and ama. its usualy on durring the weekends. like serioudly saturday morning is like formula, then its trans am, then moto, then ama. its like 2 whole days of racing on the weekends. thats probably why you dont watch it. nascar is usualy one during the weekends and not everyone gets the speed channel. thats why i dont watch nascar too is because its on at the same time the kinda racing i like is on

posted by  72firebird

Your Message