Turbo?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Turbo?

where can i find a good turbo engine for my Mazda RX-8? i am having trouble in deciding. i would appreciate it someone could help me. thanx

posted by  Exclusive6904

Summit Racing is good. Do you have on near you?

posted by  Oomba

Do you want to stick to rotary or convert to piston engines?

posted by  fudge

would a 13bt or 20bt be better for an rx-8?

posted by  HyundaGuy

are their alot of cars with rotary engines or is it really only mazda's?

are rotaries better than pistons?

posted by  Stem

depends on the person bout the rotor vs. piston argument, i prefer a rotor.. mainly cause they rev out to X's

and i'm not to sure about other cars coming STANDARD with a rotor, i'm fairly sure it's only mazda... i seem to remember that the rotary was pilot'd with a Mazda Cosmo 110S with the 10A engine.

posted by  HyundaGuy

There are other makes of cars that have rotaries, and a rotary is better because you can run a high RPM :2cents:

posted by  99integra

But lacks the torque and reliability of a piston engine. Also fuel consumption is greater. Also it's almost impossible to increase the displacement of a rotary engine.

posted by  fudge

Just add more rotors. :smoke: 787B anyone? 2.6L 4 rotor. Sounds like a Heavy Machine gun to me.

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/787B/

posted by  VG30DE

I'm pretty sure Mazda is the only make that uses rotary engines, if not I wanna hear some examples. Rotaries are also a pain to start in the winter time and have very steep torque curves.

posted by  moostang104314

Greddy i'm pretty sure is making a turbo kit for the RX-8 :smoke:

posted by  mx3_monster

you can make honda engines rev really high too ive seen a couple round indy revving to 10500 rpm....and rotaries have a tendency to not last very long

posted by  black_plague

true... have you ever seen a se3p with a honda engine though..? i think that'd be a large waste... i mean.. c'mon.. why would you put something like an f20c in an se3p..? unless someone can come up with a perfectly good reason i'm gonna be completely against the idea of honda in mazda.

posted by  HyundaGuy

pistons are better in my opinion

posted by  ferrariman666

Your Message