MAD Tuners

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  MAD Tuners

MAD Tuners

Welcome to MAD tuners, one of the few racing clubs in the city on nothing but a high school budget. Joined together for one mission, cars, MAD tuners are the best example of what can be done with determination and ridiculously impossible ideas. MAD tuners include Mike, Alex, and Dmitry.

Mike
Vehicle Information:
• 1999 Nissan Altima GXE
• 110,000 miles
• EXT Color= Gold INT Color=Grey
• Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
• Engine: 2.4L 140 Horsepower I4
• Nickname= Altimate Nissan

Upgrade Specifications:
• Cold Air Intake System
• Street Glow Variable Color under lighting
• Interior LED Lighting
• Racing Pedals
• 17’inch rims
• Low profile tires by Bridgestone
• 20% Black window tint
• JVC Head unit, Pioneer speakers, 2x10” Kicker SUBS

Biography:
Mike is probably MAD’s least knowledgeable racer. However, with a Nissan, he doesn’t seem to mind. Despite having a second generation car, he is proud of what he drives, and is determined to be the best. The Cold Air Intake system (Injen V2) gives him a slight advantage over the other racers at the engine, but at the wheels Alex’s Neon is the best performer balancing 150 horses and light weight. Mostly, however, Mike is known for his car looks upgrades. With both interior and under-car lighting, you can’t miss him rolling around with the system blasting. However there are more plans for the future (Vinyl, lips, and maybe even a full blown BOMEX Wide body kit). So, if you see a car flying right by with you while glowing blue, its good old Slio having a night on the town

Alex

Vehicle Information:
• 1998 Dodge Neon Sport Package
• 70,000 miles
• EXT Color=Dark Green INT Color=grey
• Transmission: 3-Speed Automatic
• Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC 150/133
• Nickname= Darkside

Upgrade Specifications:
• VENOM CPU Upgrade
• Port and Polish
• Gutted Interior
• Racing Pedals
• AEM Cold Air Intake
• Factory Rims
• Michelin Performer Tires
• XENON Headlight Conversion
• 20% Black Tint
• Custom sound includes 8 hidden speakers and 2 hidden subs

Biography:
MAD’s leader and founder, Alex is also arguably the most knowledgeable in the group. The Neon may seem puny, but underneath the hood it’s pumping a healthy 250 ponies and then some more at the wheels. The CPU is probably the most noted performance upgrade done in the underestimated domestic. If he goes from automatic to manual (which is being thought over right now), I wouldn’t even think of looking at that car. Not being a fan of stereotypical tuners he doesn’t have distasteful body kits and a muffler or a huge wing, but just a good old fashioned fun to drive car.
The intriguing style and performance of the car makes him arguably the fastest neon in Philly and maybe all of the east coast. Driving the only Sleeper in the group, he can easily fool a Prelude or a Tiburon into losing with a huge embarrassment even with the automatic trans. Challenging Alex is the same as pulling up to him, opening your window, and tossing him a bundle of greens; well, same result anyway.

Dmitry

Vehicle Information:
• 1995 Honda Civic
• 140,000 miles
• EXT Color= Black INT Color= Custom stitchcraft black/white
• Transmission:4-Speed Automatic getting transferred to a custom 6-Speed stanadard
• Engine: 1.6L I4 VTEC 125/117
• Nickname= Moneymaker

Upgrade Specifics:
• Cold Air Intake System
• Borla Exhaust
• Custom Interior
• Interior Lighting
• 17’inch rims
• Low profile tires
• 30% tinting
• Custom subwoofer enclosure leaves no trunk space

Biography:
Dmitry is MAD’s most knowledgably person in electric features. Don’t let the high mileage fool you, Dmitry drives no lemon. His CAI and soon coming 6-Speed will easily make him the local killer. Add in the new transmission and you might as well give in your license.
Dmitry’s performance upgrades, which still include major future plans, are well combined with his style upgrades. Tinting and interior lighting combined with impressive-looking 17’ rims are fun to look at. But don’t get used to it! If you even think of racing him, get used to the “back view” and looking at the bumper sticker reading “Blow me Ricer”
Conclusion

We are MAD Tuners, Philadelphia’s finest. Tuning is not just what we do, it’s who we are and if you have any doubts and some extra cash to throw away, then you’re welcome to come get some and find out for yourself!
:mrgreen:

posted by  6000LE

How exactly does the Neon have more horsepower at the wheels than at the crank?

posted by  Oomba

whoops
thats supposed to be the other way around
even more at the engine than the wheels *

posted by  6000LE

I see, and the Civic with the interior lighting and rims doesnt think hes a ricer? I see.

posted by  Oomba

yo shut the **** up and stop talking shit
i mean hes not a ricer because he doesnt hvae a 12 inch wing and a widebody kit
interior lighting is just for fun
and the rims are lightweight racing wheels
so suck a dick
youre getting almost as bad as C4 :fu:
a car doesnt have to be a sleeper to not be rice u asshole
rice means all show no go
hes got plenty of go and more on the way
so evfen if he does get a widebody kit which will get him booted from the club
hes still not gona be a ricer

posted by  6000LE

im just wondering is this a serious post?j/w..... its my del sol

posted by  black_plague

OT.... But what car is that in your sig black plague?

posted by  GreekWarrior

looks like a del sol eh?

i cant believe this racing team, lol so 2 of the 3 members are racing an automatic? and now a CAI makes you a tiburon killer? lmao this shit is hilarious. neon and rims and hes fastest on the streets

posted by  Stem

look.. i could say some seriously negative shit towards this.. but i wont.. i'm goin' to say.. CONGRATULATIONS ON OPENING YOUR OWN STREET RACING CLUB.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Hopefully 1 day you could feature in your local tuner magazine :thumbs:

posted by  fudge

that's very positive and enthusiastic of you :), i like to see the nice side once in a while.

posted by  HyundaGuy

fudge is always nice
at least to me
oomba is a dick to this whole thing
yes this is serious
it was my and mikes idea and then dimitry joined
im teaching mike more and more about cars as im working on his

posted by  6000LE

What is the negative thing you can say?
i drive a sleeper
mike likes style
and dimitri likes a blend of both

posted by  6000LE

hoping for that

posted by  6000LE

Yes he would be. You're saying theres no such thing as a riced Supra? Cause I've seen some bad ones, and they have plenty of go.

posted by  Oomba

look.. only negative thing i'm goin' to say to you is.. if it doesn't have atleast a supercharged 6cyl.. or it's not an 8cyl and up.. then it should be a manual..

street racers use manuals to keep there vehicles in the torque band at all times.. when racing anyway.. i don't think automatics were made for that.. just stop and go?

posted by  HyundaGuy

Stock Autos I'm not so sure about but if you can tweak it so it downshifts and keep at torqueband then you've got a very good setup. Best of both worlds are sequential gearbox but these go for at least £4000.

posted by  fudge

it's cheaper to have a dogbox and custom clutch made, learn to shift perfectly with one of those and you'll out do any automatic ever produced.

the driver matters most in a manual, that's why it's so much better street racing with a manual because it proves that a driver really does have the know-how or skill to race at a high speed or a really quick corner entry level.

i know that i had friends calling me 'Dancer' because of my quick foot work with left foot braking and heel/toe combo's, i also had the nickname 'Quick Shift' for a while because i was shifting really quickly, up until i blew up my gearbox from throwing shifts to quick :mrgreen:

posted by  HyundaGuy

there is sometihng severly wrong with your brain
if a car is all show no go then its rice
so ur telling me that every car in the fast and the furious and 2 fast 2 furious was rice?
what the **** are you on have you been snorting wassabi?

posted by  6000LE

Yes.

Except the Charger, Camaro, Saleen Mustang, Viper, Corvette.

posted by  nsupra27

Typical redneck response.

posted by  fudge

So people who like good looking cars without stickers and neons and vinyls are rednecks? Wow thats everyone over 12 in intellect.

posted by  Oomba

More intelligent than you.

posted by  fudge

Notice how he narrowed out the American cars? :orglaugh:

posted by  fudge

Now let's calm down here...

Rice, in my personal opinion, is hard to specifically define. My personal view of rice is any car with neons, vinyls, bodykits, and a fart can. Beyond that, there is good and bad, just like anything else. Cars with that, but nothing under the hood, that's bad rice. People that actually improved the go along with the show, that's good rice. Rice does not have to be a derogatory term, although it has become that due to the prevalence of bad rice over good.

I myself am not a fan of the bodykits and all, I'm more of a performance guy. But I certainly don't stoop to the level of many of you who choose to insult what other people do like. That is not only an immature thing to do, but arrogant. Only insecure people feel the necessity to insult what others like to do.

posted by  hondaman

But to say all the japanese cars in Fast and Furious is rice is wrong based on your definition of rice. Just because it has outlandish graphics and bodykits you dismiss it.

posted by  fudge

Was that referring to me? I don't dismiss anything...

If it is genuinely a good car I give it a chance. While I'm not a fan of the body kits and all I respect the people that do, and I don't stoop to the level of insulting them.

And I'm still not sure why rice has to be a bad term...rice rockets are just another term for the way people modify their cars. Like hotrods and such.

posted by  hondaman

what is up with you guys with rice? i dont know why you guys call it that, but i think thats a gay word. people have their own style. some goes for looks, and some goes for speed. people who go for looks is probably wondering why people who go with speed, go for speed. and people with speed is probably wondering that, why would people with looks, go for looks. so what, who cares if it has a big wing, a bodykits, or gots the speed. if your gonna diss them, then look at the magazines. that must mean that your dissing them too, right? they got bodykits, vinyls, a wing, and speed. im pretty sure your car is not as fast as theirs...unless you know, you got some bling bling...

posted by  silvia_star

I didn't say you dismiss it, i was reffering to Nsupra and Oomba.

I feel rice is a bit racist seem as though I'm not from the states. No one uses that term over here in the UK so I guess that's a good thing.

You can't insult people by calling them a hotrodder but you can with ricer. Just like when some arsehole comes up to you and call you a rice picker.

posted by  fudge

Well in F&F and 2F2F those cars werent as fast in real life as they looked in the movie(s). They were more to look good/fast then to be fast (more cause its a movie) but they did have some things done to them. The domestics really were faster when tested in real life (atleast most were i think). Its hard to compare real life to movies, its just not the same. And i'm kinda with Hondaman, there isnt really a reason for all 'ricers' to be bad, theres some that are good/tasteful by not going overboard. Everyone has their own opinios, especially when it comes to whats rice and what isnt so peoples viewpoints tend to be about different things. Its better not to argue whos opinion is right and whos isnt thoughm its a lose lose battle.

posted by  car_crazy89

True. But it shouldn't have to be that way...

And honestly, if anyone comes up to you and says that you have the full right to look them straight in the eye and call them a damned ignorant f*ck. Dismissing entire nations of cars is wrong, and no one has the right to insult anyone's choice of cars. Somewhere, someone hates their choice of cars also.

posted by  hondaman

i dont understand why oomba is bagging on my sleeper car
and calling my friends civic with plenty of mods and a 6-speed tranny and turbo on the way a rice car just because we put some lightweight racing rims on it

posted by  6000LE

you are as dumb as oomba
what is your problem
he is bagging on my sleeper and my frineds civic that has racing rims (black) and int neon
but take note that the civic has a turbo coming and a custom 6-speed manual trans
hes calling it rice
that rice will take any car in my city with ease

posted by  6000LE

and interior lighting

posted by  6000LE

Some of the cars in The Fast and the Furious and 2Fast 2Furious I like if you take all the stickers, vinyls, neons, wings and some of the bodykits off.. Like the Skyline, Supra, RX-7, Evo, etc...

Little example for you that dont understand...

Don't Like:
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/4945/2fast2furious029ue.jpg

Like:
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/8682/modelevo828tc.jpg

Don't Like:
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/3760/2fast2furious0213aa.jpg

Like:
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/8403/ssd1ee.jpg

posted by  nsupra27

well hell i guess my car is rice to because i have black rims a turbo and a manual tranny ....sucks for me

posted by  black_plague

just because it's gonna have a turbo and manual trans that doesn't mean that it's goin' to be able to take it, he's drivin' an automatic the whole time from what i've read so he's not goin' to know what his torque band is, let alone where his gears are or how long or short they are, rev tacho's arn't 100% accurate, more along the lines of 85% accurate, really, you can have a 7000rpm redline, be sittin on 7200rpm on the tacho and really be at about 6700rpm.

put it this way, my mate's 210hp Daewoo Lanos can beat that civic, with ease, considering it's actually been worked as a sleep street racer with over $15,000 under the hood.

and that's some funny shit you've written there mate, funny funny.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Don't worry bro i can drive stick...I learned how to drive a car first on stick and then i had to get used to my civic because i had trouble with the automatic. Dude come on man we're all here for the common good of cars i have a job that pays 7 bucks an hours - tax. I don't have money to throw at my car like others do nor do i intend to. I know how to race and i know how to switch well...so please don't insult my capabilities because they're not bad! :hi: :thumbs:

posted by  95civicdima

Don't forget the Europeans.

I don't exactly remember if there was any domestic rice in the movie, but it's just as prevalent to have Mustangs and Camaros just as riced out as some of those other cars in the movies.

posted by  VG30DE

see i understand you
you feel that those kinds of cars are better left stock because they are better that way
but it gets me really mad when oomba calls my friends civic rice because it has interior lights and racing rims
watch hes gona start calling my sleeper neon rice too
lol

posted by  6000LE

sorry 6000 but you and your friends drive RICE. If you don't want them to be rice, take out all the interior crap and neon crap and put some things in your cars that ACTUALLY MAKE THEM FASTER!!
I totally agree nsupra, but the Evo in the bottom picture is an VIII, while the one in the movie is a VII.

posted by  jedimario

all right guys lets stop talking about the fast and the furious....we all know how sweet the cars are...j/k

posted by  black_plague

Yeah your right back on topic guys,

Can anyone tell me how to blow the welds on the intake?

Do I have to granny shift not double-clutch to make this happen?

When my laptop says "Danger to manifold" am I on the right track?

posted by  GreekWarrior

i drive a sleer you noob
so suck my dick

posted by  6000LE

my car has no style upgrades whatsoever
it has a VENOM CPU and a gutted interior
how is that rice please explain

posted by  6000LE

No, but when your floor pan drop out at 120 it means you used too much NAWS....

posted by  Zalight

OH OK, so I need NAWS! Better make that two.......

posted by  GreekWarrior

hey you can go screw yourself
where we live all of the other "tuners" just have fart cannons and rims
no performance whatsoever
its easy to see that a civic with a CAI and removed body panels can smoke a civic with a fart cannon
and once i get a turbo in my neon combined with my CPU thats already in there I will smoke anytinhg
and im getting a 5-Speed installed
so suck me off man
my frined mike wrote that nad he ****ed it up making everyoe look unbeatable
when i have the car with the most performance

posted by  6000LE

Where in the hell are the American cars? :banghead:

posted by  FordFromHell351

May I ask why everyone drives a ricer? Why arent there any Mustangs or Camaros on this littl team? :ohcrap:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Because Neons and Civics are cheap, and cool to drive in the rice world.

posted by  Oomba

Because that's what they chose to drive. To each his own.

posted by  hondaman

Just shut the hell up Oomba

posted by  93ranger

Its true.

posted by  Oomba

Oh look, another insightful comment from our forum idiot. :clap:

posted by  hondaman

NO ITS NOT

posted by  93ranger

First off, let me state my opinion that street racing is stupid, regardless of whether it's organized or not. A few stoplight challenges up to the speed limit or so are typical fun stuf, but organizing a team for it is just stupid. take it to a track. It's not THAT hard to do.

Ricer is a term invented by Bryan Hong and the Riceboypage. yes, it's slightly racist, as he's Korean and was making fun of his fellow asians in California in the early '90s when he made up the term. And it was about making a car LOOK fast wihtout actually being fast. And it's about the attitude that looking fast MAKES you fast.

Neon is a modification many ricers do, but it's not about making the car look faster, so it isn't a rice mod per se. It's simply a custom mod, used on everything from street rods to custom trucks.

Automatics were actually great for drag racing, and most drag race musclecars had automatics (though very few got left in stock form). It's not really any harder to modify the trans than it is to mod any part of the engine or suspension, but it seems it's the only part of a car that less informed people think HAS to be left stock. And automatics are great for turbo cars, as teh engin enever has to drop revs during the shift, so they can continue to make boost during the shift.

posted by  ChrisV

everyone bagging on my car can go to hell
how is my car rice when its a sleeper
it looks just like any other neon out ther but performs about 3 times better
and for those asking where the domestics are
my neon is a domestic
and there are no camaros and firebirds here because no normal teenager can afford to keep one as far as gas and insurance goes
so you can keep talking all the shit you want
but until you come to realize that my sleeper car is not a ricer and that my friend who is getting 300 horses soon from his civic is not a ricer either you can go suck shit
mike just has a showoff car
thats his thing
he likes to cruise around
i tihnk f&f and 2f2f made everyone interpret street racing wrong
and by the way i know sections where i live where the speed limit is 40 and me and my frinds are racing around in a pack at about 95-100
i drive fast evrywhere and anyone who tihnks im stuipid should have a reason to back that opinion
not just "civics and neons suck"
:2cents:

posted by  6000LE

How about the opinion "keep it on a track?" Sorry, Fast n Furious movies weren't even accurate representations of the scene that had been going on for decades and was stupid then. Keep it on the track where the conditions are controlled. Doesn't matter what time of day or "how well you know the area" street = uncontrolled, surprises, and just plain illegal (and not mildly illegal, but the kind that can actually cause great harm to innocent people). Doing 95-100 in a 45 zone? Absolutely irresponsible. I love fast cars and have had many. I don't agree with the way speed enforcement has become a revenue generating industry. But that kind of behavior is retarded.

Already made my position clear here:

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=11073

And in teh words of Hobo:

"Once again we have another candyass lying to justify the fact that he's not man enough to put his car on the track because we all know only pussies race on the street.

If you spent half as much time and effort trying to do the right thing instead of making up stories to cover for your stupidity, you too could race like an adult."

And even thunderbird1100, who I'v ehad a differnce of opinion or two with, has this very smart thing to say about it:

"If you seriously are INTO cars you would take the correct measures in racing them. Which means getting in the car and using a tank of gas to get to the strip have fun and go back home with some evidence of how fast your car REALLY is. See, at the track, there is usually never any bragging, no BS, just racing. I noticed in the street racing world everyone claims their civic is the fastest thing on 4 wheels. Go to a track, this is where all the talk and BS end. Where you see REAL race cars run REAL times"

No one is "forcing" you to race on the street, simply because no one is "forcing" you to race. If you CHOOSE to race on the street after all the facts given to you, it's because you're a fecking MORON. Can I say it again? MORON. You're too stupid to just control your immature urges.

We're not talking a little goosing it from a light for fun. We're talking street racing, which is a different animal altogether.

Hobo's got it right.

"Responsible street racer" is an oxymoron. Street racing like YOU'RE talking about is for immature kids who don't want a timeslip to prove their 12 second Civic runs 16s.

posted by  ChrisV

Another good one...

posted by  ChrisV

i understand what u mean ive been meaning to take my shit to the track lately
but the fact that ppl are calling my sleeper car a ricer is wrong
the fact that they are calling a turbo ciivc with a 6-speed manual is wrong
all i want is for this shit to end
im gona tke my shit to the track and im gona scan my results

posted by  6000LE

i just got a question about the neon ...are you mods for all motor and if so you cant just go slappin a turbo on there and hope it to run well....and as for teh venom performance module its not an ecu its a piggyback for better fuel and spark...get a mopar ecu or something you can tune if your gonna boost.... just my two cents

posted by  black_plague

i'll run you since you can smoke anything....and your buddy with the civic too :mrgreen:

posted by  black_plague

3 times better? Wow so Neon Sports come stock with 80 horsepower? Never knew that!

Noone asked that, dipshit

I'm 16, I have an 84 T/A. A friend of mine has a Firebird. Theres people at my school that have 5.0L Mustangs and Camaros. Dont start that shit.

I'll believe that your friend has 300 horses when he gets more than a CAI for performance. 6-speed doesnt increase horsepower, and he doesnt even have that. I'll believe he gets a turbo and 6-speed when he actually shows it to you. [/Quote]

Ricer

Ooh! I'm impressed :roll:

Yeah, they do stock. Theyre economy cars. And adding a CAI to a Neon doesnt make it a GTO.

posted by  Oomba

i agree with oomba for once. i also drive a 72 firebird. ive had it since i was 16. it was my first car. and yea gas is a bitch but thats also why i own a seccond car. and i also know alot of people who drive v8s and camaros/firebirds and other domestic v8 sports cars. the thing is its not that most teens cant afford a car like mine. its mostly the fact that most teens dont have a choice on what their first car is, most the time its a handidown car from a relative or older sibling. and the fact is i got my car cheaper then i could have any other car. 1300 is cheap for a car. especialy an older car like mine that run when i bought it.

posted by  72firebird

Ricer

Ooh! I'm impressed :roll:

Yeah, they do stock. Theyre economy cars. And adding a CAI to a Neon doesnt make it a GTO.[/QUOTE]

actually someone did ask that you moron
someone was like "where are the domestics"
and i know hes getting a turbo and 6-speed becase i ordered it for him
i have much more than a CAI
and neon sports come with a 2.0 DOHC 150 horsepower engine
so youre the dipshit
now piss off before i get you banned just like C4 :fu:

posted by  6000LE

where do i get this stuff from
and how much green am i lookin at

posted by  6000LE

hm its kinda obvious where you get mopar performance parts. but if you dont know go to the dodge home page. they have links to it and of course you can do it online or order from a catalog

posted by  72firebird

The reason i bought my car is because when i was looking for a car my MAX was 3500 bucks. I saw an add for a 96 integra and i personally love acura's so i decided HEY why not check it out. I come to this little dealership and i see it's not a very neat place. The way this dude sells cars is dealerships buy these cars with a lot of mileage as a trade in and then they call it in and sell it to this guy because a dealerships won't sell cars with more than 100k miles on it. So i decide a car is a car and i just want one i'll feel good in. I check out the integra and it looks like the car didn't have oil... As most of you can understand that's not good at all, plus i don't know how long the car ran without gas so that's too much of a risk. I'm there so i might as well look around. Honestly he had a very nice selection of Honda's. There were some really good ones there but their prices were just too much for my pocket. I see the Civic and i'm thinking how i would like it. The price tag says 4200, but i'm almost positive i can hit down the price to 3500. I took it for a test drive by myself (keep in mind at this point i only have a permit but none the less i'm a good driver) the car drives nice i do admit it handles nicely it accelerates very well! I loved the ride and said i want this car. So i argue and argue he didn't wanna go for it. I offer and offer. He gave in! I call my mom and she says no! To my surpise i'm upset and go home. At home we argued about it. Finally the next day he calls me tells me that he'll give me an offer i can't refuse...3 grand cash TODAY! I call my mom and she gives in. I call my dad and he was on the way to pick me up to go get the car. I get the car and well we find out that the car does need some good repairs to it. The o2 sensor was broken so right away we have probles, but he gaves us a brand spanking new o2 sensor in good faith so i got my mechanic to put it in. From there we use basic intelligence and get the car a tune up and a new inspection. Yea that hit my wallet a little bit because i wanted everything to be great in the car. Since that the car has been great to me. I learned how to drive an automatic on my grandfathers 91 accord. So i got used to it quick and honestly the car is just a great treat. Okay so it's a ricer do you really care? I'm not putting all those pussy neon lights and flashy shit. All i'm doing to it is well now getting a new transmission (the car ran into problems with the transmission so it just seemed to be have the best option of replacing it) remember this car has 140k miles and that's not exactly something you brush off. The car is my first car that i bought with my own money. My mommy and daddy didn't go out and buy it for me or i didn't get a cheap deal from a relative this car is purely bought from my hard work. I really don't appreciate people saying my car sucks NEWS FLASH I KNOW! The car is made to be reliable for me a high school student who has a very tight budget. Personally i will do some shit to it. I have someone with a sweet pyle system for about 160 bucks and i know someone who can install w/e i can't myself (speakers mainly) for like 40 bucks. Plus i'm getting tinted windows and keyless entry (in that order). Then i'll worry about making my car faster. I don't mind pumping SOME money into my car but working just to pump shit into my car is no way worth it sorry guys. I love cars and i love driving, i love racing and i love driving with friends. That's why i joined this forum, but i didn't join to defend my car or myself. So what do you guys think? This is really the first time i really went this far in depth with the purchase of my car

posted by  95civicdima

^^ I really hope you people read this it really means a lot to me :oops:

posted by  95civicdima

that was the typical story of how a kid gets his first car. it involves alot of mind changing. alot of sacraficing. and not a very big buget. this is what alot of us went through. we had the perfect car in mind. and in most cases couldt find one in our price range and had to settle for something else. and what not. and thats also why i love my car. it was my money, and my hard work put into it.

posted by  72firebird

OK kid, just because you drive an import does not make you/it a ricer. You sound like the usual closed minded muscle car guys... do a little research.

posted by  Bino

what you said made no sense. just another stupid remark.

posted by  72firebird

you could have said that somewhere where it made sense or somwhere where it had a lil more to do with what he said. that was like if i saw someone who was driving a deisel and asked him what octane he put in his tank.

posted by  72firebird

why don't you just get a bunch of bombs and throw them on the track for fun...? i'm gettin' a holden gemini TF (it's a rwd sedan.. kinda small for those who don't know) and throw it on the track and do burnouts?

i'm personally get a gemini, putting a 4a-gze from an aw11 in it, gettin' a 2way trd lsd for cheap as dirt and then finding a 4a-ge 20valve gearbox for it, should be mint... i wanna start drifting and i know that racing on the street IS stupid and irresponsible, you NEVER know what's gonna happen and who's gonna run onto the road as you're doin' 250km/h in a 50km/h zone.

fair enough, i'm not one to judge as i have lost my license twice (in less then a month apart from each other) from street racing at high speeds but atleast i've now got the chance to take it onto a racetrack, the court's are paying for my racing license just to keep me on the track more often rather then on the street because i'm so much of an indiot that i'm actually a danger to society with my driving... bein' an idiot and street racing can really give you a bad reputation and a bad chance in life, due to a bad record.

just go to your local track, sit the 3 hour test's and pass, it's not hard, get your beginners license and then go on the track during expression session's and be wankers there... if you can, find a drag racing strip or a drifting course and trash the shit out of your cars there, that's what i do with my excel. (not drifting, i just do hand brakies into corners and LFB coming into sharp turns).

posted by  HyundaGuy

I got a few things to ask, first of all, how does your Neon have 250hp? All you have done to it is port and polish, CAI and a Venom CPU Upgrade, how the HELL does that give you 100 extra horsepower?
And your friends Civic, I dont think he will have 300hp unless he runs very high boost, and if he runs high boost on his stock engine he will blow it unless he rebuilds it with lower compression.

posted by  nsupra27

i supose next your gonna tell us not to turn the nos un below 2500 rpms. we never woulda knew if it werent for you :thumbs:

posted by  72firebird

...what the hell are you talking about?

posted by  nsupra27

Thanks man i really appreciate you reading all of that i know it was a drag but you really understood what i was trying to get across, and for those others who really didn't and want a summary all i'm trying to say is that you people jump the gun so fast to say your car is better you don't think there might something behind the persons choice of vehicle. I'm not saying my car is a ricer or isn't because lables like that are very ignorant THANKS AGAIN 72 :thumbs:

posted by  95civicdima

actually someone did ask that you moron
someone was like "where are the domestics"
and i know hes getting a turbo and 6-speed becase i ordered it for him
i have much more than a CAI
and neon sports come with a 2.0 DOHC 150 horsepower engine
[/QUOTE]

Oh but I thought you had 250 hp? So how is that 3x 150? Learn math dipshit, i did in 2nd grade.

posted by  Oomba

Oh but I thought you had 250 hp? So how is that 3x 150? Learn math dipshit, i did in 2nd grade.[/QUOTE]

it runs 3 times better as far as acceleration and handling
i guess someone doesnt know about sport springs and struts
whos the dipshit now
if u got nothing nice to say dont say anything at all
and im also getting a turbo kit, new headers, and a new intake mantifold along with an intercooler
so suck me
all you do is talk negative shit

posted by  6000LE

no problem people forget that we were all once kids and weve all had to make sacrafices for our first rides. i mean i really wanted a 60s bird or a early 70s trans am, and like you i found one but my parents said no to both. i found a 67 firebird and a 72 trans am. and they wouldnt let me get either and i was so pissed. but i got lucky and found a 72 firebird for cheaper and in better shape. i still woulda have liked the trans am cause it would have been less energy spent later converting it. but it worked out pretty good for me. and nsupra i was basicly saying thanks for the info captain obvious. and that running high boost on a stock engine is newbie stuff. anyone whos dumb enough to do that is a miracle they even got there liscence. thats like day 1 stuff. just like anyone whose dumb enough to hit the nos under 2500 and burn there engine up is an idiot. basic knowledge. i was just being a smart ass. and obviously i know not everyone knows that stuff

posted by  72firebird

not to be rude but who is doing the six speed for him because i've never heard of one in a d or b series .....and what gears from what car is he using

posted by  black_plague

i think it was one of 600le friends not anyone that has anything to do with oomba

posted by  72firebird

it was intended for whoever said something about the six speed tranny...i just quoted him....sorry for the mix up

posted by  black_plague

Yeah im a negative mutha ****a. Please teach me to be nice like you kindly demonstrated there.

posted by  Oomba

You are negative about Hondas which include Acuras which include INTEGRA'S :evil:

posted by  93ranger

i just return the favor of your kindness
do to others as they do to you
you want respect from me and the forum then u gota give respect
i think i speak not only for myself but for at least a few others when i say that you are a prick that just insults other styles
you dont even belong in the import section if you hate it so much

posted by  6000LE

its a special built trans from some company in japan
they do custom high performance equiptment for Honda since its the big seller there
i duno
ran us like 1500 dollars
and then we gota convert from a auto so thats a new computer install a pedal
gona be some hard work
but it shud pay off

posted by  6000LE

O so sport springs and struts improve acceleration? Well you learn something new every day don't you.... :screwy:

posted by  jedimario

stiffer springs will slightly improve acceleration because your car lunges right off and doesnt lean back
dumbshit
and if u read the origninal post it says "increase performance"
performance is not just acceleration and top speed
because see some of us actually dont just race in a straight line
we actually do point to point races
so springs matter :mrgreen:

posted by  6000LE

no offence but stiffer springs makes the car slide more and have worse handling, softer suspension in the back along with slightly stiffer in the front is better, it gives you better traction.

for drifting, stiffer rear and softer front is the way to go cause you need front traction.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Now now, you only have one in your car. :wink2:
And please can you answer my question on how you have 250hp with a CAI, Venom CPU upgrade, and port and polish?

posted by  nsupra27

i'm confused about that too, i've got 4-2-1 extractors, full 2" from the extractors with mandrel bent piping, 3" muffler box along with a 2.25" tip, K&N cold air intake and soon i'm gettin' a 45mm throttle body(to replace the 34mm) along with the new manifold for it, fuel pump and injectors to increase the intake to make the torque and hp higher..

my car had 84hp stock, it now has 102hp, i don't see how you can gain 100hp with such simple upgrades??

the main intention for my car is to get to 120hp and then sell it for $5,500aud, considering it's worth $3,000aud now, it'll be worth a mint when i'm done upgrading it completely.

that includes mags, tyres, suspension, lsd and brakes soon too.

posted by  HyundaGuy

99Integra right? Didnt you get banned from here? :screwy:

I dont know why though. Anyhow

Hondas arent my thing.

posted by  Oomba

I can tell, but first of all, you are way to biased, not every Honda is a ricer, ever heard of the NSX, S2000, Integra?

posted by  93ranger

I know that. I only said Civics suck. I dont have a problem with the others, i just dont like them. So why'd you get banned 99?

posted by  Oomba

Bav doesn't like my attitude, I flamed a lot, and I got VERY pissed at noobs that didn't introduce themselves

Oh and **** you too

posted by  93ranger

I flame Civics. And people really dont NEED to introduce themselves. Try a different forum, if you catch my drift.

posted by  Oomba

How bout you shut the hell up and go to a domestics forum :thumbs:

posted by  93ranger

I like imports. I dont know why people think I hate imports because I hate Honda :screwy:

posted by  Oomba

your drift smells funny, what'd u eat last night?

posted by  HyundaGuy

Because honda is the biggest import manufacterer in my opinion

posted by  93ranger

You like auto right? You like - right? You like forums right? You like .org right? Thats what i had.

posted by  Oomba

Oomba shut the hell up :evil:

posted by  93ranger

Didnt that get you banned?

posted by  Oomba

auto..? as in automatic transmission...? as in.. you're joking right..? i wont drive a ****ing auto.. not even if my life depended on it, i'm a manual driver only, i HATE automatics, even if it's a 7000hp top alcohol drag car.

i REFUSE to drive an automatic.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Don't get me started

posted by  93ranger

Automobiles...

Apparently you dont read between the lines

posted by  Oomba

did you write the book on "how to be an annoying wanker and piss a bunch of people off" ?? cause damn, you could make a killing in the shops.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Wanker?

No, im not much of a writer.

posted by  Oomba

Oomba everyone knows its me

posted by  93ranger

Even Bav? Because what would be the point in banning you and not banning a repeat name?

posted by  Oomba

So why did you get banned?

posted by  nsupra27

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=14586&page=2
Read that and stop trying to tattle :banghead:

posted by  car_crazy89

because he's easily annoyed by minders.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I got in trouble with Bav, flamed every noob that came on that didn't intro themselves and started flame wars

posted by  93ranger

TAKE DOWN THE SIG NOW :cussing:

posted by  93ranger

I'm not tattling, but if someone wants you to leave then you should just leave, and not be such a bitch about it making another accn.

posted by  Oomba

as i said, easily annoyed with minders :D, excludin' bav, he's cool.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Your not tattling cause everyone already knows (except you didnt know that at first). And if you check, that account was made awhile BEFORE he was banned, and obviously (if you read that link) Bav knows and doesnt give a shit, so the question is, why should you?

Sorry Oomba, i'm not trying to start anything with you, i've stayed outta it so far so why join now :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

I love watching forum battles, they go on for pages of just laughter.

posted by  nsupra27

I just think its kinda childish to come to place where you're not wanted.

posted by  Oomba

And if i may ask, what would you call your sig? Is that mature?

posted by  car_crazy89

Nope.

posted by  Oomba

He's not wanted? Hmm....

posted by  hondaman

oomba maybe you should be nicer but i agree this guys a duche and thinks that his neon can be any faster than a moutain bike :laughing:

posted by  ferrariman666

99integra isn't the one with the Neon dude :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

i didnt say he was hahahahha dude hahaha stfu

posted by  ferrariman666

Hmm...and what the f*ck is your problem?

posted by  hondaman

you telling me i was talking about the wrong person when i was talking to oomba

posted by  ferrariman666

Considering he had been talking with 99integra for the past two pages, it's not that difficult of a connection to make f*cktard.

posted by  hondaman

ok i said dont be mean and space then i said the other thing dumbass so next time you wanna make a "connection" about who im talking to dont

posted by  ferrariman666

whoah .... settle down mate.

what if i said "hey ferrariman how's it going but you're a loser" ... would you link the two? I think so, even if i was talking to someone else for the second part. :screwy:

posted by  windsonian

Oh don't worry I won't. It's obvious you can't string a coherent sentence together to save your life.

posted by  hondaman

except i never said a name duhhhhh and i said neon so it must be the other guy why dont you think before you say somthing stupid like that and using big word dosnt impress anybody

posted by  ferrariman666

Considering you probably didn't even know what it meant, I guess not.

Have a look at this sometime:
http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/dictionary.gif

posted by  hondaman

first they are called headers
hot header
and i think i have 250 because the car feels really powerful
i dont care much for horsepower
im a torque person
my last car has 140 horsepower 180 torque
:sleep:

posted by  6000LE

id much rather have horsepower than torque why you like torque better and honda man i knew what you ment i said it didnt impress anybody pay attention

posted by  ferrariman666

you can blow me mr i wish i had a ferrari
i put this club and this car together all by myself
all the shit in my car i did alone
except for the port and polish
i did my own springs
my own CPU
and it takes a lot of hard work
i have the right to brag
but you on the other hand probbably had mommy and daddy buy you a car
dont bag on my shit
this would not have started if oomba dindt call my car rice when its a sleeper
and i still got the fastest neon in all of philly
so dont go talkin shit

posted by  6000LE

You just like arguing with everybody don't you?

And if you think coherent is a big word...you must be either f*cking retarded or in fourth grade... :laughing:

posted by  hondaman

what's the first word?

posted by  windsonian

because torque accelerates the car.

posted by  windsonian

because i like getting off the line fast
its just always an adrenaline rush when i get pushed into the back of the seat in my aunts 2002 Jaguar XJR
shit is smokin

posted by  6000LE

i asked a simple question and i bought and i payed for half the car

posted by  ferrariman666

lol omba and the point?

posted by  ferrariman666

yeh i was talkilng to oomba i didnt say who i was talking about dumbass and i wouldnt have said shit if he didnt in the first place

posted by  ferrariman666

what the hell are you talking about
"and i bought" + "and i payed for half the car"
are u incoherent?
i dont have 250 horsepower
you feel better now?
but i still got enough to beat the life out of any so called ricer or tuner that you refer to them as
even with my auto trans
and i really dont care what you tihnk
i worked on this car not knowing how to unbolt a screw
it took me a really long time to install the springs and then the CPU
so dont go trashing other peoples hard work :2cents:

posted by  6000LE

Evidently you have a problem with people correcting you...I see a person I think is confused and try to help....you respond by telling me to shut the f*ck up, therefore starting a flame war. Congratulations on being a dumb, arrogant prick.

posted by  hondaman

well said bro

posted by  6000LE

The point is:

posted by  windsonian

i never said anything about your work i think your the messed up one i just said neons are shitty nothin about your work

posted by  ferrariman666

Why thank you. :thumbs:

Oh yes you did.

You didn't just insult Neons, you insulted his Neon, and therefore all the work that went into it.

posted by  hondaman

ok well if thats what you think.... i think that puttin on a CAI isnt going to bosst your car 250 horsepower niether is polish

posted by  ferrariman666

And fill me in ferrariman - why do you like power (or "horsepower" as you called it) better than torque?

posted by  windsonian

yea bro i got major plans for that shit
it was all i could afford
im on a highschool budget
i got the ar for 2500 bux being all the money i had saved
so dont go bagging it
i still gota do so much shit to it
im in debt with my parents because i ordered shit for it
its not cool to say shit like that
i would never do that to you
i came here to get advice
not to take shit from little arrogant people like you, Oomba, and C4Power who is now banned :2cents:

posted by  6000LE

Just wana say i apretiate all of the people taking my side here. My car dont have 250 horsepower, and other members dont have power either. But I would much rather not go racing on friday night but get the club together and wax our cars or do small things like rewiring speakers or whatnot. Thats why I got this club together. We are not a racing club. We are just a car club. :smoke:

posted by  6000LE

He's just another prick looking to irritate some people...

On that note, what car do you have ferrari?

posted by  hondaman

probbably has an 85 camry wagon

posted by  6000LE

ok first of all quit saying im bragging secon of all im not on here to irritate im on here to say my opinion just like you so dont get all bitchy about stupid shit and if i told you what i had that would lead to 500 more post about your gay ass ricer cars

posted by  ferrariman666

Right...I got bitchy...I tried to help you and you tell me to shut the f*ck up. Will someone please explain the logic there?

And that has to be the poorest excuse I have ever heard...you don't have a car.

posted by  hondaman

seriously what are u driving
im not embarrased to say that i drove a POS car as my first
and ur gona sounds like C4
sayin he has a callaway C4
when its clearly a replica
lets not do this again
because hes jut gona get banned like C4
and its gona be a good laugh all over again
AND ITS A SLEEPER
NOT A RICE
WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT
SLEEPER
JUST LIKE YOUR BRAIN IS RIGHT NOW

posted by  6000LE

no i have i nicer car than youll prolly ever have and you didnt help me by telling me that i was talking about the wrong person im leaving bye

posted by  ferrariman666

no i wont do that because if you dont believe me than why would i care im not going to convince people that think hondas are good that i have a nice car

posted by  ferrariman666

Oh sure...you won't even tell us what it is.

You are a stupid 12 or 13 year old who doesn't know shit about cars, has never driven one, and definitely doesn't own one. And then, typical of a little kid, when you are faced with your mistakes you run. Well do so, and do us all a favor, either come back with some actual brain cells or don't come back at all.

posted by  hondaman

finally the prick has left
now i can sleep in peace

posted by  6000LE

hope its cozy in your shitty neon hahhahahahahhahahahahahhahh by the way if i get banned for sayin the same stuff you guys are say im sure i can live on

posted by  ferrariman666

so why do you like power more than torque?

if your on a car forum, let's talk about cars....

posted by  windsonian

Yes, let's see if you actually know anything.

posted by  hondaman

it dont matter to you
ur just a noob
youll go and piss off foorball fans and nfl forums and all that
and then youll go to bodybuilding forums and call the people there juice monkeys
lol
and i sleep in a bed with my girl
not on a stack of hey in the middle of northbuck tennessee

posted by  6000LE

Hmm....10 minutes spent staring at the thread. Can anyone say google?

posted by  hondaman

Well...I'm done dealing with you, son. It's obvious you are just a little kid trying to piss people off, or maybe you're just naturally that way. If so, my sympathies. In any case, go away, and come back when you maybe actually have a car and a brain cell.

posted by  hondaman

teheheheheh i went to the gas station so plz shut the **** up

i like horspower better because i like my shit fat im not driving a pickup with 1000 pounds in the back so why would i need all that torque to get u there hps is what keeps me goin fast not a shit load of torque asshole

posted by  ferrariman666

Bullshit. Took you 10 minutes to come up with that?

What gas station was it? What level octane did you use? What was the price per gallon on that octane level?

And most importantly, what car did you put it in? As if you can answer that...

I saw you refresh. It's damn near impossible to go to the gas station and back in eight minutes.

posted by  hondaman

Where do you think power comes from? Torque x Speed.
So if you want heaps of power, you either need plenty of torque or an engine that revs at 19000rpm (eg Ferrari F1)

posted by  windsonian

I have to do this, I just HAVE to do this.

And I'm sure some of this has been said already, but after 6 pages of your non-sensical crap, I couldn't take anymore.

6000LE, you are seriously one of the biggest mental cases this board has seen recently. I am going to put you above Jay-G on the list of retards. Jay-G just tried to piss people off with his claims. You simply try to justify everything, while spewing bullshit left, right, and center. You also seem to have the mentality of a 10 year old, and the grammar/spelling of one to match.

Your ridiculous claims that your Neon is so damned amazing is pathetic. A Dodge Caravan would own it. A port polish, CAI, and a CPU do not equal a 100 hp gain at the wheels. You'd be lucky to see 50 total... Plus you have defended it against being "ricy" several times, claiming that it is pure domestic. Granted, neons, rims, and interior work can be found on domestics, but those are "ricy" mods. There is no performance gains to be found from putting neons under your car.

Furthermore, I have seen more amazing "car clubs" on minimum wage budgets. I went to school with a guy who drove an 88 Chevy S10, dropped, shaved, painted, and engine swapped, with a damned nice stereo, on a minimum wage budget. Or how about the one who drove a 1970 Olds 442 Hardtop, completely restored, on a minimum wage budget. There's a few others as well(monte carlos, cutlasses, camaros and the like), but I can't remember exact ones right at this moment... So any claims about working with a tight budget can be discarded as false.

So take your poorly spelt, horrible grammar, 10 year old mentality, mental-case self out of here, because you are starting to get on a lot of peoples nerves. Oh, and take your "Glee Club" crap with you.

posted by  dodgerforlife

hahaha your so ****ing dumb its funny i went to citgo i used super unleaded and it was 2.05 a gallon its down the street from me and i know ever car has horsepower and torque and that it has to rev at high rpms to get up there but i dont need more torque than horsepower when im not driving a truck with shit in the back horsePOWER is what lets you go fast

posted by  ferrariman666

hahahah your the shit

posted by  ferrariman666

Super was 2.05 a gallon? Bullshit. And you didn't tell me the octane rating. And it doesn't matter how far "down the street" it was. Unless you were racing for your life to beat the clock it simply is not possible.

But I really don't care. Unlike you, I have a life. And I'm about to go enjoy it.

posted by  hondaman

yeh it was 2.05 a gallon and the octane rating was your mom and you dont know were i live so how would you know how far it takes now thats just stupid

posted by  ferrariman666

No, it isn't!! don't say "more torque than horsepower" because they are totally different, and not comparable like that.

It doesn't matter what you've got in the back.... If you and I were driving a car that's exactly the same weight, but I was getting more torque at the wheels, then I would accelerate quicker than you. The only way you could match me with a less torque-y engine would be to spin it faster, and putting a different gearbox in, which would in effect give you the same amount of torque at the wheels.

posted by  windsonian

no shit torque is what start you off but it do shit for speed and why do you think trucks have a lot of torque??????

posted by  ferrariman666

trucks have torque for pulling power, fast cars have torque for acceleration ... two different applications.

posted by  windsonian

You have a 4 cylinder car. That means 1 HEADER a.k.a exhaust manifold. You cant just get in a car, drive it, and say "oh, this feels like 250 hp here". Take it to a dyno. Dont come on a forum braggin about power you dont even know that you have, or parts you dont even have installed. In that case, my TA (which has about 190 hp, but we all know the logic is a lying bitch) feels like it has 600 hp. I could beat a Supra!

I've mentioned this before. I know plenty of people, who have cars much better than yours, that they bought themselves in highschool. Sounds like you werent shopping around much if the best you could find was a Neon for 2500 dollars.

So basically, you're just friends that tune their cars. Is their really a need to call yourself a "club"? Why not call yourselves a car building "crew", thatd be mad tight, yo. Niggz get all the ladies in crews.

Sleep in bed with your girl? Well according to your previous brilliant post, you are in highschool. And saying you're in debt with your parents implies that you live with them. So the only girl I can see you sleeping with is your sister. And dude, thats sick, dont sleep with your sister.

Hondaman, it takes me probably 5-10 minutes to get to the gas station thats down the road and back. If he went on google to find information, he wouldve actually spread the info he found by now.

posted by  Oomba

yeh hondamans a duche and so is this aulstralian guy he may be right but hes getting on my ****ing nerves nit picking at everything i say

posted by  ferrariman666

nitpicking? you asked someone why they like torque more than power ... so I asked you why you liked power more than torque. Don't make comments if you can't substantiate them.

posted by  windsonian

He only gets on you nerves cause well...He's Right :thumbs: Good you noticed though

posted by  car_crazy89

Has any one else noticed that naerly every topic that starts of talking about hondas turns in to a ricer thread and then a big argument?

It's funny.

No offence to 6000LE or Hondas.

posted by  GreekWarrior

i get the feeling that yall have not had sex in a while? mighty amounts of tension in this thread.

posted by  HyundaGuy

i would love to know where you live... :ticking:

just so i can get super unleaded for 2.05 a gallon... :thumbs: it's like like 2.45 for midgrade and 2.55 for premium where i am... :banghead:

posted by  dodger65

Except in the beginning you called it a street racing team and you HAD 250 hp.

The reason people are getting on your case is that you've been lying, with a ricer ATTITUDE.

Being a ricer means putting a couple bolt ons on a fairly slow car and thinking you're faster than everything out there. And you used Ricer math to do it. AND you argued about it! You actually said stiffer springs made your car accellerate faster so it FEELS like it has 250 hp! You actually SAID those things! That's the attitude that gets you labelled as a ricer, not just here but ANY serious car forum.

You really need to learn to knock that attitude off, as it actually CAUSES people to respond to you the way, say, Oomba has. I completely disagree with Oomba about Civics, and the validity of economy cars as bases to build performance cars from, but dude, YOUR attitude and the lies you posted in the first post in the thread, are why people like him feel like he does.

Oh, and in response to the claims in your first post...

Do you know of Howell Automotive? http://www.howellautomotive.com/ They are an east coast Neon tuner. My buddy, Don Howard, from here in Baltimore, owns a Neon that would SPANK yours, HARD. One of the first All-Motor Neons to run in the 12s in daily driver trim.

This unassuming sleeper neon runs 9.8 @ 145mph in the quarter:

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/11022040270622.jpg

And I know of dozens more in the Jersey/Delaware/MD/Pennsylvania region.

See, what I'm talking about is your cocky, arrogant, "I can beat anything with a nearly stock economy car" attitude, and it took 11 pages for you to say "well, we're really not a race team, and I really don't have 250 hp"

posted by  ChrisV

Dude, we don't need MORE stupid people on this board. Get a clue, or get lost.

Seriously, we have our hands full with ignorant ricers and equally ignorant anti-ricers. There's got to be a way of getting people to knock off the attitude and quit acting 12.

posted by  ChrisV

You don't understand the relationship between torque and horsepower, do you?

The ONLY thing that accellerates you and creates power is torque. Even if we are talking hp at high rpm, it's just a derived number from the amount of TORQUE at that rpm.

In racing, it's better to make torque at high rpm than low, becaeu you cn take advantage of gearing. BUT, in 99% of non drag racing driving, torque is very important. It's what pulls you out of corners, it's what allows you to accellerate smoothly to pass. It's what the gearing multiplies to put to the ground. it's not JUST about towing or puling heavy loads.

posted by  ChrisV

Ooh...the octane rating was my mom...OMG that's like sooo 8th grade...

ROFL!! When backed into a corner, the little kiddies just insult everyone...
He woudn't be nitpicking if what you said wasn't completely and totally wrong.

posted by  hondaman

ok so you are all busting my balls because i made a wrong assumption
and my car is not a drag racer like the one pointed out by ChrisV or whatever
i dont have 250 horsepower
so what
i love my car nad thats that
and about calling it a crew...thats really stupid
like "were a car crew"
what the hell is that supposed to mean
and i think the ferrari kid might be driving a Callaway C4
if you get my drift
looks like the noob made a comeback with a diff name
at least when steve came back he was wanted here
you werent
ok so since i was wrong and you were right im taking suggestions
im tired of arguind and getting my sleeper car called a ricer
what should i call my club
what should i do next with the neon
and what should we do about C4 here? :finger:

posted by  6000LE

So what? Dude! if you can't figure out why your attitude was so deplorable, there's no help. You were acting in all seriousness like the worst of the ricer phenomenon. A lot of ego and attitude about how you were the most knowledgeable on your "racing team", how fast your car was, blah blah blah. And arguing like crazy about how fast you were and all. So what? You were being an idiotic ricer by making those claims and all you can say is "so what????" Are you f*cking mentally challenged?

Nothing wrong with that. But you don't have to be a lying sack of shite about it to SHOW you like your car. you don't have to make a big post about your "race team" and that you have all this horsepower and are the fastest neon on the east coast, and that you're a low budget race team, and argue about what you wrote, just to show you like your car!

You're tired of arguing? You started it with post full of BULLSH*T! How f*cking hard is this to figure out? Your "sleeper" car is a ricer because YOU are a ****ing stereotypical ricer! Thinking your 3 speed automatic Neon with a CAI is the fastest Neon on the east coast, some sort of sleeper, and that your sport springs give you an additional 100 horsepower! That's ricer bullsh*t! You're arguing with people who have more experience with actual race cars AND cars like yours than YOU'LL ever have!

If you're tired of arguing, you shouldn't have posted reams of bullsh*t ricer math and ricer attitude to START with. If you don't want to be called a ricer, don't f*cking ACT like one!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously can't believe how f*cking dense you've become in defending your bullsh*t! and blaming everyone else for the problems here.

posted by  ChrisV

:clap: i know how you feel. read my reply a page or two back :orglaugh:

posted by  dodgerforlife

honestly i do understand but trying to explain to people that think they know it all is a waste of time and as for me being just anothere idiot on this forum..... ive been here for three day and have only met assholes that try to def therselves by saying that i dont know how much i pay for gas and dont know the rel;ationship between torque and hp when i dont need on

posted by  ferrariman666

You're saying people have been assholes to you? Get your head out of your ass you stupid shit. I tried to help you in my first post to you, not intending anything insulting in my post whatsoever. You then respond by getting hostile, therefore starting this. And then you have the f*cking nerve to say WE were being assholes?

And so far you have been the only person defending themselves. It's quite obvious you don't know anything.

posted by  hondaman

[QUOTE=hondaman]You're saying people have been assholes to you? Get your head out of your ass you stupid shit. I tried to help you in my first post to you, not intending anything insulting in my post whatsoever. You then respond by getting hostile, therefore starting this. And then you have the f*cking nerve to say WE were being assholes?

And so far you have been the only person defending themselves. It's quite obvious you don't know anything.[/QUOTEthats not helping anybody first of all seconed of all you started with omg do you actually know anythin and then your telling me that i dont know the price of gas wich prolly concerns you because you like hondas and gas efficiencey bullshit but thats beside the point just because i said i was talking about him dosnt mean it should lead to 5 pages of omg you know nothing your 12 my neons super cool and fast and you started it maybe youi should grow up

posted by  ferrariman666

Holy Mother of Run-on Sentences, Batman!

You could have saved yourself all this argument by being a little more intelligent to start with, my friend. Kind of like the guy who started this thread could have avoided all the unpleasantness in the same manner.

posted by  ChrisV

How about just being a group of friends that ike tuning their cars. You dont have to be a "club". I was joking about calling it a crew, just so you know.

Hemi and 6 speed swap in the Neon, k?

posted by  Oomba

I wouldn't have said that if you actually proved you did know anything...

You don't know me. So don't put words in my mouth f*cktard.

I wouldn't have done anything if you hadn't been a f*cking asshole, so why don't you grow up? It's quite obvious you're just spewing shit now. I never said anything, about his Neon being super cool, fast, or otherwise.

posted by  hondaman

ya my main focus here is to add periods dumb****

posted by  ferrariman666

yea you dont know me either so stop saying shit about what i know and were my gas station is and i said thats all ive herd since ive been on this thread so please shut the **** up and get off my nuts go argue with somone about a shitty civic or something

posted by  ferrariman666

I know you don't know shit. It's not hard to see that.

posted by  hondaman

No, apparently your main focus is to be a dumbsh*t. You go around telling everyone else to grow up, but you get all pissy when someone askes you to have the common courtesy of acting intelligent, as though it's OUR fault you're a retard.

posted by  ChrisV

right you cgan see that about argueing and id like to so what you know about ****ing vtech and gas miolage wooooooooo hondas suck

posted by  ferrariman666

You got ON this thread to argue and call names. So why bitch when someone does it to you in return? That's just stupid.

We don't have to know you personally to decipher the evidence you've left.

:banghead:

posted by  ChrisV

Oh f*ck...I can't even understand that shit... :laughing:

Miolage...HA!

And it's VTEC bitch. You are one of the dumbest, most ignorant shits I've run across. I'd say it's a safe bet to say you are worse than C4.

posted by  hondaman

ya because i dont use proper grahmmer on a forum makes me a retard........and common courtesy is calling somone a dumbshit now your the one just acting stupid

posted by  ferrariman666

No one would have done that if you hadn't acted like an asshole.

posted by  hondaman

id have to say you are the biggest piece of ricer shit out ,there and you guys talk shit because i disnt spell somthing right or put periods in and your callin me a dumbass **** you and all of your ,stupid ass ricer friends damn you guys ,have no right to call anyone stupid your the ones that like shitty ass asian imports theres about 3 good ones **** you suck my dick

posted by  ferrariman666

ROFL!! What a stupid post!! :laughing: That has to qualify for a world record or something...

Calling me a ricer? Oh shut the **** up you asshat. You don't even know what you are talking about. If you had actually paid attention to some of my other posts, I don't like bodykits, vinyls, and all the rest of that stuff. But, oh, because I drive a Honda, I must be a ricer!! OMFG!!

posted by  hondaman

ya i didnt ,do a ,history check before my post and you shouldnt evn have a say in anything ,driving a shitty ass honda

posted by  ferrariman666

And what do you drive? That's right, NOTHING. Shitty ass Honda? I won't take that personally, because it's coming from a f*cking moron who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

posted by  hondaman

wow
hsa noone yet realized that the ferrari kid IS C4
I have
and according to some i am the biggest ricer on the forum
screw you chrisV
so you know more than me big deal
the **** u want me to do appoligize?
get the hell outa here
so i made a mistake and i was wrong i see that now that everyone is telling me right
but im not gona say sorry for bragging about my car
i was wrong nad you people are right
thats as far as it goes

posted by  6000LE

ok you keep saying c4 i dont know who he is or do i care and i drive a 550 maranello and yea my mom and dad did help me get it who the **** cares

posted by  ferrariman666

Oh my God...he didn't just say that...

A Ferrari 550 Maranello? Pure, unadulterated bullshit. Let's see some pictures then.

posted by  hondaman

if u can get a ferrari u have to at least know sometihng about cars
no ferrari driver is as arrogant as you
and if you have a 550 then why is the icon an Enzo?
L-O-S-E-R

posted by  6000LE

You are blaming me for your misfortune? You act like an ass, I point it out, and you have the nerve to say "screw you? You are too f*cking stupid to see that YOU cause this shit yourself. YOU get the hell out of here, you immature POS.

Once again, actual knowledge is something to be complained about and argued with, as though the problem lies with IT. Brilliant.

You can't yet figure out what you did wrong. Get a clue, asshat. Nothing you say can make ME look like the one in the wrong here. Nothing. You can whine and bitch like a little brat all you want. Bragging about your car does not have to include being a lying pussy.

You didn't "make a mistake." You outright LIED, you acted like some knowledgeable racer with a race team, then argued about what you did. You didn't just make a little mistake, you were COMPLETELY ricer in your f*cked up, arrogant attitude.

I have a idea, you little POS. Go to a REAL race event and walk around talking like you did, then find the real racers and say "so you know more than me. If you tell me I'm wrong when I lie about my car, then YOU'RE arrogant for putting me down." See if your whiny bitch attitude gets met with anything better than I've given you.

Grow the f*ck up, bitch!

You've just beaten out JayG and Ki2ay for whiny, clueless bitch of the year. And the funniest thing is you get mad at EVERYONE pointing it out, as though the problem lies with us. That's a f*cking LAUGH.

posted by  ChrisV

maybe because my names ferrariman and i like all ferraris dumbass and i can see you guys are the kind oif people that if you dont drive a shitty car you have to go talk shit and then ask for pictures i bet you didnt ask the guy with the shitty neon for pics to believe him did im not going to waste my time convincing you that i have one you asked me what i drive i told.....................my parents khelp me get it because thlere rich its realy not that hard to beilive

posted by  ferrariman666

its hard to believe rich and cultured people can raise such a dunce for a son/daughter

posted by  6000LE

It's hard to believe because you type like a 13 year old. No kid with parents rich enough to buy them a $150k+ car is going to have an education that allows for such slop as you type AND think. I KNOW kids from those backgrounds, and they simply do NOT do what you do.

OTOH, everyone here has seen the typical 13 year old poseur on the forums bragging about some car that his parents bought him that is no more than a fantasy.

Where the f*ck are we getting all of you idiots lately?

posted by  ChrisV

you know what bro here is what i dont like about you
i clearly say that i was wrong and you were right
and i clearly say that my car really DOES NOT have 250 horsepower
but you never seem to see that
you only see the tihngs i say that you can make fun of
im not gona appoligize all over the forum because people like you are constantly finding sometihng to make fun of me for
thats that
so you say whatever you want but i stated my point here
i put down the facts for the last time
lets see if yuo can find something to make fun of here

posted by  6000LE

ok so just because im rich means i have to talk a certain way and type with proper grahmmer your wrong and just because i have a nice dosnt mean you have the right to say that its a fantasy you dont no shit about me or what i have so plz shut the **** up and stop acting like you know everything about everybody

posted by  ferrariman666

C4Power was a great example. And now hes not just in love with the callaway, but with a Ferrari that does not exist. :screwy:

posted by  6000LE

ok for the last time ,get this in your mstupid ass head i dont know who c4 I DONT KNOW WHO C4 IS

posted by  ferrariman666

and why should we believe you? becuase you have proven to be an idiot in all other matters? :mrgreen:

posted by  6000LE

oh yeh and you have proven to be a real smart person yourself you have no room to talk ricer bitch

posted by  ferrariman666

i lied about the neon
but i didnt lie about having a ferrari
because i have NO way of backing it up
apparently you do
so lets see a picture
and dont put a paper that reads "photoshop this hondaman"
loser

posted by  6000LE

You know what "bro?" I don't give a flying F*CK.

Oh, I saw it, and pointed OUT that you said that. I also pointed out WHY people were treating you the way they were, due to your ****ing arrogance in the first post, and the FACT that you SHOULD have known it before. And when it was pointed out that it couldn't have 250 hp, youargued that the SPRINGS gave you more power! You weren't just WRONG, you were LYING. You have YET to apologize for THAT. Or for ARGUING. In fact, you are BARELY apologizing for saying you don't really have 250 hp.

THE F*CKING HORSEPOWER DOESN'T MATTER, YOU ASS! It was the ATTITUDE. You acted from the start like you KNEW what you were talking about, you ARGUED with facts when they were brought up. You argued about everything. You are arrogantly stating you had the fastest Neon on the east coast. You were saying you were the most knowledgeable, AND YOU ARGUED ABOUT IT WHEN YOU KNEW FROM THE START YOU WEREN'T IN THE RIGHT!!!

Saying, "sorry, my car doesn't have 250 hp, but it's ok, 'cause I was just bragging about my car" doesn't cut it. It dosn't even come CLOSE to the point of this f*cking conversation!

I only see the attitude you have, that you lied from the start. Your point is invalid. You have yet to put ANY facts down other than your lame "ok, so my car doesn't have 250 hp" You have CONSISTENTLY missed the point. I have yet to "make fun of you." I have however gotten quite pissed about the retarded, lying attitude you STARTED with and will NOT let go of. You are unwilling, or unable, to comprehend what you've done wrong here and constantly blame everyone else including me for your predicament. This wil not end until you get a f*cking clue!

posted by  ChrisV

your honestly a dumbass you just admitted you lied your the loser and as for my car i dont feel the need to post it on here to prove it to your dumbass

posted by  ferrariman666

Where I am its about 2.33 for 93 premium, about 2 weeks ago the lowest it has ever been was like 2.25. I wish it was 2.05 here, that would be nice. :mrgreen:

posted by  nsupra27

YOu have a f*cking attitude problem, as well as 6000LE. YOu come in here talking smack, and insulting people, and then have the audacity to complain when someone calls yoout on it?

Same advice I gave him: NOTHING you do or say will make me look like I'm in the wrong here, either. YOU started this line of questioning, and you are the one responsible for the responses you get.

You aren't rich, you're just a whiny bitch, like him. And this post just proves it.

You want to talk to ME about the right to criticize you, yet you felt you have the right to criticize him in the same manner, first? ****ing HYPOCRITE.

Get a clue, assclown.

posted by  ChrisV

wow you really are pathetic its a forum settle down and no im not saying your wrong say whatever you want i dont care and its funny you know all these rich people and how they act but you act like white trash hahahahahaha and you cant call me a whiney bitch you kinda dont know me so that dosnt work and you shouldnt be giving me and 6000 advice because it sucks i think your the one who needs counciling :laughing:

posted by  ferrariman666

You need to shut your mouth boy, what have you contributed to this forum, ChrisV is one of the most dedicated to helping people on this board so shut up :evil:

posted by  93ranger

ya dont know were you came from but i think chris can stand up for himself and it looks like all he contributes is critisism

posted by  ferrariman666

Well actually I know where I came from because I have been here since 04 which means that I know that ChrisV is one of the most repected people on here.

posted by  93ranger

thats tight. kiss his ass on a nother forum

posted by  ferrariman666

Dude just shut the hell up, I don't want to get banned again :evil:

posted by  93ranger

Jesus christ, after a few days out and about and this thread has grown to 16 pages and Integra getting banned as well!

posted by  fudge

I know, sucks don't it

posted by  93ranger

Mike here. I feel this shit has gone on long enough. We all spent hours arguing, now let's all spend 10 minutes reading this. What really happened is this: When I started driving the Altima, I need some major help of what to tune. Alex (600LE Beast) provided me with all my knowledge. We started a joke club (then called AM Tuners). I thought this was just a joke, its not like we street race every day. Dmitry then joined and we became MAD Tuners. Just about everything Alex has described is not yet true. • Cold Air Intake System
• Street Glow Variable Color under lighting
• Interior LED Lighting
• Racing Pedals
• 17’inch rims
• Low profile tires by Bridgestone
• 20% Black window tint
• JVC Head unit, Pioneer speakers, 2x10” Kicker SUBS

My CAI is getting installed in a few weeks. All the lighting is true. But, I don't have the rims and low profile tires. My stereo is getting installed soon (speaking of which please check out my other thread, I need one last opinion from you). I have big plans for the car, but about half of that is just plans. Alex got his Neon just yesterday. He has major plans for it and I can assure you it will be mad hot, but for now it's just stock. Every mod he mentioned is coming up. Dmitry is the most honest of all our groups. He is also the only one of us completely paying for his car and insurance and now a new transmission. Therefore, his car is currently all stock too. But rest assured, once he saves up some greens, it's gonna be mad hot too!

posted by  Nissan_Altima

There's your problem. You think that being a productive member of a community is a bad thing. Your goals in life are retarded if you think being an ignorant POS is a valuable goal.

Telling you that you're a f*cktard and that I know what I'm talking about isn't kissing my ass, it's simply pointing out the facts.

Again, nothing you say wil make ME look bad here, as everythign you say is proven to be ignorant bullshit. You're just digging a deeper hole.

posted by  ChrisV

We all have huge plans for our cars and they will be just as good as they were mentioned, but just not yet. When Alex originally posted the thread, I thought he'd mention it was all just plans and not yet reality. When he didn't and the thread grew to 17 pages, I had to say the truth so here it is.

Two more things. Firstly, the term "ricer" is being used to ignorantly here. Some people like speed, some like looks. I, for one, like looks cause I want a car that looks cool. I don't need to run a 1/4 in 10 seconds. Let's face it, how many people here make it out to an actual track and race on a strip? I don't see what's so wrong with that, to each his own.

Lastly, thank you to all the people that are actually nice (72firebird, Hondaman, just to name a few). All the haters suck. Oomba, you in particular seem very ignorant. You critize everyone but don't hand out too much help. Your knowledge of cars might be impressive (I don't know much about you so can't judge) but if you act like a f###-head about it then it won't matter anyway. I hope you read this and thanks for understand, now enough hating and let's just learn.

Nissan_Altima

posted by  Nissan_Altima

You forgot 99integra aka 93ranger :laughing:

posted by  93ranger

The last sentence should read: I hope you all read this and thanks for understanding, now enough hating and let's just learn.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

None of it excuses not only the fact that he was lying, but that he was arguing about it. The stuff you mentioned in future mods and the attitude taken is simply ricer attitude, with ricer math. Arguing about it just makes it worse.

Had he finished his FIRST post with, "hehehe. Well, we haven't done any of that, really, just making up stuff for fun" NONE of this would have happened.

Holding on to it for so long and arguing about it for so long as though he knew what he was doing, THAT'S the problem. And saying NOW that it was just playing around doesn't in any way exonerate him. Nor does it adress the actual issues at hand.

He needs to learn WHY this was taken to this extreme, and learn FROM it, to become a constructive member of the car community, instead of an argumentative, whiny punk. You think he can do that? 'Cause I got no problem if he, or anyone, wants to simply open up his mind and learn.

posted by  ChrisV

Heh, sorry if I left anyone out. It'd be a long list if I read through the whole forum and wrote everyone down. :laughing:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I had no clue why he took it so seriously and either way have nothing against him for he is my friend and everything I know (which is still sadly barely anything) I learned from him. I sincerely thank him for his help. However, I didn't post here because I wanted to excuse him, I posted here so everyone can know the truth and I want know part in the "MAD story".

The stuff you mentioned in future mods and the attitude taken is simply ricer attitude, with ricer math.

Typical ignorant remark. I saw some of your previos posts which were very respectful and knowledgeable. This one is an exception. I want to be a "ricer". I don't give a f### if my car goes a quarter in 16 seconds or 12 seconds, I just want a little bit cooler looking car.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

this whole thread brings up stupid stuff. its like would you buy an enzo if it had a 2 cylinder with 40 hp. if it still had the same looks most of you would. its one thing to have a fast car. and its another thing to have a cool car. i hate the ricer attitude too. but who can blame someone for wanting a cool car. this whole ricer / domestic thing gets pretty old.

posted by  72firebird

what i mean is hate people cause there ignorant and rude, not because they drive an import or put wings on there car. sometimes those two things go hand in hand. but again hate them for the type of person they are, not what kinda cars they like/drive

posted by  72firebird

haha now you know my life goals right and you make yourself look bad im not doin a thing so just keep trying to convince evryone that nothing anybody can say makes you look bad thats how everybody thinks and productive member of community isnt under ass kisser

posted by  ferrariman666

that statement right there would eliminate you from the runnings as a ricer...

a ricer adds visual enhancements, but minimal or no power adding equipment AND (that's "AND" in caps b/c it's important that BOTH prerequisites are met, here) AND states that his car is faster than anything on the road, even though it is (for all intents and purposes) stock...

example: my V6 firebird has "formula" decals (added by the previous owner) and aftermarket wheels. if i claimed that it would beat a trans am b/c i added a CAI, wheels, and stickers, i would be a ricer.

(btw... i do not have a CAI, nor do i claim that it is faster than anything, really)

posted by  dodger65

alright listen
what the **** do yuo want
i came here to get advice
so i ****ed up once
at least i admitted it in the end
unlike C4 and this ferrari kid who keep to their game
so i was wrong
i was wrong to lie
what do you want me to do
im not gona leave the forum
and notihng more that you can say will make me think otherwise
you are a smart guy, and i respect you for that
and i had a bad attitude
so what
get over it at least i said im sorry
all this has to stop man.

posted by  6000LE

Sign on to AIM NOW 6000LE

posted by  93ranger

I criticize to help. People need to understand that unless you are dumping shitloads of money into a car thats intended for economy purposes, its not going to be fast. Posting pictures of cars in SCCA doesnt help an argument, because alot of money goes into those cars, more than any of us can afford, to make them run 12s, 11s, 10s, and so on.

Looks over power = ricer. If thats what you wanna be, thats fine. But expect criticism for it.

posted by  Oomba

you might feel that way
but others do not
now that you have clearly stated your argument i respect you for it
insteda of just saying that civics suck

posted by  6000LE

i dont know if you can read good but its ferrariMAN and im not sticking to any game because i never lied so dont put me into any category

posted by  ferrariman666

no see unlike you i can back up the fact that i have a neon
it may be stock but i can stand next to it lay on it hold a poster next to it
you on the other hand either cant or just are waiting for your neighbor drug dealer to get back so u can use is car once u get some weed

posted by  6000LE

one that makes no sence two who said i couldnt prove it and three i wonder why no one asked to take a pic with a gay ass poster to prove you have a shitty ass neon to people you dont know or care that they believe you or not?

posted by  ferrariman666

ebay is a great source aint it
and the dude must be a dealer
because he has more in the background

posted by  6000LE

thats nnot my car and thats not ebay duche bag

posted by  ferrariman666

Let's take a break for a while from this thread...some people just come to argue.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Your Message