Other than Honda...

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Other than Honda...

What Asian car company are you most fond of (Hopefully besides Honda)?

Tired of Civic talk. I love Nissans.
Z, SX, SE-R, GT-R, GTi-R, SR20DET, RB26DETT, VQ35DETT, Attessa-ETS rear biased AWD, and you can't forget the VG30DETT. w00t. Now where is that Hachi Roku Guy?

posted by  VG30DE

Acura :laughing:

I like the SE-R, if you talk to FordFromHell351 he swapped one into a Saturn :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Well...I don't know why Honda should be excluded...for those that genuinely have good reasons...

But I also rather like Nissan. Their VQ engine is excellent.

posted by  hondaman

i like all imports, including korean krap *hyundai, especially korean krap*.. anyways.. my favourite imports are: Toyota, Mitsu and Nissan, side tracked with Hyundai.

ask me a few questions on some imports, oh.. and you've forgotten about the more powerful VQ30DETT bud :)

posted by  HyundaGuy

SR20's are wonderful to swap. I guess it was too much to ask the about the honda thing (I call my own J30 a Nissan).

posted by  VG30DE

isn't a J30 an infinity?

posted by  HyundaGuy

What car has a TT 3 liter VQ?

posted by  VG30DE

Z32.....? thought you knew that..?

posted by  HyundaGuy

Z32 as in the last generation of 300ZX TT's? that was the VG.

posted by  VG30DE

Z31's came with the VG30.. Z32's came with the VQ30.. and now the newer 350Z comes with a VQ35..

posted by  HyundaGuy

Umm, I'm almost positive that Z31's are VG30ET while Z32's are VG30DETT. Try typing "Z32 VG30DETT" into Google then try "Z32 VQ30DETT" I think it speaks for itself. I mean, you are trying to tell me that my car has a VQ? I think I would know what my car has under the hood. My car had the VG up intil '97. Why would Nissan have two different "series" of engines in cars so similar.

posted by  VG30DE

65% of this is greek to me.

*Pulls up google*

posted by  TurboLag

my mate aaron has a '94 2+2 Z32 with a VQ30DETT... i think that speaks for itself.. maybe you should go an look around under other bonnets of Z32's before sayin' "i'm right, you're wrong".

oh, and i never said that the Z31 came with a VG30DET/TT, i said it came with a VG30, i know it's a SOHC, always was up until 1988 when they introduced the Z32 and produced a VG30DE/T to back it up, then brung a VG30DETT in around 1990, then from 1990 - 1997 they produced both a VG30DETT and VQ30DETT.

i'm not starting an argument, i'm just stating facts that i've got infront of my face.

posted by  HyundaGuy

ALRIGHT, i stand corrected, i just rang my mate Aaron and he said to me "i had the VG30DE swapped around with a VQ30DETT from a Nissan Cima", my mistake.

he also said that the VQ30DETT was produced in the Nissan Gloria.

both the Cima and Gloria are big ass cars simliar to the Laurel or Chaser.

posted by  HyundaGuy

fair enough, now back to the original topic.

posted by  VG30DE

Nissan and Mitsu.

posted by  Oomba

Are you referring to me? Have I become the "Hachi Roku Guy" :orglaugh: .

Anyways where do I start?

Nissan have a fabulous line up: s13, s14, s15, most skylines I like GTR's mostly (R32 GTR my fav :mrgreen: ) oh and Cefiro.

Mitsubishi: basicly any evo, Evo 3 is my fav.

Subaru: wrx/STi, more a fan of the older model, not really into the "bug-eyed" or round light wrx.

Mazda: Any Rx-7, love gen 3's I would get one if I could.

Toyota: last but not lest, Supras, Chasers, and of course the AE86 (hach roku) who would've guessed that. :mrgreen:

There are more but these are the ones I could think of at the moment.

posted by  GreekWarrior

What you say about greeks??? :ticking:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Yea I was referring to you, not in a bad way of course. That makes sense that you like the older Imprezas (Bunta). I too love the R32 best but my favorite Evo is V. Thanks for contributing.

P.S. thanks for no Hondas

posted by  VG30DE

what about the Gloria or Cima? they're good cars too!

you've left out the SW20/AW11, also you've left out the AE101 and AE111, 20 valve black top 4A-GE with alloy headers and alloy head!! wowowowowowoo! :D

c'mon christos, you know all those cars.

posted by  HyundaGuy

No problem :thumbs: , yeah I like evo 5's as well.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Oh yeah mr2's :PP ok then any car that comes with the 4A-GE, happy now. :mrgreen:

And yes Gloria and Cima, also laurels.

posted by  GreekWarrior

id have to say toyota
MR2
Supra
and this is not a racecar but the avalon is sooooo nice
also i like the Acura TL my supervisor just got one i drove it
amazing

posted by  6000LE

My Japanese Import manufacturer list goes like this (including U.S. badged stuff)...

1. Acura
2. Honda
3. Nissan
4. Mitsubishi
5. Subaru
6. Infiniti
7. Lexus
8. Toyota

posted by  thunderbird1100

Mitsu hands down is my fav..

Nissans are VERY nice as well.. :)

posted by  Metzger

Zoom zoom all the way man. Can nobody make cars like mazda:

Their formula for performance/fun cars is this: lightweight, low slung, small engine, sexy as hell, and RWD. I can't think of any other japanese company like this (besides honda). Imo this is the way it should be done.

And this is besides their rotary engines. No contest here... :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

I like my Imports V8 and RWD and seeing as how most arent this i hate them all, lol j/k.

I think Nissan, Mitsubishi and Mazda. All have good looking cars, good performers with alot of options to do with them and each have their own stand out.

posted by  car_crazy89

Good stuff. G45 w/ 6-speed. Maybe someday. :hi: Dreaming of production.

posted by  VG30DE

nissan and mitsu for me, i like them better than honda

posted by  Stem

don't aw11's come with 4a-gze and 4a-ge? then the sw20 comes with a 3s-gte and 3s-gue.. then the mrs i never gave two shits about, anyone wanna fill me in?

posted by  HyundaGuy

Like almost everyone else, my list has Nissan at the top. Mainly the Z cars, SX, Maxima, SE-R, and Infiniti's. I also really like Mazdas. The second gen RX-7 as well as the Miata and 6 etc. Toyotas, such as old Celicas, Supras, and Corollas. Then the list goes:

Honda
Subaru
Mitsubishi
and at the way bottom of my list Suzuki

posted by  moostang104314

Yeah that's right they do.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Nissan, - r32, 33, 34's, G35 (infiniti), 180sx, all the Z's
Mitsubishi, - evo VIII, eclipse 95-99
Subaru, - sti
Toyota - supra turbo, celicas
and Honda ahahaha..really u can't help but drool over a brand new ap1....

and i know this is not an import company but still....
Porsche - carrera, 911 ... yea thats it

posted by  SloMoBullet

:thumbs: Nissan,Toyota,mistisubishi that's it
Oh yeah i forgot Daihatsu

posted by  mx3_monster

izuzu

j/k :laughing:

posted by  Accord_Man

yea dood, beware mad Impulse power lol.

posted by  VG30DE

my mate had a holden gemini that was standard with a 1.6 dohc isuzu motor, swapped a supercharged 1.8ltr dohc isuzu engine into it and came 3rd in the gemini dyno off.

still, best upgrade for a gemini is either a fj20det or a sr20det.... oh.. and a v8 ofcourse, lol... if ya'll don't know what a gemini looks like then go do a google search on "Holden Gemini TE", that's the model that he used and it's the model i'm goin' to use for drift.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Your Message