DIY short ram air intake

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  DIY short ram air intake

When I bought my eg-6, it had half of a Mugen cold air intake (missing the second part with the filter). I don't have the money for a short ram and I dont want to put another cold air because this will be a daily driver and Im afraid of hydrolock. Is there anything wrong with modifiying the tube I already have by cutting it to make it a little bit shorter and then clamping on a filter???? Can I damage my engine in doing so??? I heard that huge intake systems like "J's racing intake pipe" do more harm then good. Is this true??? OR in doing it myself am I doing somethine smart and cost effective????

posted by  elchango36

What intake do you hav e that you are going to cut? I attempted to make my own intake at a friends with out the right tools for a quick fix just to get home. I cut and fit an after market short ram system which worked fine on the ride home, but wa shortly replaced. I would say that if you take your time, you will be able to do it. Im betting there is alot of info about making your own intake all over the internet, do a search.

posted by  Masuk

i dont see any reason it would hurt....its still an intake

posted by  black_plague

I have half of a Mugen Cold Air intake that I plan to cut and add a K and N Filter too it.

posted by  elchango36

Make sure you clean out the pipe after cutting. If there are any shavings in the pipe after you cut it, they might go straight into the engine. Other than that, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

posted by  Nickboxer7

Your Message