Over Priced?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Over Priced?

My friend Jeromy is looking into a 99 Acura Integra. It has some mods to it. Rims, Front kit, side skirts, screwed up tint, old coloration. You can't tell if it's light blue or silver. The car was originally green. It's OK but, it's not impressive. It's missing the back body kit. It's an automatic. The dealer wants $7,300.00. I think it's not worth that much. What are your views?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/SyntheticTrust/Integra.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/SyntheticTrust/Integra2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/SyntheticTrust/Integra3.jpg

posted by  SyntheticTrust

I'd give it to him if he included the rear body kit at no cost... it just looks TERRIBLE without it.

but amazing with it.

posted by  Legion5

BUY BUY BUY BUY, those are the best years they had, cept its a 4 door but no lack in performance, great deal too :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Waste of money. 4 door auto, with modifications of unsure quality. Pass.

posted by  Oomba

Shut the hell up Oomba :banghead:

posted by  99integra

I think you need to shut up. I didnt even say anything about it being a Honda. Dont dismiss my non-baised points, too.

posted by  Oomba

You said unsure quality, recap, Acura is tied in with Honda, so what do we say about quality and reliability, ding ding ding, you guessed it, its superior

posted by  99integra

run a carfax, that might give some insight on the reliability

posted by  importluva

That's my point to him as well. Jeromy wants to paint it, put lambo doors on the front and suicide doors on the back, complete the body kit, add neons, and really rice it up.. I keep telling him you don't rice up 4 doors.

I said the modifications were of questionable quality dumb****, learn to read.

posted by  Oomba

Hmmmm....I would try and get him to come down on the price to saaay...$6700 or a little below that. I would have to say that the automatic is a turnoff for me, as well as the 4 door body.

posted by  SlipKnoT

hey hey, that's not necessary

We are talking to Oomba here :wink2:, and you should have clarified because it seemed like you were dissing the quality of Integras and Civics

posted by  99integra

I dont know how I couldve made that any clearer.

I forgot, 99integra is aloud to flame me, but not the other way around

And when did I say anything about Shivics in this thread? Or any mention of them at all by anyone?

posted by  Oomba

based on my experiences working at a car dealership as a car detailer (and bsing alot with the used car manager) dealer prob only has about 5000-6000 in that car if it was an auction car because used cars at auctions are going pretty high right now and they are tough to get. if it was a trade in he prob only has about 3500-4000 in it because the used car manager always gave about half of what he would be asking for it. IMO id offer about 65-67 if he wanted it.

posted by  adamc44

Screw dealers, use Autotrader, Automart, and Autoextra

posted by  Oomba

Okay yes, I do have a tendancy to read things over to quickly, but why do you post in the asian cars section IF YOU DON'T LIKE ASIAN CARS??

posted by  99integra

You dipshit all of those are now filled with dealers, look in the newspaper for private party shit :banghead:

posted by  99integra

Oomba's just an idiot, hondas and acuras are frikkin awesome cars, hes just jealous he doen'st have one and has to drive his moms 70 nissan stationwagon everywhere. i bet of all your posts 95% is flaming or degrading asswipe

posted by  Stem

And I hope you were talking about Oomba and not me, ay? :ticking:

posted by  99integra

Well he did say "Oomba's just an idiot...." so i think he was talking about you :screwy: lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

the integra is sold

I like Asian cars, I just dont like Hondas.

Autotrader, and I think Automart/Autoextra's websites have private party sellers.

Yeah Stem, I'm really jealous of 110 horsepower Hondas :roll:

posted by  Oomba

What about Hondas with 1,510 hp?

If you don't like honda's then you don't like the NSX, Integra, S2000

posted by  99integra

You're getting very close to being a dumb***, please don't contradict yourself. Just leave him alone.

posted by  fudge

Lol, using that against me eh :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Yup, before this thread goes into an exponential decay.

posted by  fudge

lol 99teg you just automatically attack Oomba the one time he was just throwing his :2cents: in. And why does everyone here worship Honda. Plz stop acting like Hondas are God's gift to the car industry in an arrogant fashion. I like S2k's just as much as anyone here so plz don't flame me.

posted by  VG30DE

Hey, he is a duche bag and when ever he states his :2cents: then it becomes ignorant and retarded

posted by  99integra

I think we should calm this thread down a little, too :wink2:

posted by  Cliffy

Good luck :roll: Oomba's still here :wink2:

posted by  99integra

As I said...calm it down mate, both of you :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I aint even sayin shit. 99integra brought arguments in here for no reason

posted by  Oomba

How bout you go back to your little forum :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

i can't believe i'm saying this :ticking: but i'm in agreeance with Oomba a four door auto isn't really the best car if he's looking for something sporty or to tune and cars with mods done by previous owners are usually a good sign that the previous owner was probably hard on the car. There are plenty of other cars out there, i'd tell your friend to hold off for something he's completely comfortable with. Don't get it if he's questioning the worth from the beginning

posted by  airmanUSN

Ugh, do I really need to say this, automatics are good for quick launches if you are looking at drag racing, and manuels are good for just about anything cept in my opinion is good for driving around town and racing. You tell me, what is wrong with a 4 door? Mine was, and it was faster than a lot of them out there

posted by  99integra

what do most people with autos always ask for advice on? the cost of converting an auto to manual. And I didn't say that four door cars suck or anything but IMO coupes are sportier looking. You are right though, most of the four doors did have a little more power to make up for the extra weight

posted by  airmanUSN

i'd go with the runnin' gear from a 4dour and drop it into a 2dour coupe, lol. my engine and gearbox are from a 4dour excel and it offers about 5hp more stock along with a longer gear ratio (i got the diff to) and a 2way LSD.

4dours and station wagons are the best things to hype shit from!

posted by  HyundaGuy

Autos are only good right at launch. After that manuals take it

posted by  Oomba

Good point, you should tell all the Formula 1 teams that :thumbs:

posted by  fudge

Besides the fact that those are really expensive auto transmissions ment for racing, they arent as much fun to use. No stock auto trans is going to out-shift a manual.

posted by  Oomba

true, and for most imports, it'll stay true. But for many domestics (and some imports) modding the automatic is as easy and inexpensive as changing a cam.

When you do the mods in a typical shift kit (like those sold by B&M, TCI, or Art Carr), the internal pressures are changed, as well as teh timing of th eshifts. By increasing pressures, you speed up the shifts to nearly instantaneaously, and the internal clutches and bands grip tighter with no slippage, delivering as much power through the trans as a manual does. Combined with the torque multiplication of a torque converter, you can get outstanding launches AND get faster shifts than a manual, as well as never having to let of fthe gas or lose power to the wheels during a shift.

THios makes a good modded automatic an excellent choice not only for drag racing, but for corner carving, as you can choose teh gear yourself, shift when you want to, without haivng to slip the clutch, miss a shift, and use left foot braking to your advantage.

It always amazes me that so many people will go on and on about the potential of a car for moddig the engine or suspension/brakes, but think the transmission can only be the way it came stock. They'll add a $300 ignition controller and $200 air filter setup, but won't think to spend $50-100 on a shift kit that would dramatically improve performance.

posted by  ChrisV

a riced up automatic......not thinkin it's worth it...whats under the hood?

posted by  Boondock Saint

YET AGAIN! Chris teaches me something else about cars! yay! thanks Mr. ChrisV!!!!11111oneoneoneoneoneone, legend!

i didn't know that shit like that was possible with an auto trans, thanks for explaining it.

posted by  HyundaGuy

my opinions is its not worth it, but if he wants it, then get it. i'd rather just get a 4 door gsr if it comes to 4 door integras.

posted by  silvia_star

She said its gone now, no need to reply anymore, arguements could somehow break out cause or differing 'opinions'

posted by  car_crazy89

my bad...didnt really read all the way...just read the first couple of replys.

posted by  silvia_star

Sorry, i dont mean to be rude. I know it seems that way, i thought it'd maybe help others from maybe wasting their time or something else starting (enough wars around here already).

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message