Tach install help

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Tach install help

Hey guys i have a 94 Teg Ls and I have the tach all setup except for the - on the ignition coil. How do you guys get the wire in and out of the cap so it fits right? I don’t know if you have to drill the cap or what. I just have standard ignition right now except for the wires and plugs. I had it in stalled and it worked but than I was driving down the highway and my car just died. :banghead: Checked the coil once i got home and it was shot. Have you ever heard of it doing that before? All the wires are connected right. All the +'s and a good ground. Any help would be really appreciated.

posted by  94teggy

Be prapared to to be flamed on 94teggy

posted by  Car Guy

No, we'll just wait for you to help him with your tremendous automotive knowledge. Go right ahead.

posted by  vwhobo

i dont know anything about installing a tach sorry

posted by  Car Guy

So far you've demontrated that you don't know about anything... But that hasn't stopped you from posting yet. I insist, go ahead, my fingers are tired from typing auto repair information.

posted by  vwhobo

Well then 94teggy is going to be pretty dissaponted with this forum now isent he.......But 94teggy if your in the market in buying an Envoy i can help you there huh vwhobo :laughing:

posted by  Car Guy

Now isn't that the best "smart" gauge ever? :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  BavarianWheels

What the hell does that mean :fu:

posted by  Car Guy

The easiest and cleanest way to do it is splice into the signal (-) wire a little way up from the 7-pin connector. If you unwrap the harness, splice it in, then rewrap the harness and it's completely invisible. Just make sure you splice into the right wire.

By the way, we have an "Introduce Yourself" board, it would be nice if you do so.

posted by  vwhobo

Thats the flaming i told you about

posted by  Car Guy

If you can't figure it out then I guess you're worse off than I thought.

Go look in the mirror and repeat over and over "Car Guy is a f*cking moron'.

posted by  vwhobo

Thats mighty big of you vwhobo :fu:

posted by  Car Guy

Are any of u guys GAY?

posted by  Sexy_Shortie

Why? Who has peaked your interest?

What kind of an ignorant question is that? How about filling us in on your sexual preferences and history first.

posted by  vwhobo

:pop:

posted by  SuperJew

Yes I am very happy and content, life is just full of gay things. :screwy: ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT SEXUAL PREFERENCE? :ohcrap:

posted by  lectroid

Well, holy crap. I'm just asking a bout a tach install. Why are you guys bitchin at each other? So probably the best ways to just tap into the wire off the harness? Does anyone know which wire that is? Or have a way to find out?

posted by  94teggy

Yes, it's called a repair manual with a wiring diagram. You shouldn't be working on you car without one.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message