4-lug to 5-lug

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  4-lug to 5-lug

Hey there. I just have a general question. Suppose I get 4-lug rims for my 1999 Nissan Altima. Then I have to change my car and I put them into an 05 altima, that requires 5-lug rims. Is it possible? Do you just change the axel ends? About how much do you think this would cost? Once again, this is just an idea of mine, I know it's better to dump all that money under the hood. :smoke:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

honestly dude
it might be cheaper just to get new rims :2cents:

posted by  6000LE

i believe that you can have rims remade with the universal patern that allows you to put them on basically anything, but from what i've heard it's bloody costy! a friend of mine got 4-stud TE37's and wanted to drop them on his Mazda6 and that's a 5-stud patern, i seem to remember him paying like $350aud each mag for re-studded universal studing.

as stated just before, it could be cheaper to just get new mags, sell those and buy others if that's more convinient.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Go to any machine shop and they can make you spacers/adapters. I had some made for around 200$ for four. However, they are illegal. However, who cares.

posted by  FestivaFrank

why are they illegal, and would that make your wheels/tires stick out an extra 2 in. or so.

posted by  Accord_Man

If that doesn't work, it sounds possible to just sell off the old rims, add a bit and get new ones. What kind of place would buy rims?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

use a blow torch and and butter knife

posted by  ferrariman666

Your Message