What times to expect from prelude?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  What times to expect from prelude?

Ever since I got my prelude people keep asking me when I'm gonna take it to the track. At Sacramento Raceway wed. nights are $15 bucks so I thought I'd go sometime soon just for fun.

What time should I expect in the quarter with a 98 prelude, completly stock except for wheels/tires. I'm thinking in the 15s right? I know driver is a big factor, and I've been driving for a year and this is the first time I'd be going to a track to do an actual drag race. Not like I haven't been practicing launching and shifting tho lol.

I've looked online at times but there is a range from like 10sec to 16sec and I can't even tell which cars are stock sometimes. (obviuously the 10sec is modded).

If I end up going I'll post my times. My friend with a 99 acura 3.2TL wants to go too, and we're gonna race. Who do you think will win?

posted by  Vlad

15's or early 16's, dunno really

posted by  99integra

all i have to say is if i saw you at sac raceway doing 16s in a stock prelude, id bitch smack you and tell you to leave. the only fun racing youll be doing is bracket racing. no point in taking a car to the drag strip unless it can hit sub 14 1/4 miles. anything slower and its completly pointless. my advise is sell it, buy a litre sports bike . stock cars + drag strip= gay driver

posted by  72firebird

plus a road course would be more fun in your stock dog

posted by  72firebird

I'm not going to the drag cuz I think my car can smoke everyone there. I just wanna see what I can run. Whats wrong with that?

posted by  Vlad

whats wrong with that is 16 seccond 1/4 miles are boring. the only thing its good for is slow speed practice. like i said if you want some fun. take it to a road course. drag racing is only fun if your somewhat fast. unless you do bracket racing. but thats kinda boring too. its just the worst part is your cars stock. you might as well get "ricer" tattoed on your forehead cause youd get flamed for bringing a stock car

posted by  72firebird

It makes me a ricer because I got my car 2 weeks ago and have simply not modded it yet? Not like its gonna stay stock forever. Plus, I don't even have to race anybody, time trials are 5pm, racing starts at 7. What I wanna know though is the fee for every run, or just to get in?

posted by  Vlad

Don't listen to him right now, someone pissed in his Cheerios this mornin :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Since you're a nOOb you'll probably be at best in the mid 15s. With practice you can reach the limit of high 14s though!

posted by  thunderbird1100

Well what year is it? What engine does it have? Are you an experienced driver?

posted by  SlipKnoT

the fee is just to get in. im just saying 16 sec 1/4 miles are boring. but then again it seems like youve never been to a strip so itll be fun either way. and unless they changed it since last time i went its 16 bucks to get in not for every run

posted by  72firebird

and actualy im cranky from waking up early to piss in yours :thumbs:

posted by  72firebird

Jesus don't start with me today, its called Midol bitch, enjoy it :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Probably around 16s.

I dont care how experienced you are, you cant shave a whole second off a 1/4 time without tuning at all.

posted by  Oomba

Not if he improves his launch, shifting and reaction time?

There's plenty to be gained from a noob at the drag strip. Once you have a good technique then you can make the most of the future tuning you do.

posted by  fudge

lol the difference is i joke with you.

posted by  72firebird

hmm, whatever

posted by  99integra

i take it im not the only cranky one then

posted by  72firebird

today is a don't **** with me day

posted by  99integra

but its friday it should be a "lets party day", and i know how that is. i just aint in the mood for that fag titans shit

posted by  72firebird

ive hear better arguments out of c4 then i have from him

posted by  72firebird

Just calm the hell down, I will talk to him

posted by  99integra

alright alright. you dont really need to talk to him though, probably wont help.

posted by  72firebird

I have a way of getting through to people

posted by  99integra

smooth talker huh?

posted by  72firebird

That and I scare the hell outta people sometimes :wink2:

posted by  99integra

lol yea. i definatly wouldnt want to come up talking shit to you when your in your car. i have a fear of bats :mrgreen:

posted by  72firebird

Well obviously your gonna do alot better times then some noob, but your not gonna be 1 second faster than Honda's quoted time.

posted by  Oomba

Still remember that don't ya :wink2:

posted by  99integra

I already said. 98, stock engine, which means 2.2 I4 DOHC VTEC. Year of driving, a little less on manual.

What is honda's quoted time?

posted by  Vlad

Not exactly sure, high 15s-low 16s is what ive seen so far

posted by  Oomba

i'm guessin' that ur accord will do mid to high 15's in the 1/4mi.

my hyundai excel with the stock g15e does 17.26 in the 1/4mi., nothin' to brag about... i know..

but with a CR-X engine(b16a) in it, it does 15.22's and it has much better pick up.

depends on your r/t, 0 - 60ft times and also your gearing, to be blunty honest, a slighty tweaked automatic trans is much better for faster times on the strip, although, learning to double-clutch is fun :)

posted by  HyundaGuy

Since when do I got an accord?

posted by  Vlad

3.2 TL will own you in the 1/4, easy. You said stock except wheels and tires. What does that mean? Like low profile street appearance M+S on 18's, or small sticky drag radials on 14/15's, or sporty aggressive street tires on light 16/17's, or what?

posted by  VG30DE

17 inch wheels, low profile tires.

posted by  Vlad

16s if you bog a launch in a 97-01 Prelude. Fastest stock times for 97-01 ludes are 14.7s-14.8s. Seen a couple do that consistently.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. So I know to shoot for high 14s. Dunno if I will be able to do that, but it'll be a goal. Damn, I don't even know when I'll be able to go...turns out I gotta work next wed...

posted by  Vlad

You wont be able to do that this time out or the next few times out. It takes getting used to...the first thing is finding the best launch rpm. Which should be your goal this time. You'll probably pull off some slower times than normal (high 15s/low 16s) from spinning the tires or bogging from launch, but the goal is to find the right launch rpm. Next step is shifting correctly and keeping the car straight.

reaction time has nothing to do with the time you run and i would love to see a h22 lude run a 14 stock..... i just dont see that happening i would say mid 15 best...it might have 190hp but its heavy as hell..my :2cents:

posted by  black_plague

Your Message