Civic Air Filters?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Civic Air Filters?

While I was at Wal-mart I went to the automotive section and picked up an air filter for my car. I told the guy what make, model, year and all that stuff. He gave me an air filter. I had a friend that was going to install it for me. When he took the filter out of the box it was nothing like the one that was in my civc. I just kept the old filter. Have they stopped making filters for 96 civics?

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Theres always going to be a replacement air filter for your car no matter what the make/model/year.

posted by  SlipKnoT

go to your local dealership, a lot easier to get the right ones, plus theyre about as costly as walmarts...and generally alot better.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Wal-mart has little computers that you can type the make/model/year of your car and it tells you what model would go for your car :thumbs:

posted by  Oomba

That's exactly what we did Oomba and it didnt fit.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

one word - dealership :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

I would have to agree.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Try autozone or advance auto parts. It's wher ei always have gotten my replacement filters from.

posted by  thunderbird1100

that's because the stock air filters that come with your model civic are paper back filters, i'm guessing that you grabbed a pod filter for replacement?

take a picture of both and post them up if you could please?, that'd be a big help to me :)

posted by  HyundaGuy

Like maybe they sold him the generic neon green riceboy cone replacement that he has to duct tape to his MAF sensor lol.

posted by  VG30DE

you callin' me a ricer..? what's your proof of this..? and why call me a ricer?

posted by  HyundaGuy

No dood I am sorry. I wouldn't even think it. I just thought it would be funny if the guy who wanted a replacement filter and started this thread went to Wal-Mart for his replacement drop-in style paper filter, and instead some douchebag sold him like just a cheapass japcrap shitty generic cone filter by itself and he ended up like, cutting his airbox off and just duct taping the piece of shit to his MAF sensor. I thought it was funny. I definitely don't think you are a ricer. What would a ricer be doing with an old Korean with no aftermarket (that I know of). ALTEZZAZZZZZZZ YEA j/k.

posted by  VG30DE

you like korean cars you kinda make fun of yourself

posted by  ferrariman666

well if that isn't ignorant, I don't know what is.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Um, FYI,the guy who started this thread, is really a GIRL... :orglaugh: Just thought you might want to know.

posted by  elchango36

Thanx, but I had no way of knowing except for the lack of car knowledge. j/k plz don't flame me. I joke because my gf doesn't get the whole car thing. I'm hooked and she wonders why.

posted by  VG30DE

:) atleast i own what i like, no need for you to go and make fun of yourself putting a vehicle that isn't even yours, nor never will be yours in your sig.

posted by  HyundaGuy

hahahahha you dont know me . how do you know what a drive and my car would whip shitty korean ass

posted by  ferrariman666

How do you know what a drive?

posted by  99integra

:pop: this thread cooks my popcorn

posted by  Oomba

for all you know CHILD, i could have the worlds fastest Hyundai Excel that pushes well over 1000hp sitting in my backyard awaiting a re-spray, mags and tyres.... it could be one hell of a sick motherfukin' sleeper.

and also, for all you know, CHILD.. once again.. i don't know or care 'what a drive', but i do know that you don't drive because i've read past threads were you've admitted to being only 13 and just LIKING Ferrari's.... mummy and daddy's car's don't count as your own MATE.

EDIT: Spelt some words wrong.

posted by  HyundaGuy

wow you should be a teacher

posted by  ferrariman666

first of all i never said i was 13 im 20, i said my mom and dad paid for half of it, and this isnt a spelling bee you should probably read a little more shit if you wanna act like you know something, and im pretty sure your excel aint shit :laughing:

posted by  ferrariman666

Your mom and dad bought you a Ferrari or am I missing something?

posted by  99integra

" i said my mom and dad paid for half of it"

:screwy:

posted by  Oomba

:laughing: i'm sorry but when i hear that peoples parents bought their car for them i just have to laugh a little :mrgreen:

posted by  airmanUSN

anyways you didn't post what engine your civic had. the vtec and non vtec motors use different filters that could be why you got the wrong one. here's some part numbers for both. sorry couldn't find the honda number

Puroltor/Proline
non Vtec-A25148
vtec-A35150

Fram/Autolite
non-CA8040
vtec-CA7764

posted by  airmanUSN

nah steve, his parents didn't buy him shit, he's not even old enough to drive yet.

take a picture of your birth certificate and post it up on here and that way you'll prove your age.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Finally someone got back on topic but I think it might be a little too late... lol :laughing:

posted by  Pythias

oh well it can be a refrence for others

posted by  airmanUSN

Your Message