Stylin Inside

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Stylin Inside

1998 Dodge Neon Sport 4-door
here is my thing. i posed it here because i doubt anyone in domestcis will help me. I want to do 2 neon tubes inside. how much am i looking at
i want blue if that makes a difference, and where is a better place to innstall them for the best look
under the seats
or under the legs of the passanger and driver?
just got some birthday money and looking to do this.

posted by  6000LE

It always looks good under the dash and under the rear seats. Sometimes, depending if you can "hide" them or not, they look good around the edge of the headliner.

posted by  SlipKnoT

I've seen people take regular neon strips and just place them under their seat towards the front. Hook it up to the battery or the lighter depending how you get it. Lights up the whole front of the car like crazy! :2cents:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

You know, they also make neon pinstriping as well.

posted by  SlipKnoT

CCFL (cold cathode fluoro) tubes are good, look into them .... Satty uses them I think.
Just be aware that in many places only emergency vehicles can have blue lights.

posted by  windsonian

blue on the interior is okay, as long as the lights are not visible to other drivers...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Tints could probably help if the color is really bright, but if you're looking through the windshield I'm sure you'd be able to see it @ night. I'm not good with lighting, so I'm not much of a help.

posted by  Paranoia

sorry - meant to say the tubes themselves. the glow is fine, as long as the tubes can't be seen.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I'd suggest under the seats (if they fit) or under the dash. Or if you're planning on a system maybe lighting that up in the trunk!

posted by  thunderbird1100

Oh god :banghead: :banghead:

I'm laughing at you already!

posted by  Oomba

i'm not much of a neon fan, although, i've seen some nice things done, my old man for instance, he took the whole dash out, then cut out PS13 in the dash and had a red neon placed behind it, looked mint when he turned it on, also, my mate john put a red neon where his interior light was meant to be on his roof, mainly because the one of the roof shit itself.

umm... under the drivers seat and under the passengers side of the dash would be mint in my opinion, my mate's got it done like that to his Lanos, with a nice triple neon set up in the boot for his subs and amps.

anywhere you think is most effective is probably the best thing to do, if i was you i'd go out, buy a couple of neons, install them during the day and try them at night to see how they look, take a weekend to do both ways, under the seats and under the dash, depending on how you like it depends on the set up, that's what we did with my mate's Lanos.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Why don't you spend your money on something usefull?!?!?

-100th post-w00tw00t

posted by  jedimario

i'm sure he will later on in the future, right now it just seems to me that he wants it to be a nice driving atmosphere, no offence and no intention on flaming you or anything, but, i think he just wanted our advice on what we think would make the interior of his car look nice (with neon lighting plans).

we've kinda gotta respect that fact that he wants advice on what we think would look nice, even if we think that it's all perfomance and no need to be pretty (that's how i am), i still gave my :2cents: though.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I dont think neons look good. Theyre played out and ricey.

posted by  Oomba

How bout you keep your shitty comments to yourself :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

I'm not telling him what to do. Give the people who see him at night something to laugh at, i dont really care.

posted by  Oomba

why did i know that i would see you here? you are really annoying. do i smell a ban?

posted by  6000LE

Apparently you care enough to post more than once.

Ricey is trying to make a slow car look fast. IN what way woudl interior neon lighting accents make a car look "fast?" or even be construed as TRYING to make a car look "fast?"

You might as well laugh at someone who wants leather or A/C in their interior as neither make a car go faster. Hell, even stereo gear doesn't make your car go faster. Go to a stereo store and laugh at anyone spending money on a radio.

F*cking clueless moron.

posted by  ChrisV

what hes saying is that a car has to be a frame, sheetmetal, engine, transmission, wheels, axles, and steering column to not be a ricer
becuase technically its rice to have things called "features" :2cents:
i wonder what he is driving

posted by  6000LE

Apparently it's rice to spend stuff on your car to make it better for the passengers?! :banghead:

What is this world coming to?

posted by  fudge

here is the way i see it
exterior neon is really nice
but here are the cons
1. you dont see it
2. its expensive
3. where i live its illegal to have on when driving
so i got interior because it is the complete opposite of the 3 facts stated
and i also changed the bulb in the car that lgihts up hwen u open the door. now its blue :) makes the whole car look nice

posted by  6000LE

Oh still holding on to the original definition of ricer I see. Its changed. Their are certain things that are ricey, and certain things that arent. Neon lighting is. 6000LE, thanks for providing the people in your area with a couple giggles.

posted by  Oomba

Keepin it original :thumbs:

posted by  fudge

Apparenlty still holding onto the definition thet if you don't like it, it must be rice, I see. Still thinking that if you make up your own definition it's somehow valid enough to allow you not to have to actaully know anyhing, right.

STFU.

It has NOT changed. You think it has becaue you're a retard, and that your5 opinion of it with nothing to back it up, is actually more important than knowing anything. Which makes sense since you haven't got enough brain cells to actually THINK with.

posted by  ChrisV

Yep, i made up that definition myself. Thats why sites like ricecop and antirice have so many members that have the same idea of rice as me. :roll:

posted by  Oomba

So? Half the English speaking people in the world mix up affect with effect in writing, does that make them right?

posted by  hondaman

This forum has reached a new low. You people dont think neons arent rice? Right....

posted by  Oomba

They are not rice, they are daily drivers for people that like good gas mileage in a cheap way

posted by  99integra

You're right. Now that we've got you, Solar, and now 72firebird all posting around at the same time I'd say this is a record low point. The only way it could get worse is if C4 came back.

posted by  hondaman

Sorry dude but none of us are from antirice, I rather spend more time learning about modding cars than to diss what others do and to become obsessed with the term "rice".

posted by  fudge

every thread becomes a debate why dont you except critisms and compliments instead of trying to prove yourself right someones oppinion of ricey looking could be different than another but why would you spend money on interior neons? theres lights in the car already that actually have a purpose

posted by  ferrariman666

Well this thread has turned into one big ass flame war :banghead:Thank you so much Oomba :fu:

posted by  SlipKnoT

They have neon lights on some car amps (built in) that cost more than engagement rings and push 3000-4000rms watts... Guess those are rice.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Like the ones that Petey Pablo was sitting on in Ciara's "Goodies" video?

posted by  fudge

OMFG 99teg read the damn thread, he's talking about lighting not Dodge. You're better than that.

posted by  VG30DE

What? Oh ****, my bad :banghead:

posted by  99integra

wow. forget to wake up teggy? :orglaugh:

posted by  dodgerforlife

Damn, maybe

posted by  99integra

my hifonics amp bx1000d lights up neon blue when its turned on, that sure as frik aint rice.

posted by  Stem

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh:

Ooh boy, neons arent rice, lmao, this is new.

posted by  Oomba

Would you care to explain how neons are rice??? If neons are rice I guess LED's are more rice, right??

posted by  elchango36

Soon all the other noble gases will be rice :laughing:

posted by  fudge

in this instance, it isn't. "Rice" is shit done to a car that really has no large effect on the speed but people seem to think it does. (bodykits, spoilers, rims, decals, fart cans) An amplifier for a stereo(which actually slows down your car with the extra weight) that has a built in neon is NOT rice. Hell, my RF P300.1 has red LED's as signal meters - that is NOT rice. That's just part of the design of the amp. Besides, it's in a place where you don't see it.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I guess carnival trucks can now be considered rice!!

posted by  fudge

True...and maybe he'll even think that my radio's LCD display is rice...or the backlights on the air conditioning controls...

posted by  hondaman

O.K. Oomba is a turd as usual, but here is my thing. I had green tubes, and sold them, and now i got 15 inch blue ones (2 of them), and decided to put them under the seats because its still nice but not so bright that it kills me. How do i fasten them to the floor. I was thinking velcro. Any ideas? :banghead:

posted by  6000LE

either that or zip tie them to the seat frame.

posted by  dodgerforlife

who what? :confused:

posted by  6000LE

well, you know how velcro works right....thats simple.

zip ties, cable ties, rip cables, tie wraps - whatever you want to call them.

http://www.tiewraps.com/tiewrappage.html

posted by  dodgerforlife

that would work but i wana mount them to the floor

posted by  6000LE

then just use velcro.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message