Civic Problem?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Civic Problem?

When I try to floor my Civic, it barely goes. My friend in the passenger said I'm light footed. He said the pedal can't read my foot. What the hell does that mean?

posted by  SyntheticTrust

I don't think they know what they are talking about. :thumbs: Try getting your injectors cleaned.

posted by  hondaman

It means your friend is questionable? How can a pedal not read your foot if you floor it? You know cars have mechinisms to tell how far a pedal is depressed (hence to accelerate)-- since they were made!

posted by  Jon_K

Do you have a tachometer? What does it say? Is it a stick? What gear are you in? What elevation are you at? Is your foot really hitting the floor? What does the car sound like?

posted by  VG30DE

automatic or manual? if it's an auto and it's not goin' then maybe the box synch is fudged, if it's a manual, it could just be that you're thrashing it in the wrong gear.

also, as stated earlier, could just be your injectors.

posted by  HyundaGuy

No shit

posted by  Oomba

another worthless reply from Oomba. getting quite close to being like Solar, or Jay-G, or C4..

posted by  dodgerforlife

Does your silly little life have a purpose?

posted by  hondaman

For once, you guys might be being a little hard on oomba lol. I mean, which civic does Synthetic have? Some of them barely have 100hp...no matter how hard you floor it wont accelerate that fast...

How many people in the car? I know it seems like a dumb question, but I swear my prelude accelerates a lot harder when i'm by myself than with 3 friends in the car.

Did the civic used to go faster when floored, and now slowed down? Or have you just not floored it before and are dissapointed now with the acceleration? If it used to be faster than something happened.

posted by  Vlad

I have an LX There was 2 people in the car and 100 lbs of Horse feed in the back (if that makes a difference) I've never floored it before. I wanted to see how fast the car would go so I gave it a lot of gas as we were going up the ramp, but it didnt go as fast as I thought it would.

Well you were going up a hill. Go out on a flat road, and when the light turns green, nail the gas as far down as it will go, and see what happens. What year is your civic?

posted by  Vlad

1996..it was free car so I took it.

A free car is always a good car. Also was the A/C on while you were trying to accerlerate? In all 4 cylinders and some weaker v6's when the a/c is on your hp is dropped quite a bit. Put your windows up and jsut slam it..it should go decently quick...its stock..its not gonna fly like the civics you see around the road or on tv that are people lifes and have their life savings in em.

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Well that extra weight makes a bit of difference for such a low hp car. Have you checked to see how clean your oil and air filter is? How old are your spark plugs and plug wires?

posted by  SlipKnoT

oh god lol. The air filter thing is brown..

:laughing: Change it quickly! Get a K&N. That should fix you up :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Or if you have like $100 get an AEM ram air intake...that will sound nice and hook you up with more hp

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Your Message