Best over all

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Best over all

I would like to post a stupid thread by starting an arguement right off hand.
Whats better Muscle or Rice? :cussing:

posted by  TDash

Muscle dumb shit

posted by  Oomba

Ahh Oomba i'd hope you show up well you are also an idiot because i've driven both a 92 F body Z28 camaro and a '00 V6 GT eclipse and I much rather have the eclipse. Even though my camaro was a 25th annv. TPI i could take it in my Eclipse slight mods! :fu:

posted by  TDash

RICE!!! rice all the way!!! :mrgreen: just kidding. but seriously, i'd choose rice cause im not a big fan of muscle. personally i think they ugly. they look ugly but torquey. and for rice, at least you look good and could get girls...right?

posted by  silvia_star

i'd choose muscle but in this case rice is more affordable and they can look a whole lot better :thumbs:

posted by  mx3_monster

cars a cars a cars a car, get used to it, they're all ****ing good.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I'm newschool and I'd still say muscle!! Rice is just retarded.

posted by  jedimario

Do you mean rice as in Ricer, or just as in asian car? There's a difference.

And why do you have to choose one or the other? Why can't an automotive enthusiast appreciate cars from anywhere or anywhen?

posted by  ChrisV

There is no way we are ever going to settle this. This is just going to turn into a flame war...

posted by  StiMan

Neither muscle or rice is better than the other. It is just what people prefer, and what they prefer it for.

For example people might like the muscle car for its power and speed. People might like rice for the lifestyle, and for the hardcore tuners they might like it for the handling and the chance to built something to go fast from something that is not meant to go fast.

I prefer rice, but I do not hate muscle cars. One of my friends roll in a stock 2002 Mustang GT, and it has mad torque. It can take out any ricers in my city!

posted by  drifterv_2000

Ditto. Everyone has certain preferences to what they want, so this thread really has no purpose.

posted by  StiMan

This thread needs to be more specific.

For example, which is better:

Ford Mustang or Toyota Supra
Chevy Corvette or Acura NSX
Ford GT40 or Nissan Skyline

posted by  drifterv_2000

OK, this is a common misconception. The Ford car is called a "Ford GT", not a GT40... as the 40 was a reference to the overall roof height... and the new car is somewhere in the vicinity of a GT43.

posted by  Bino

and another thing is that if it's a skyline it's just a skyline. Skylines are everday used cars in japan but the real one you want would be the GTR cause thats the one with the power. Also some muscle cars want to be riced also. If anybody watches the mischief movies there was a guy in there at a car show who had an 02 mustang and on the back was a GTR symbol. You could also tell this guy didn't know shit because he said it had rotarys. :banghead: As for my choice I would have to choose rice over muscle even though I like some muscle.

posted by  Spanky2324

Muscle is better, Japanese Muscle. VH45DETT pushing 700+ hp. :drool:

posted by  VG30DE

Don't you mean a Domestic muslce, liek a Kasse-built Ford BOSS 429 based engine putting out 1600 hp without nitrous, turbos, or supercharger? ;)

Sorry, just messing with ya. :mrgreen: Once we start getting into custom built engines like the VH45DETT, then all bets are off, as that sort of hp level (700+) is very easily achieved in streetable domestic V8s.

posted by  ChrisV

I'm sorry for the little details! Thanks a lot DUDE!!!!!!! :cussing:

But Spanky, yeah its the GTR vspec skyline that I am talking about, but I was talking in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have that DVD of the mustang with the gtr badge, and the camera guy ask the owner if it was a special model, and if it was a rotary, the guy said yes. LMAO! That was hilarious!

posted by  drifterv_2000

Ricers!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.200sx.com.au/downloads.htm

posted by  drifterv_2000

Werd :mrgreen: . I was just trying to mix it up because when I see Muscle and Rice, someone could see a new Mustang GT vs. a new Eclipse GT, but I see a Twin Turbo Q45 smoking anything made anywhere with neons, graphics, generic bookshelf wing, and a fart cannon. Japs can have their muscle too :mrgreen: , but mad props to V8's anywhere, big or small. That 429 with 1600 hp? That is sick! How in the hell did they make a big block rev like that without falling apart?

posted by  VG30DE

Lightwight parts, and they made it BIG. From the Ford Motorsport 429 tall deck block, they punched it to almost 700 cubic inches... then ran dual dominator carbs on a tunnel ram intake. It's for the mountain motor class in NHRA...

posted by  ChrisV

That is amazing. Do you know the torque and the rpms for the outputs?

posted by  VG30DE

Not here at work. I had teh article an an older Hot Rod comparison.

But, here's a Kaase built Mopar hemi (the Ford BOSS 429 was a similar design, as it was a factory hemi, as well)

http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/view/437781/classifiedad.html

1640 hp, 1260 Ft.Lbs. of Torque.

if you think about it, it's the same as far as moving air as a 3.2 liter engine pushing 28 lbs of boost (800 cubic inches is the same as a 400 cubic inch engine with 14 lbs of boost, which is the same as a 200 cubic inch engine at 28 lbs of boost. 200 cubic inches is about 3.2 liters). So, how many turbo 3.5 liter engines do you know of at 1600 hp?

posted by  ChrisV

That is one bad ass Hemi!!!!!! :drool:

posted by  drifterv_2000

1uzfe? it's only a 4.0ltr baby V8, still a nice one though, lol, i forgot the stats and figures for it, i think it was something like 265hp with over 300Nm of torque.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I like both, but I prefer American muscle :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

As someone said, a car is a car to me. I don't give a damn where it came from, or what's under it's hood. If it's fun to drive, then damn that's good enough for me.

posted by  hondaman

Thats true also. :mrgreen:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Rice = slow car that looks fast
Muscle = fast car

If this is a Domestic vs. Japanese thread, then the creator of this thread is a ****ing moron, considering American Domestics dont share any common ground with Japanese cars.

posted by  Oomba

First off idiot they do have much in common. They have four wheels, a frame, and a method of converting fuel and air into power jacka$$. all this thread was about was to take a poll of the people that are in the asian imports section that are obviously american muscle fanatics! Plus there are many Supras breaking the 1000whp mark and soon to see the skyline break out larger. Now awnser me this is a 1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE with a Chevy Small block 305 with modification to the fender and clip placment a Domestic or an Import Ricer? :evil: :fu:

posted by  TDash

Well considering American cars go for high displacement with alot of cylinders while most japanese cars usually are lower displacement with less cylinders using different ways to make power, yeah id say theyre pretty ****ing different.

Now that I see this is just a pointless American vs. Japanese thread, im gonna go until you people realize how stupid you are for arguing over this.

posted by  Oomba

Yes, thats what Im talking about :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Because its a Ford, thats how :mrgreen:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Your Message