fmic?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  fmic?

is it bad if water gets in it? like if it was raining and water got in it? and what about snow? what if snow got into the intercooler?

posted by  silvia_star

some companys make wet shot ic's.

i believe subaru make a wet nos shot fmic.

posted by  HyundaGuy

get into the IC as in..... u have the intercooler out of the car and it got wet? or its mounted into the car already? u know, intercoolers dont suck air through the fins if thats wat ur thinking....... turbos feed them the air, which is sucked through the air filter.....

posted by  Inygknok

what i mean is if the intercooler was up front. what if water gets into the front mount intercooler? is that bad? can water get in there?

posted by  silvia_star

No, it won't hurt it.

posted by  ChrisV

"ont hurt it" thats wat chrisv said so it must be right :laughing:

posted by  Slapshot

Have you ever washed down your engine compartment and got water on the radiator? Did it hurt it? An intercooler is the same basic thing, made of similar materials.

Now, getting it packed with snow might keep air from flowing back to the radiator, which might be bad as lack of airflow can cause the car to overheat, but it can't hurt the FMIC.

posted by  ChrisV

where u talking 2 me? i dont wash intercoolers, im 13. :mrgreen:

posted by  Slapshot

but wouldnt water get into the engine? since the intercooler pipe is hooked up to the intake manifold? or is there some kind of bypass in the intercooler?

posted by  silvia_star

The piping is all sealed, the water hits the pipe and bounces off.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Your Message