My Prelude Needs Some Rice

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  My Prelude Needs Some Rice

I purchased a 1999 Honda Prelude SH a little over a week ago. After learning to drive a stick, I figure the next step is to make it look a little better. It's pearl white and 100% stock. I don't have pics, but I'm pretty sure you're familiar with it.

Anyways...these are some things that I want to do to the car in the future.
1. Rims
2. Carbon Fiber Hood
3. Exhaust
4. Intake
5. Interior

That's the order I plan to go in anyways. I have a little over a grand left, so I can do some stuff right away.

I'm not really worried about exhaust, intake, and the interior just yet, so leave that alone for now. I just want some opinions.

I have three questions.

1. I want a second color for the car (Remember it's just white on the outside, black interior), and I'm thinking carbon fiber would look pretty cool. Is that a good idea? I don't live in a rich area or an Asian area, so I'm not worried about everyone having carbon fiber.

2.If I got a carbon fiber hood, would gunmetal color rims be a good match, or should I go with something else?

3. http://www.carbon-fiber-hoods.com/enter.html?lang=en-us&target=d24.html I know absolutely nothing about these hoods. Which one do you think is a pretty good deal that would make the Lude look good?

Thanks a lot,
CP

posted by  Canadianpimp

Ricer......... :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: !!!!!!!!!!!

Make it go fast goddamit! fuk u.

posted by  Slapshot

I would suggest changing the title, otherwise Oomba will never leave you alone... :ohcrap:

posted by  hondaman

Now now...he would be a ricer if he implied it was the fastest car around with all that...so far he has not done so.

posted by  hondaman

:banghead: slap K&N air filter on it, :banghead: not rice. rice bad... *eye twitching*

posted by  Slapshot

Im sorry... :rolleyes:

posted by  Slapshot

Noone has the right to 'flame' him, he's asking an opinion, he already has his mind made up for the order in which he'll do things. Noone needs to tell him to do performance first and forget looks. People, instead of 'flaming', either help him with an answer he's looking for or dont reply :thumbs:

I think just a regular/plain carbon fibre hood would look nice (not too fancy) and since its white with black interior, gunmetal wheels would look pretty nice, i dont think i'd go any bigger then 17's.

Something like this hood: (from the link you posted)
http://www.carbon-fiber-hoods.com/contents/media/prelude97oem.jpg

posted by  car_crazy89

As long as he doesn't mess up my thread with pointless arguements I don't mind.

posted by  Canadianpimp

To be quite honest with answering your question, I think Preludes look best in stock form. Rim change maybe, but I'm not so sure about the hood. It's your car, so obviously please do whatever you would feel best to, that's just my opinion.

posted by  hondaman

He will...I'd be willing to bet money on it. :ohcrap:

posted by  hondaman

**** that. Why not make your car fast you ricer piece of shit?

posted by  Oomba

I understand. It's not that it looks bad, you know how it is, I just want something a little out of the norm.

posted by  Canadianpimp

You have no life, pal. :mrgreen:

Just ignore him.

posted by  Canadianpimp

:mrgreen: sorry for flaming, if you have to rice it, but on the carbon fiber hood, then the wheels, but thats just what i think, u can do watever u want i guess, even if it is rice... :mad2:

posted by  Slapshot

I told you...really Oomba, do you have a life?

I would agree as far as visual mods go, hoods are one of the least offensive. With the right color combination they can look pretty nice.

posted by  hondaman

Hey look, its our best bud :banghead:

posted by  99integra

If you care, then pay him to. pretty simple. If you aren't puttig up the cash, the STFU.

He probably isn't so deficient that he has to have his car make his testosterone for him. It's already fast enough to get tickets anywhere in the country, so he doesn't NEED to make it faster. If he wants to make it faster, he'll ask how, and we'll tell him. If he thinks it's fast enough to drive NOW, and wants to make it look better to him, then we should (and have) given our opinions on how to do THAT.

If youre not going to be IN the car or DRIVE the car, why do you care how much faster than the speed limit it can go?

Sorry that you have to compensate for small penis size with a big engine.

posted by  ChrisV

[/SIZE]

http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/MMAowned.jpg

posted by  99integra

So sad... :laughing:

posted by  Slapshot

Remember, there's nothing wrong with big enignes and liking them. I've built many. It's the requirement that a car needs that excess power in order to like/drive it that says you're compensating... :hi:

posted by  ChrisV

LOL, you just PWNED him again :laughing:

posted by  99integra

naw, no ownage. he'd have to be smart enough to get it to be ownage, and there's no evidence for that...

:smoke:

posted by  ChrisV

Haha damn, Chris just keeps spitting them out :laughing: . This is ogtta pretty off-topic, or atleast not so helpful.

posted by  car_crazy89

I agree. You definately don't need a spoiler or body kit, but some new rims could be good.

posted by  jedimario

why not make it go faster! :laughing: or i could shutup, and go sit in the corner of naughteness... but first i should do something even more naughty... this is what i think of rice!! :guns:! please don't hurt me! *whack* *trudging off the the corner of naughtiness, with a sore rear*

posted by  Slapshot

I'l respond to you without a flame. But first a question... What do you think of my previous responses in this thread?

So why not make it go faster? Maybe he doesn't need to to be faster (especially if he's a fairly new driver. Getting a faster car than you can handle is a Bad Idea.). So to answer your question, why make it faster than it al ready is, if it's more than fast enough to get you into trouble anywhere in the country? Why should your sense of fun be his sense of fun?

I realize you're just a kid and so any feeling of excessive speed is something to drool over, but it's really not necessary in the real world. And you can make a car look better to you to start with, then build up to speed as you learn how to handle it.

posted by  ChrisV

go with what you think looks good. who give what others think. your car is pretty much quick already.

posted by  silvia_star

:clown:

posted by  Slapshot

I would lower it, put on some nice 17-18" rims, and then a carbon fiber hood. I personally like the darker carbon fiber hoods. Some euro tailights would look nice too, as well as some OEM head lights :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

It's already pretty low, so I don't think suspension is necessary. I'm definitely gonna go with the 17"'s, I'm not sure though about which ones to get (trying to get rims from around $700-900. But thanks for the reply.

posted by  Canadianpimp

Dont worry about my dick size homo, i dont hear any complaints

posted by  Oomba

No complants from your boyfriends? well isnt that special! hey Douche get out you punk a$$ wannabe. :fu: :fu: :fu:

posted by  TDash

CF Hood
I like the invader or the EVO. Im going with the EVO my self. it adds a bit of curve to it. Then add some paintable housing tail lights and projector head lights, Angel eyes W/orW/O Halo. some nice 18s or 19s (best to not chose chrome if you like to race around expecially it would weigh down your car and lose that precious gas mileage) you dont have to go all out if you want. All of these are suggestions to help you define your ultame dream car. :2cents:

posted by  TDash

Probably because you're still a virgin....

posted by  hondaman

It's probably because you over pay them :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Ok, enough with the insults. Do it in another thread! :banghead:

posted by  Canadianpimp

Congrats on the car! U made a good choice. I got mine about a month ago, its 98 base, in silver. Anyways, go with 17s. That what I got on mine and it looks awesome. Black rims will be great, especially with the CF hood. Or you can add another color like blue or red. I got blue brake covers or whatever they're called, and a blue circle on the inside of the wheel that covers the lug nuts. Inside I went with blue flame seat covers, matching rugs, blue shifter and blue steering wheel. Looks great.

So I'd say add another color, (red is awesome), or just stay with black/white, and add that silver cobra head shifter.

posted by  Vlad

An influx of 5th gens all of a sudden

posted by  importluva

Never said *I* was concerned with your dick size. I couldn't care less whether you even have one or not. YOU'RE the only one concerned with your dick size, which is why you are compensating so much. :thumbs:

And you're probably right, your hand probably doesn't complain all that much...

posted by  ChrisV

:D i love it when Chris burns people... it's hilarious....

posted by  HyundaGuy

Sorry to say it but.. Wheres Super Jew? :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

If Oomba and one other idiot would get banned, this forum would be a much better place.

posted by  hondaman

am i the other idiot?

posted by  HyundaGuy

:laughing: No, I was thinking of CarEXPERT.

posted by  hondaman

HAHA! someone once referred to me as a more knowledgable version of CarEXPERT, i'm not but, i just say what i know and accept what i don't, lol.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Trust me, you're not at all like him, he's just an annoying little shit... :laughing: :doh:

posted by  hondaman

gee, thanks for the acceptance, lol.

only part i liked about being referred to him was the fact that his name is CarEXPERT and i was expected to be more knowledgable then him on motor vehicles?

lol, i was shocked, lol.

posted by  HyundaGuy

You seem to know what you are talking about, but he is no car expert. He's one of those little kids who thinks he knows more than he really does. :ohcrap:

posted by  hondaman

Ooh, ouch, masturbation jokes from the guy too afraid to show his head in the Probe topic because he got proven wrong and cant deal with it.

posted by  Oomba

My future plans for my prelude:

1. JDM foglights
2. Tein basic damper kit
2. BBS or OZ wheels and better tires ( :guns: RE92)
3. Original (not replica) Mugen kit w/ wing
4. VIS CF hood
5. manual tranny
6. boost

in no particular order...cept maybe teh manual conversion before the boost.

posted by  importluva

if i was you, i'd keep the lude stockie and go hard on the rx7, your choice but.

posted by  HyundaGuy

that is exactly what im doing right now, the 7 is the mod car and the 'lude the dd. Im just stating future plans once im out of college.

posted by  importluva

ahh ok, makes more sense now, lol.

is that a 13b or 13bt?

posted by  HyundaGuy

the car is a gxl with the original 13b motor. my plan is to swap a S5 Turbo II motor into the car w/ tranny and go from there. i don't think ill do anything with the appearence of the car tho...

posted by  importluva

so you intend to replace the 13b with a 13bt w/ the trans, good idea.

with the appearance, if i was you, i'd just have it lowered and then get some nice decent mags, like R-17 TE37's or GT-N's.

both great mags, look great on 7's too.

posted by  HyundaGuy

thats because you dont get any!!!!!!! FAG :fu:

posted by  glagon1979

He isn't anywhere close to being knowledgable. He didn't even know what a cold air intake is and how that combined with a puddle could distroy your engine. :screwy:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Woo woo, hydrolock

My friend has a CAI, he shuts his engine off when he goes through puddles

posted by  Oomba

hmm....i dont think rims + CF hood + intake + exhaust would make a car look rice.

posted by  nissanTFsx

Why doesn't he jsut invest in a bypass valve?

Because he was sarcasticly pointing out that a CAI combined with a puddle doesn't destroy the engine.

posted by  fudge

This thread reinforces my need to never own a FWD Honda.

Slipknot, why wouldn't he already have OEM headlights?

http://www.carbon-fiber-hoods.com/contents/media/prelude97oem.jpg
Is that an R32? Or an EVO? Nope just a Prelude. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery for more serious cars I guess.

So you have an SH model and you want a CF hood? I don't car what anyone says. CF hoods are a performance mod. Unless you are buying a fake CF cover for your hood, CF is first and foremost a performance mod. You don't ever see them in production do you? Because they break easier and most people would wonder why only the hood was black and dislike it. Some people want to lose a few pounds, you want to look fast. The thread says it all. Rice. period. Stop arguing about it, he openly admits it.

posted by  VG30DE

Your basing this thread on why you'd never want to own a FWD Honda? I'm sorry but I've heard better logic from Al Sharpton than you on this matter.

posted by  thunderbird1100

CF can be painted. Which is what I would do if I ever got one. CF hoods look ricey.

posted by  Oomba

yeah but honestly... ur gonna pay more money just to paint the hood when it doesnt need to be painted. Seems like a waste to me. :screwy:

posted by  A-cord

Besides the fact that it looks like shit unpainted, no its not. Its no more of a waste then getting a primered hood you've been driving around with for a year painted.

posted by  Oomba

The OEM hood is prety fukin heavy, i would think the cf hood gives decent weight/strength savings...

posted by  importluva

reinforces is the operative word here. lol.

posted by  VG30DE

I think I saw somewhere that the CF hood only saves like 15 lbs...not that much weight saving. I like how they look, but I'd probably only get one if I had to replace my hood for some reason anyways.

posted by  Vlad

I guess it just seems like a waste to me because i dont mind the look of carbon fibre. I deffinately dont prefer it over a painted hood but thats just my opinion. Neways im not gonna fight with u Oomba, ive been here a few days and i already know how anti-rice u are.

posted by  A-cord

My hood has a dent in it so eventually i plan to replace it but it will prob after i paint my car concorde blue so the carbon fiber look will go pretty well with the blue

Because rice is for idiots.

posted by  Oomba

And being an idiot is a subject I'm sure you have much firsthand information on.

posted by  hondaman

No. Ask captain drift though, he knows all about it.

posted by  Oomba

Who are you referring to?

posted by  fudge

That is ignorant as hell, that is a pretty good weight decrease for just one thing, just like a flywheel can be lightend to like 8 pounds? I think. You might not notice it but it still is weight saving

posted by  99integra

Mr. 8 seconds, If you think people buy lightened flywheels to save weight you are sorely mistaken.

posted by  VG30DE

No, they buy them to have the rpms rise faster but yes, some do for weight

posted by  99integra

listen here you canadian... dont be a ricer fag foock that car looks good shiit make it go fast first

posted by  CaDiLaCmAn

well, I'm sure you'll go a long way ... why are you even looking in asian imports? :screwy:

posted by  windsonian

lissen cuz i have a eclipse of my own ps i am three people im gto man and cadilacman and 95 eclipse gsx

posted by  gto man

then why would you bag him for wanting to make his car look good - what's that in your sig?

posted by  windsonian

that car in his sig is one sick whip.......not really

posted by  black_plague

wel man whats that in yo sig cuz

posted by  95 EcLiPsE gSx

if you are asking me... its my del sol

posted by  black_plague

its so dark cant tell what tpy e of car it is

yeah i took it the dark on purpose ....goes along with the name

posted by  black_plague

k well my sig is a 95 eclipse

Yeah, my issue is that you bag someone for wanting to make a car look good, while having sig pics of cars that someone has obviously spent time and cash on to make them look good.

posted by  windsonian

WTF....

posted by  SlipKnoT

If you are all three of them you should get banned, and you remind me of someone I can't place the name, that used the account Halomaster because the stupid shit forgot his password :wink2:

EDIT: It was google.com

posted by  99integra

u forgot idiotman and skytzophrenicwannabman

posted by  jedimario

Why would you ever need 3 accounts for a forum? :screwy:

who's captain drift?

i probably know more about drifting then anyone else here, i do it for fun and as a sport.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Your Message