Horse Power

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Horse Power

How much horse power does a stock 96 civic LX have and a stock 05 civic LX have?

posted by  SyntheticTrust

106 HP for the 1996 Civic LX, 115 for the 2005 Civic LX.

posted by  hondaman

u could google it...

posted by  Slapshot

or listen 2 hondaman...

posted by  Slapshot

Or, she could ask and get an answer from someone who knows without having to do any searching. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

watever... :evil:

posted by  Slapshot

Will a KNE air filter add more hp to the 96?

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Yeah like 2 hp

posted by  99integra

More like 5-10 :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Yes it will, as I have stated. 5-10hp gain! :mrgreen:

Why do you want more horsepower? Just curious...

posted by  SlipKnoT

No it is like 2hp...get an intake...AEM makes an awesome one for like under a hundred bucks and you will get 10-20 more hp :thumbs:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Gonnadie is right. While repalcing the filter with an aftermarket one WILL increase your horsepower, it won't be the increase you might be looking for. However replacing the whole air intake system can produce bigger numbers of horsepower. Although I'm not sure if this is one of those "you pay what you get for" type of things.?.

posted by  elchango36

i also heard if you get an intake make sure that is a short ram otherwise you could get hydrolock or w/e it's called and also get a heatshield for it too

posted by  mx3_monster

cheap easy ways for better runnning, better gas mileage engines - spark plugs, wires, filters. sure made a noticable difference in any vehicle that we did those simple upgrades too..

posted by  dodgerforlife

Not true...you get hydro lock when you have a cold air that doesn't have a bypass valve. The bypass valve prevents water from being sucked into your engine and therefore distroying it. But a cold air intake with a bypass valve will run you about $400 i believe while a short ram will only cost about $100. A cold air gives you more hp b/c cold air is better for combustion than hot air. So for some models that have a ram air the hp gain is minimal b/c its positioned in a bad place.

I dont get it man. WHat you mean hydrothingy?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Oh a cold air intake has the filter near the bottom of the car b/c as you move cold air (colder than your engine air atleast). So when you go through a puddle it can easily suck up water. With out a bypass valve that water will go directly into your engine and say goodbye engine. You will either need a new engine or have to rebuild it. Get it now?

Yes I get what your saying.. but a little water doesnt hurt the engine. My friends integra head gasket was blown and we say white smoke coming out of the exhaust and we found out we were just burning coolant.
So are you saying burning a little water would fuk up the engine???
Dont mean to be rude but :screwy:

posted by  CarEXPERT

No for the amount that it would prob pick up it would f*ck it up. It def would not be a small amount. If you even put your hand next to an intakes filter you can feel it sucking even when the car is idling. So imagine hittin the gas and making it suck in more air or water if your in or going through a puddle...in no time that thing can suck up a gallon of water

And the engine would keep burning it... I would think water would be very hard to get pass the filter cause the filter filters small little dirts, and water atracts so they stick together and I think your just a lying boy.

posted by  CarEXPERT

I think you are just a little dumbshit, eh? :wink2:

posted by  99integra

You are so retarted :banghead: Water molecules are smaller than dirt particles that a filter stops.

Ok you win.. But my friend doesnt have the valve thingy and nothing happen when he drive in the rain. What does the valve do anyway?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Your friend then if he drives through a deep enough puddle will distroy his engine

^ Could you please reduce the size of your sig.

posted by  importluva

it's a valve that stops water from entering your air intake system, e.g; throttle body.

in other words, it helps keep water out of your combustion chamber.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Or you could go over the top and setup one of these badass induction setups :hi:
http://www.todaracing.com/images/product_b16a_injection.jpg

posted by  fudge

that's from a 20valve 4A-GE engine, black top one too, EFI/Quad T/B, very good for exceeding revs like 10k and up.

my friend had one put onto his stroked E15ET with a rebuilt combustion chamber, it was probably a 30hp increase

posted by  HyundaGuy

Tryed for like 2 hours..photobucket.com is f*cking retarted...i make the size small but it resizes the picture big. W/e i took it out

You could also use Suzuki GSX-R 1000 throttle bodies as well although it will need some mods to adapt it to a B series engine. But the sound of 4 throttle bodies is very sweet.

posted by  fudge

But thoes throttle bodies dont filter air right? What is the benifit of them anyways?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Well as you can see by the three ports, they take in gobs and gobs of air. They actually are filtered if Im not mistaken...

posted by  SlipKnoT

Thanks. The best thing to do is to resize on your computer, go to imageshack.us and host it.

posted by  importluva

It supplies more air into the engine and improves throttle response. Yes they don't filter air as you need to fit one over the trumpets and it suprises me how many cars i've seen with this setup without an air filter covering it.

These kind of induction setup are used on most NA racing engines such as Formula Atlantic and Formula 1. Also some production cars use them like the BMW M3 and M5 and also motorbikes.

posted by  fudge

I resized it through photoshop cs but photobucket.com kept blowing it back up :cussing:

Your Message