Headers

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Headers

Im looking at getting new headers for my 96 accord lx. i was looking at the dc sports ones and was wondering if anyone has used or heard/seen them on a car. Plus with them, how much hp am i looking to gain? Does my car also have to go on a lift to put them on?

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

For headers, DC Sports is a good choice. Youre looking at a 10-20hp gain. It wont have to go on a lift, just jacks.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Hard to install? Or like a 2 hour job?

Not very hard to install. Shouldnt take you more than 2 hours. Its just bolt on equipment.

posted by  SlipKnoT

ok good. like i know a decent amount about cars and parts. But i don't know how to install or work on very much. :oops:

Well then youve taken on the right project. Its pretty simple really. :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Awesome...now all i have to do is wait for my next paycheck next friday :cussing:

How much are those dc sports headers?

posted by  Vlad

I would guess probably just a little over $300 or possibly a little below that.

posted by  SlipKnoT

$284.95 on cardomain.com

http://www.cardomain.com/item/DCSHHC5012?vq_id=none

Thanks for the link. Is it just me, or do they not have those headers for a 5th gen lude?

posted by  Vlad

I have DC headers on my B16A Civic. Let me tell you, excellent choice. Not only is the extra power amazing to feel, hearing it is a whole different story. Soundz pretty sweet. :thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

Cool. Do you know what sorta numbers you got from it, or do you just feel a difference?

I actually did find some for my prelude:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/DCSHHC5015

Now I need to come up with another 300 bucks :banghead:

I should however get an AEM intake this week if all goes well. Exhaust and headers are next.

posted by  Vlad

Yeah im getting my headers soon and my new muffler on friday hopefully. Sucks getting paid every two weeks. I think im gonna wait till sept when my friend goes back to school. He goes to vocational school for autotech so i will be able to take my car in there and he will put it on a lift and put em on for free :thumbs:

No, I dont have numbers, but I have felt a big difference. Gonnadie, your lucky you have access to a lift. Things are a little bit more complicated when you have to work on a lowered Civic with no lift, rams, or towers, just two jacks.

posted by  elchango36

Lol, I get paid every two weeks too...and its 250-300 during school...minus 100 for payments, minus some for gas, and I don't got much left for parts. Anyways, I got access to all the tools and lifts and people who know what they're doing cuz I got a auto services class and every friday is free day, so I get free instalation too :thumbs: .

posted by  Vlad

slipknot over rates hp gains...you'll probably see more along the lines of between 5 and 10....now if its header back exhaust i would believe 10 to 20...but not just a header

posted by  black_plague

How much would you say the gain would be with intake, headers, and exhaust? Around 20-30hp?

posted by  Vlad

Depends on what kind of intake(cold air/short ram) and what kind of exhaust (Catback/fart cannon). I think 30 hp is really pushing it.

posted by  elchango36

I love how you completely skip everything inbetween catback and fart cans lol.

I meant Cold Air, and cat back.

posted by  Vlad

Hmm....id say 25-30 maybe...it really depends on the car and how good of shape its in. If your gonna get a cold air intake make sure you get a bypass valve. Kid i knew killed his engine thinking that it was a waste of $.

Your Message