Vtec

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Vtec

Anyone else offended by Oomba's sig? I'm talking about "Virtually Torque Less Economy Car." Oomba, why don't you shut your dirty mouth up? You don't have the right to talk, you don't even have a car, "I'm saving up to buy a Trans AM." You said you only buy fast cars, why don't you ditch your dreams of the crappy pontiac and get a real fast car like a ferrari or porsche? That's right, im saying the Trans Am is a slow rusty piece of crap. Sound familiar to you? That's my opinion, likes yours saying VTEC sucks. And if you don't like imports or VTEC (which 90% of the newer asian imports have in one form or another) why don't you get the hell out of the "Asian Imports" section. Is it because everyone in the Domestics section already hates you? Is it because the other respectable Domestic fans on this forum don't share your linear attitude, so that you have to come here and flame every car? So, why don't you shut up.

Anyways, to make this thread actually have something to do with cars instead of just telling off oomba. I wanted to know, what is the difference between i-Vtec and just normal VTEC.

posted by  aerith

HAHA...yes. I am not only offended by that but also by his mere presence here. I don't know if he has always been this way but every day I get more and more tired of his silly little rants and childish attempts to insult something he can't even begin to understand. I don't know what his damn problem is but if he isn't intelligent enough to even try to understand anything, then he should at least have the common sense to know to stay away from something he doesn't like, even if that is based on ignorance.

His latest actions are those of a child. Immature, ignorant, and generally stupid are words that come to mind when I think of Oomba. I think it's time he either shuts up or goes away.

To answer your question the i-VTEC (i stands for intellegent) combines the advancing and retarding of the cam duration (how long the valves stay open) as in the VTEC system, with 2 different cam profiles (for different RPM levels). This results in a wider power band with fewer emissions.

posted by  hondaman

LMAO!!! Thats a coll little signature there. Ill join the Oomba is an idiot club. :thumbs:

However the VTEC thing is somewhat true.... :ohcrap:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Oh, and sign me up for the Oomba is an idiot club. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

sign me up :wink2:

posted by  99integra

[QUOTE=hondaman

To answer your question the i-VTEC (i stands for intellegent) combines the advancing and retarding of the cam duration (how long the valves stay open) as in the VTEC system, with 2 different cam profiles (for different RPM levels). This results in a wider power band with fewer emissions.[/QUOTE]

Whre did you get this shit frum??

posted by  CarEXPERT

When did you get dropped on your head? :screwy:

posted by  99integra

From my brain dipshit...you might want to look into installing one sometime.

posted by  hondaman

Atta boy.. stick up for that boyfriend of yours.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Shit...here comes a flame war. :rolleyes:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Is their something wrong with you? Or does flaming idiocy just run naturally in your family?

posted by  hondaman

Do you really want me to get pissed?

posted by  99integra

And I wasnt even talking shit... :oops:

posted by  CarEXPERT

Sounds like I've struck a nerve

Sign me up!

posted by  Oomba

What in the hell is the matter with you f*cktard?

posted by  hondaman

You weren't were you?

You forget that I carry a grudge, a shit list per say, and I think you may be put on it, stop trying to hide that fact that you are a queer :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Read again integra.. you said I broke my head or something then I hit you back with that..
I would cuss your ass out until you cry integra but I've grown..

posted by  CarEXPERT

Nice, even a thread about me has turned into a flame war :orglaugh:

posted by  Oomba

Well I am scared shitless you duck ****, how bout you crawl back into your carpet munching little hole and stay there till you grow up more you little weiner:thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Bullshit. You started out by flaming, and I don't really care how much you think you've "grown" or how much of a self proclaimed car expert you think you are, you don't know shit. Had you really been as grown as you seem to think you are you wouldn't have started this out assface.

posted by  hondaman

Whrees hondaman?? He still didnt tell me where he got that info from.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Calm down guys. Lets stay on topic. Our common enemy is Oomba, not each other. LOL

And forget about Carexpert. He barely comes to this forum, and when he does, he just starts spewing bullshit. Ignore him, hes just a little kid.

posted by  aerith

Aww, looks like someone is trying to run away from the fact that they are worthless :wink2:

That is all factual information

posted by  99integra

I don't know why you're so concerned about "whree" I am...

And had you actually had the attention span greater than that of a spork, you would have noticed that I said I knew it. Actually listening to people sometimes can be quite useful, but then I suppose that is a novel concept to you isn't it?

posted by  hondaman

No.. I just rather talk about cars. So hondaman? you still here?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Well after this little chat no wonder you are striving to go to another subject :wink2:

posted by  99integra

I agree. CarExpert, go f*ck yourself. I don't give a damn about you or your shit, and I will not waste my time by responding to your useless rants.

posted by  hondaman

Now that everyone has let their anger out on CarEXPERT, can we get back on topic? :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

I cant understand you.. All I asked was how did you know about the i-vtec.

posted by  CarEXPERT

This is my last post to you, so enjoy it...

No, no you didn't...you said "where did you get that shit from?" or something stupid along those lines. As if you really care or listen to what anyone says...but that's exactly how I found out. I LISTENED to others who knew what they were talking about, such as the Honda mechanics who do work on my car. And if you would do the same and stop believing that you are the CarExpert you proclaim yourself to be, you might not come of as a pain in the ass, annoying, spoiled little child in everything you post. NO ONE knows everything, and you would do good to remember that.

Don't bother asking me anything else, because I have a life and prefer not to waste it arguing with little children like you.

posted by  hondaman

[QUOTE=hondaman]This is my last post to you, so enjoy it...

No, no you didn't...you said "where did you get that shit from?" or something stupid along those lines. As if you really care or listen to what anyone says...but that's exactly how I found out. I LISTENED to others who knew what they were talking about, such as the Honda mechanics who do work on my car. And if you would do the same and stop believing that you are the CarExpert you proclaim yourself to be, you might not come of as a pain in the ass, annoying, spoiled little child in everything you post. NO ONE knows everything, and you would do good to remember that.

Don't bother asking me anything else, because I have a life and prefer not to waste it arguing with little children like

Nobodys arguing. And I said that because you were wrong.

posted by  CarEXPERT

I'm glad you're so happy about being a pain in the ass, cause no one else is. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

See I dont get you man.. I try to be nice and just ask a simple question. Alrite I'll tell you why you were wrong. You said that it advance and retard duration. But its not duration. It has a thing on the intake cam that makes the valves open earlier or later. Not to do with how log it says open.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Now that was how you should have done it to begin with. Yes, I admit I was wrong there. Instead of being an ass and saying "where'd you get that shit from" you could have said that. I am not above being wrong. And neither are you. So don't give me that shit about "Trying to be nice" because you weren't, you were trying to be exactly what you came off as which is a pain in the goddamn ass.

posted by  hondaman

Kinda different price ranges there dont you think?

And Hondas are virtually torqueless, and they are economy cars, so wheres the wrong?

posted by  Oomba

Oomba's just jealous he doesnt have this 130 hp under his hood...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/Engine.jpg

posted by  SyntheticTrust

More like 200 from an i-VTEC. :mrgreen:

posted by  SlipKnoT

God the Blazer had 190.

Try again

posted by  Oomba

And a Blazer makes a whopping 250tq from a huge 4.3L N/A V6.

And a VTEC 3.5L N/A V6 from Honda makes 260tq.

Fancy that....more torque from nearly a liter less displacement from a 'torqueless VTEC'. What a moron...

posted by  thunderbird1100

OMG 190!!

STFU. My dad's Accord makes more than that. Not to mention the Odyssey...

posted by  hondaman

Oo a minivan, he must get all the bitches, eh?

posted by  Oomba

No it's my mom's. My mom's minivan makes more horsepower than your Blazer. Doesn't that make you feel proud?

posted by  hondaman

Oh, and one more thing. Don't you ever, EVER insult my father again or I will make your life on here even more miserable than it already is, got it?

posted by  hondaman

hahaha, just gotta say as an impartial observer, I like the way oomba aint really trying too hard but is getting some of you guys backs up in a big way.

Also this "carexpert" showing his vast knowledge of "this thing on the cam" :clap: That inspires me to know more about "things". My old man always told me "if you can't explain it, you don't really know it."

anyway, I'm not really dissing you carexpert, just taking things alittle less serious than you lot today, must be the pain killers from this flu. :thumbs:

posted by  relicensed

Your father is a dickless shit eating fatass.

Hurt me.

posted by  Oomba

You're gona die. :orglaugh: :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

okay,,,,,, well oomba wasn't trying before anyway.

I think this though is gonna start a little flame war at any rate, dunno about actual physical pain though? or are we talking hurt feelings??? :screwy:

Look out Oomba! there gonna kick your arse, (or maybe just call you bad things!) :banghead:

Come on guys, rise above it or your just getting played.

posted by  relicensed

i'll join up on that club.... sounds entertaining.

oh and by the way, my mum's 1993 mazda 626 makes more then 200hp and that's a 2.0ltr I4.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Since this thread is going no where I thought I'd whore a bit so I googled Vtec and this came up:

http://hondacar.free.fr/images/Geneve%202002/12_i-Vtec.jpg

And this:

http://www.cmgonline.com/articles/CMG02/bikes/Honda/VFR800/technical/BigP/V TEC_Closed.jpg

http://www.cmgonline.com/articles/CMG02/bikes/Honda/VFR800/technical/BigP/V TEC_Open.jpg

posted by  GreekWarrior

The fact that these "economy" cars can beat a lot of so called "sporty" cars as well as being "torqueless" :smoke:

Well it needs way more than that to beat a Civic Si or Integra as it weighs well over half a tonne more. Even a ricer could beat that!! Not to mention it'll be out-cornered as well.

posted by  fudge

For one Oomba the 4.3 liter has like 230 somethin hp and 230-240 lb ft of torque so where the hell did you get 190.

Secondly the Blazer tops out at 110 where as a Civic does at 120 :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Let me explain why you shouldn't insult, as if you give a damn about anyone but yourself.

My father had a stroke earlier this year. Up until that time, I had a normal, healthy dad with no indication of anything wrong. I got a call in the middle of school telling me that he was in the emergency room. I went there to find that he couldn't even speak my name anymore. Since then, he has recovered a great deal but is still a far cry from where he was before the stroke. So if you have any goddamn respect in your silly, pointless little life, you will stay away from things that you have no business sticking your stupid, arrogant, ass f*cking little nose into, ok?

posted by  hondaman

No, actually he's right, it only has 190. Too bad he's such a dumb cock sucking ass munch that doesn't even have a car.

posted by  hondaman

(accidental post)

posted by  hondaman

Hey fag i drive a 83 trans am and a 79 corvette i have a 2001 harley sportster and you say that my trans am is a peice of crap? wat the hell you drive a 17 secound civic?

posted by  83transam

WTF man, he said to try and get to Oomba, the same way Oomba says shit about Civics/Integras/Accords just to piss off the people who own one. It'd probably be better to calm down and stay out of it, i doubt he really meant it :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

That Civic youre talking about could probably stay right next to your old smogged up Trans Am :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

The 4.3 Vortec never had more than 190hp.

Nice way of dodging my post.

Hurts to know a 3.5L V6 from Honda has more torque than your 4.3 Vortec, yet it's called a "torqueless VTEC"... More like a torqueless VORTEC.

I think you quoted the wrong post.

posted by  hondaman

D'oH!

my mate's EG-6 does low 11's... that's a fast civic...?

also, i've seen record's of Hyundai Excel's breaking into the 9 category, i think that's something to be proud of with such a shit car? don't you?, thought so...

also, you 83 trans am is probably heavier then my dad's ford falcon, and that weighs good on 2 ton, so i'm pretty sure that corner wise, a civic would PWN you hard, especially my mate's EG-6.

posted by  HyundaGuy

3rd gen T/As weigh around 3700 lbs. Thats what you get for a metal body, but a fiberglass/CF hood will bring that down about 90 or so lbs.

posted by  Oomba

oooooh a whole 90lbs. still taking it against a civic there is a huge weight difference....

posted by  dodgerforlife

Hmm, wasnt even saying anything about the Civic. Just stating facts about the T/A. Sounds like you need to calm the **** down.

posted by  Oomba

i need to calm down? i wasnt the one swearing.

and if you hadnt noticed, which is more then likely, half the discussion has been the weight of your vehicles against that of the imports.

posted by  dodgerforlife

some imports weigh a hell of a lot too you know, the Skyline, Supra, Soarer, 3000GT, Crown, Laurel, Gloria, Cima, Ciffero... they're just a few heavy weight japanese cars.

civic's are just great base cars to have for racing for beginners... they're cheap and reliable, also parts are cheap, thus making them a highly wanted/liked racing vehicle.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I was just trying to get to Oomba, i don't actually mean it. The trans am is a good car, good performance for its price. And for your information i don't own a civic, i don't really care about the quater mile time, because i rarely go over 100 mph, and when i do, my car has plenty of torque and horsepower to satisfy me. I don't need big numbers under the hood to impress people, i let my nice interior do the job for me. :hi:

posted by  aerith

Ricer

posted by  Oomba

Ricer? I didnt modify anything in the car. Its bone freaking stock. The car just looks nice because its a luxury car. I was just trying to say that i rather pay money for comfort and style then performance. Of course, not too big of a comprimise, i meant like instead of buying something extremely sporty like a Corvette, i would buy something that is comfortable, treats the driver like a king, something like a BMW 545i.

posted by  aerith

why's the name of this thread vtec?(which, as a proud honda owner i can say, is over-rated.) Vtec is a really cool design and all but too many teens buy a bone stock civic with vtec and think they can blow the doors off anything. it just furthers the stereotypes about import. Anyways thought i'd change to subject randomly :mrgreen:

posted by  airmanUSN

:clap:

personally i'm a fan of the Hemi engine :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

The original thread was mainly about Oomba, but also, i asked the difference between i-vtec and normal vtec.
Yeah, the hemi is a great engine, not so great on gas efficency though, although Diamler Chrysler made the modern Hemi much more efficient then the Hemi of yore.

posted by  aerith

isn't next years hemi supposed to have that cylinder cut out thing to save gas

posted by  airmanUSN

btw here's a vid of how i-vtec works. very informative
http://world.honda.com/HDTV/news/2003-4031127a/

posted by  airmanUSN

Yea, supposed to run on 4 cyclinders unless you need the power of 8.

posted by  Vlad

Yeah, that should work. But that technology is currently already in use. Honda calls it Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) in the Oddysey. The V6 works on 3 cyclinders when the power isnt needed, but the improvement is only marginal. And i doubt Diamler Chrysler can do a better job then Honda in the efficency department.

posted by  aerith

already has it - MDS.

shuts off 4 cylinders when cruising.

posted by  dodgerforlife

yeah, i think the chrysler 300c has that cylinder cut off technology. I was suprised to hear the overall fuel stats though, (although I can't remeber what they were). They weren't all that impressive and just made me think how bad they must have been if they hadn't employed the cylinder cut off!

Still want one though. That would be THE promo car for my bussines if I could afford one.

posted by  relicensed

Idiot

posted by  GreekWarrior

sigbn me up for this oombas a moron club

posted by  Stem

Lol now Oombas sig is ripping on every drifter. Why not add "if you can't corner then drag" to it as well? :doh:

posted by  fudge

closed minded ass clown :fu:

posted by  glagon1979

hondas have hemi engines...they have hemioctagonal combustion chambers :mrgreen:

posted by  black_plague

Be careful what you wish for

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Don't worry, theres Karma. One day he will find his beloved Trans Am resting of blocks with the wheels missing. Or he his engine takes in water and dies. I'm not cursing you, just be careful what you say.

PS; Hondaman, i'm sorry to hear about your father. I know how it feels, my grandmother had a stroke too, but shes fine now, so your father get out of this fine. I hope he gets well soon.

posted by  aerith

Thanks. He is doing much better, he is able to walk unassisted (though still a bit wobbly) now. He is also regaining much of his speech. Thank you. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

Oh yeaaaaah :hi:
I have been planing on going to Ohio to visit some family, see you there bitch :wink2:

posted by  99integra

hey its cool man sry for gettin all worked up...i just dont like it when people talk crap about other peoples cars.

Anyways id way rather have a car like yers that has pimp interoir and the engines stock, like a mercades or summin

posted by  83transam

:banghead:

posted by  Oomba

lol, Oomba can be funny as f***, but you Honda guys are too busy defending the honor of your beloved Vtec and 4 cyl. Accord Sedans. He has a point though. Most of the cars that advertise their Vtec status have crappy lowend power, and I think that is really what he is trying to say, even if the cars do have high hp/liter or high hp in general (which is fairly uncommon). He also loves to point out rice, as do I. But he can be pretty extreme and cause Honda riots. Good thing Hondas are fairly lightweight. lbs./hp is key :thumbs: . Don't flame me for occasionally siding with Oomba.

posted by  VG30DE

I just realised I'm a Honda boy now :mrgreen: , so **** you Oomba. :laughing: j/k :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Everyone loves a good honda :laughing:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Oomba, you are officially a FukNut.

DRIFTING, takes a lot more speed then what you think, so if you say "If you can't go fast, go sideways- Every Drifter" Then you're the stupidest fuk around.

i drift and i KNOW for a fact that drifting takes a lot more skill and speed then line driving.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Thank you, I was waiting for someone to say that. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Yeah he does have a point, but not a very good one. I know that if I went onto every Mitsubishi, Nissan or Ford thread on this forum and made random insults about them there will be a bunch of angry people doing the same thing.

Quite a few NA racing engines(of similar displacement) aren't very drivable below 3000rpm, a VTEC(like the B16, K20 and F20) is drivable at low engine speeds and yet it is able to make power at over 8000rpm like a racing engine.

Anyways if I wanted to drive fast I won't be driving at 2000rpm. But if you want a torquey engine then a VTEC is not for you(unless you supercharge it).

That's why they are popular with racers and enthusiasts around the world.

posted by  fudge

Its also that much funnier. Though i suck at it. I jsut have fun from time to time in the mall parking lot after a good rain.

Thank you. This is something I've been trying to get across to people like Oombah and VG for years.

Before VTEC, if you wanted a powerful engine you either made it rev way up and lose ALL bottom end, or you made it large displacement (which isn't practical in smaller cars or sports cars, especially ones that ran in racing classes where displacemetn was limited). And even in larger engines, the same effect occured depending on cam choice.

If you only had one cam lobe shape to use, you either chose one with driveability, one that made poower, or a compromise. If you were building anything from a BMW 2002 or MGB or even a small block Chevy, you chose what youyr ultimate goal was and picked a cam lobe shape for that. if you wanted to make power, you made teh car rev. But that meand reducing low end power below even stock levels. Even in a V8 car, the "3/4" or "full race" cams avaialble made lots of power, but made the engine lope at low rpms and have little useable power below 3000 rpm. Fine for a race car that never SAW low rpms, but sucked in a dual purpose street/strip car.

VTEC allowed a car to have a cam that provided stock driveability around town at rpms beloe that a race cam would allow, and just before that stock cam would run out of breath, it would switch to a higher performance cam, allowing you the benefit of HAVING a high performance cam, and the added power it provides, without losing any stock bottom end in the process.

While VTEC (and their ilk) engines dont' make as much low end as larger engines might, they dont' make any WORSE low end than pre-VTEC stockers would, but they add the high rpm power than a racing cam would have given. I woudl have loved that ability in the V8s I ued to build back in the day. I'ts like driving around town on the stock cam, or an RV grind, and then having someone swap out a Comp Cams 282H at the point teh stock cam stopped making power, automatically, seamlessly, and without any negative side effects. It would be like building a BMW 2002 with a Shrick race cam that could ALSO be driven around town like a stocker when not getting on it.

Saying that the cars are slower in a drag race because they have no bottom end is a mistaken notion as you never USE bottom end in a drag race. Even with a V8 car (why do you think so many V8 drag racers use high stall converters in their race automatics? To keep the rpms up)

posted by  ChrisV

Oomba and quite a few people don't realise how fast you need to be going to initiate the sideways movement and hold it throughout a whole corner to come out straight.

that's what drifting is, going into a corner sideways and coming out straight, using weight transition is the easiest way to obtain it, but the hardest way to hold it, so i suggest you starting using your E-Brake (that's non weight transfer drifting) and quick counter steering to drift.

Oh, and for those of you who can't be stuffed changing your drums to discs, then i suggest you learn how to clutch kick...

Clutch Kick- As you come into the corner, steer sharply and drop the clutch while in the correct gear and still in your torque band, this will cause the clutch to kick and cause your diff to lock, then from there just counter steer the correct amount and hold the accelerator down, lightly, not hard.

that technique is also referred to as the Shift-Lock.

EDIT: Changed a swear word or two into nice little happy words, forgot we've got a 13 year old in here now.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I use my e-brake..and its just fun. I hit my ebrake and go sideways and then straighten out. Havn't done it inawhile though since i came close to hitting a pole :oops:

explain the me the full sequence you do when pulling the E-Brake to drift, i want to know how you do it, some people do it differently, i do it weird compared to Keiichi Tsuchiya.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I pull my ebrake and hit my normal brakes alittle...my tail end goes out..slide alittle sideways then turn and hit my accelerator some to straighten out

you don't clutch? then how the hell do u keep it from stalling?

and if you're using your e-brake to stop traction on the rear wheels and weight transfer with your foot brake, how the **** do you control that? not even Keiichi Tsuchiya can hold that and he's the creator of drift?

**** man, you're a lot better then me if you can do it the way you've just said.

posted by  HyundaGuy

My car is an auto and i never said i can control it well...most of the i am out of control...thats how i almsot hit that pole...lol...i said i sucked lol

if i was you, i'd be looking into gettin' a new torque converter and a new diff, cause that's what ****s itself when you drift automatics.

what type of car do you have?, that accord of yours?

posted by  HyundaGuy

Im not trying to make a drift car. and yes its an accord. i just had fun for a few nights before. i prob won't even do it again in my accord. so scary when you almost hit something lol. :doh:

so, you never drifted it, you just hand braked it and over steered, dropped the brakes and hit the gas to counter steer with understeer, i used to do that in my excel quite a bit, it was entertaining until my brother gave me a high powered RWD Drift car.

drifting isn't just pulling a hand-brake, it's hard to explain.. grr.. um.. hmm...

ok.. well.. easiest way to explain it is, you don't drive with over-steer, drifting is a dangerous, fun, fast and expensive sport.

to drift, you need to lose rear traction and keep front traction to help you steer the way, but you can't pump the gas so hard that you just smoke it up or you wont have enough rear traction to push the car in the direction that you want.

summing it up;
front traction 92%
rear traction 8%

^^ those should be teh figures that you use when drifting, to obtain higher speeds, you obviously use more rear traction and eventually equal it out to 50/50.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I wouldn't say it's drifting but...when ever I've had a fwd I've always been able to get the arse out with the old "lift off oversteer".

I found that out when I overcooked it going into a corner in london with the metel concreate bollards on the corners (put there wisely to protect pedestrians), panic set in and all I done was keep it steering right and lift off the gas then round she went before I had time to even touch the brakes, tucked nicely into the corner and off we went!
Gave the poor guy waiting to cross at the junction a heart attack I'm sure, one second I'm gunning towards him tyres sceaming, the next round she goes and passes him engine valve bouncing all the way. I later killed that car when I found the abs was faulty in the worst way :doh: wrote off my rover 220 gti, had to pay the guy I back ended to replace teh plastic bumper sleve on his volve 240. his car was virtually unmarked while mine was half it's original size.

As for drifting, damn it's hard to learn. I've tried here and there and keep coming too close to writing off cars. I have learnt the main lesson though, as you said hyunda, don't nail the gas or you lose too much traction. most times going right round in to a full 360 spin rather than sideways. The best car I've tried in was a non-turbo 3.0lt supra, much easyer throttle to feather compared to some turbos that throw power at you suddenly and send ya round to full 180 and 360s :doh:

posted by  relicensed

my brother taught me in an A15 powered 120Y w/ a welded diff and a close ratio transmission.

as for REAL drifting goes, i've a Holden Commodore VL Turbo (RB25DET) tuned to around 360hp at the moment (brother built it for me) for drifting, last time i drove it i nearly smashed into a poll (for the second time) because i over-looked an S-Curve and never realised how sharp it was, so instead of Reverse drifting like you do during an S-Curve, i just braking drifted the start and then didn't see the next corner, coming towards a sharp corner at 130km/h and having drums on the back (he took them off so i learn how to drift without the hand brake) and having a near ****ed gearbox as it was, i smashed the brakes as hard as i could and i heel/toe'd down from 4th to 2nd, the car swapped around and i drifted the second corner.

as you said, instinct kicks in and you do shit you didn't think possible.

anyway, driftings fun, learn to drift with weight transfer and then i'll say you're as good as me.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Your Message