fake BOV

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  fake BOV

one of my buddies wants to know if they make a fake blow off valve for a 1999 rs eclipse and how much they would be?
any help would be great thanx

posted by  mx3_monster

i dont know what it is, or what it would cost, just please tell me your friend does not think his car will be faster for having it...

posted by  dodgerforlife

no he doesnt think it will be faster he just wants it to sound like it is turboed
and i dont know why

posted by  mx3_monster

then its only borderline rice lol - he wants other people to think it has a turbo...so entailing that they think the car is faster..

posted by  dodgerforlife

yeah probably i mean dont get me wrong it would sound cool but he is too cheao to buy a whole turbo kit right nowe but he said he will buy one within the year

posted by  mx3_monster

Or try this...

posted by  car_crazy89

lol, fake BOV. I've raced someone with a fake BOV once. At first i was scared, like oh sh*t, turbo, but then i didnt hear the turbo itself, so i revved back and then destroyed him. ahha :hi:

posted by  aerith

you didn't hear the turbo??? and how good is your hearing? :screwy:

fake bov.... :laughing: i aint too sure of your definition of ricer in the states (vtec stickers on toyota's / big gt race wings on 1.3lt cars / ect?), but from what i can gather, that sounds like the MOST ricer thing in the world. Well maybe just short of mounting a front mount on his car too. :doh:

fake bov....lmfao

posted by  relicensed

Well... that and a turbo won't spool (i.e. make noise) at a standstill unless they have a stutter box installed (or some other special launch mechanism). i.e. you wouldn't hear that turbo... and therefore there wouldn't be anything for the BOV to vent either.

posted by  Bino

what the Fvck? a fake BOV?... i doubt that this is possible...

go get a supercharger like a SC12 and run it on 6 - 8psi and get a BOV, that'll do alright, it also wont ruin your internals or your injectors/ecu, basically, most VL Commys around here with their RB30E engines can handle a stock SC12 supercharger, bolted on, on 6 - 8psi.

posted by  HyundaGuy

If anyone has them, it would be autozone.

posted by  Oomba

They make fake BOV's, they're on eBay and they bolt to the exhaust tip. Has some little venturi on it which apparently gives a BOV sound when you rev the motor. It's held on by one bolt and the instructions tell you to tighten it with pliers... classy.

posted by  Bino

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Make-YOUR-CAR-sound-ball-bearing-Garrett-TUR BO-CHARGED_W0QQitemZ7994861042QQcategoryZ42610QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

I saw that a few weeks ago while looking at turbo's

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Thas pretty cool

posted by  99integra

that's not cool, faking having a turbo ISN'T cool mate, lol.. sorry.. but i don't like it when people are all talk and no walk.

personally, i'd just go the whole sha-bang and get a ****ing f/i kit and get a BOV with it.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I never said it was cool or i liked it....i just saw it while looking. Id love to put turbo in my car but with it being older and having high miles i don't see the point. Not like im gonna buy that pos either.

i wasn't referring to you mate.

also, if you want to turbo your car, you've got a lot of time, money and work ahead of you.

i'd suggest you just scrap what you have now and go for an already turbo car, either that or i suggest you start working over-time and stop eating junk food and start learning about cars more and more.

posted by  HyundaGuy

lol i eat out too much. but my plan is to do the few things i want to do with my current car. Be good to it and have it last me through college (hopefully). Study about cars and such and save money Then when im out of college and hopefully have a good job get a new car and then go all out with that. I don't know what car id want since its about 4 years away. But im pretty sure ill stay with honda/acura. :thumbs:

hah! my mum said she'd stay with mazda forever! she just YESTERDAY bought herself a brand new Hyundai Elantra.

don't say that you're pretty sure you'll stick with one manufac. of one car, mainly because you could go out, take a WRX STi for a test drive and fall inlove, lol... anythings possible.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I don't have like any money saved up as of now and i work at best buy so i don't see me coming into a huge amount of money anytime soon. Ive never really priced a subaru but i know they are expensive. Especially the WRX and STi

i'd strongly suggest you go and take a nissan for a test drive, you'll more then likely be impressed with them, they're great cars.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I test drove a altima. I personally didn't like it but it could have jsut been that car. It didn't handle well and i didn't like he acceleration.

oh ok, i've never driven one of those, only nissan i've driven is an R32, R33 skylines and an older S13 Silvia.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Yeah too bad there are no skylines around here. I saw one on the road here ONCE. I was amazed...then when it was gone i realized my pants were wet. The US should have our own skyline. F*ck importing. Costs too much :cussing:

yeah we get basically all models, i think the only ones we don't have are the ASL1 models, from then onwards we have all models i think.

i see quite a few DR30, HR31, HCR32, ER33, ER34 and BNCR33's.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I see....uh....zero

well arn't you a lucky one!

posted by  HyundaGuy

Not really....i nuted myself for the one i saw so id like to see them more often :mrgreen:

HAHA! come to aus! i bet you'll cream yourself non-stop!

posted by  HyundaGuy

Id love to get out of this hell hole and go visit. Too bad it costs money and im poor. Wanna buy me a ticket and let me stay at your house? lol :laughing:

im gonna go buy one of those turbo sound things for both of my exhaust tips...haha

posted by  Mx3Kid

LMFAO!! good luck mate, my old girl would cut sick if i told her someone from over seas is comin' to stay with us for a little while so he can suss out the cars in aus, lmao!

posted by  HyundaGuy

I reakon he'd cut sick when he saw the price you ozzys pay for jap imports :doh: You gotta get your gov to stop protecting Holden and Ford and just let them in without the ridiculous import duty.

posted by  relicensed

Your Message