The Next Step

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  The Next Step

I own a 1994 300zx N/A, and so far i have done a couple mods to it such as:

-JWT pop charger (intake)
-Magnaflow Exhaust
-wider wheels (5Zigen FNO1R-C 235/44 front 255/40 rear on Yoko ES100 tires)

Now, I cant really think of anything else to do to it that would actually be worth while to spend my precious money on, because the N/A Z just doesnt upgrade well. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what i should do next? I know there are a couple Z32 owners out there. Just keep in mind that I'm age 17 and dont have that big of a budget. Also i should say that the Y-pipe (X?) from the cats is stock, because the exhaust sounded HORRIBLE with strait pipes.
Anyways, any suggestions would be helpful, just nothing ricey please.

posted by  300zxBoy

what about some headers and a turbo or superchanger? to gtet some air into that thing?

posted by  Stem

Yeah, compression ratio = 10.5:1 = no turbo or supercharger. considering it has 130K miles that is... dont want any exploding engines. Headers are possible, but wouldnt that lower low end torque? If anything thats exactly what i dont want. Also, if you look into the engine bay of the Z32, you cant even see the ground, so its bassically impossible for me to do the job myself, so theres a lot of money i would also have to spend on someone else installing them. Any more help would be appriciated.

posted by  300zxBoy

Make a friend who has access to a lift lol. Thats what i got. My friend takes auto-tech classes so like 1/2 though september hes gonna put my car up on a lift there and put my headers on :mrgreen: . Yeah you have the same reason i do for not wanting turbo or anything. My car has 115k on it. Up the appearance maybe? Put new lights on or work on the interior. If not jsut put some new pulleys and replace the spark plugs in your engine. Unleash a few more horses there.

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

would spark plugs and underdrives really do anything?

posted by  300zxBoy

no, some pullies would

posted by  99integra

thats what i though, this thread is a complete waste.

posted by  300zxBoy

how many horse's are your aiming for Mr. Negative?

posted by  HyundaGuy

lol. But seriously, just do intake, exhaust, header, plugs, and plug wires, unorthodox pulley system (According to Thunderbird are better than even the AEMs), just do the basics and keep it N/A.

posted by  Accord_Man

oh why not go all out, get a racing chip, bore, stroke, port, polish, high compression pistons, rebuilt combustion chamber, rebuilt lower block, adjustable cam gears, light weight cam shafts, light weight crank shaft, headers, rebuilt mandrel-bent exhaust piping.

go all out mate, try for about 350 - 400hp of pure VG30DE engine, i'm sure you'd be able to stroke it to atleast a 3.5ltr.

if you're really desperate, then i suggest you just forget the whole list of shit i just suggested and go find a Nissan Cima and get a VQ30DETT, they're a much better concept engine for upgrading and they've got a double, double over head cam (quad over head cam).

there ya go, i gave you a whole list of shit you can do to the engine to succeed in high power levels and very bad fuel eficiency.

EDIT: Spelt a few words wrong and left out a few upgrades.

posted by  HyundaGuy

:laughing:

posted by  99integra

steve loves me cause i like cars, lol.... YES STEVE.. Integra's ARE great.

posted by  HyundaGuy

:) No shit

posted by  99integra

exactly my point, I was just giving a list of upgrades that wouldn't put such a strain on the fuel efficiency.

posted by  Accord_Man

haha! i was just being a smart ass to him..

look.. seriously, if you want more power, go out, get an RB26DETT/VQ30DETT and drop that into your Z32, i'm sure that will increase power to EXTREME amounts and keep fuel efficiency at a resonable level.

posted by  HyundaGuy

R2D2!!! :laughing:

Where is he anyhoo?

posted by  99integra

wtf is this shit about star wars?

posted by  HyundaGuy

nope.......

posted by  99integra

o ok lol. And yes you might say an RB26DETT would give it a huge jump in power.

posted by  Accord_Man

i'm confused.. what's it about then? R2D2? did you nickname the RB26DETT the "R2D2" ??

posted by  HyundaGuy

BAV, COME ON DOWN WITH THE NICKNAME

posted by  99integra

Steve you are just one cool guy.

posted by  Accord_Man

Lol, what the hell :laughing:

posted by  99integra

R2D2, that one just made me laugh, it came out of nowhere :laughing:

posted by  Accord_Man

lmao! he's good at that! should see him when i come on MSN, "WASSUP NIGGA!! CRAZY ASS JAPANESE FIGHTER JETS BOMBING MY HOUSE BRO!! WHOA!"

i'm like "hello?", lol... steve's a funny one.. great bloke.

posted by  HyundaGuy

It is another member of this forum, his identity will remain unknown until someone who also knows who I am talking bout will come down :wink2:

posted by  99integra

O you were talking about a member, I think I might have heard that name once or twice around the forum, but I don't have any idea who it is.

posted by  Accord_Man

Save up for a VG30DETT. Stop modding the damned POS N/A VG30DE!!!

posted by  thunderbird1100

lol....dude the swap alone is a good $7K, do you think a senior in highschool about to go into college can afford that? Its not a "Damned POS N/A VG30DE," its sexy, and deserves respect :cussing: . not really. anyways, seeming as this thread was completely hijacked, thanks for at least adding something to the topic. I just wanted to know what i should do next, and that wasnt really answered, although people have given me ideas. Thanks to those who actually tried to answer my question. :cussing: @ integra.

posted by  300zxBoy

if you actually go back and see 75% of my posts, you'll actually see that i gave you a shit load of ideas that you can do to the car's engine.

also, if it comes to you wanting something different, then you can always do an engine swap.

if you have a shyt load of cash then i'd suggest either a RB30DETT(stroked) or a VQ30DETT, not a VG30DETT.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Yes, i thanked you

see?

posted by  300zxBoy

dont forget about clutch and flywheel...they help

posted by  black_plague

hmmm.....true, thanks thats a good idea.

posted by  300zxBoy

It does NOT cost $7000 to do a VG30DETT swap in a 300ZXTT. Hell the engine alone is only $2000-$2500. Installation should ring up around $1200 or so. If you cant get the job done for under $4000 you're getting ripped...

BTW - I WAS a senior in H/S last year (College freshman this year). And have owned 3 vehicles. All three highly modded in their respective ways (two 90 Accords and a 92 300ZXTT). Get a job.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message