honda 2002 question

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  honda 2002 question

I don't know much about cars so hopefully you guys can help me out with this. Everytime I press on the breaks when going above 55mph the steering wheel starts shaking a lot, and it makes it difficult to keep the car going straight. Does that have something to do with the alignment? or is it something more serious?

posted by  ERIC456us

Rotors could be bent. Also try balancing or jsut getting new tires. How old are the ones currently on it? I had that same problem with my 96 accord. i got new tires and had them balanced. Problem went away :thumbs:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

u took the words outa my mouth

posted by  Mx3Kid

Thanks for the help GonnaDie4TheGov. I don't know exactly how old the tires are since i just bought the car last year, but they look ok. So you think just a balance will help? I did make an appt. to get an alingment, so I guess i should cancel that since a balance is cheaper. How do i know if the rottors are bent?

posted by  ERIC456us

Well if your car drifts a bit too much you should still get it aligned. Well if you take your wheels off you should be able to tell but if its just slightly a professional would have to tell you. If your still in high school talk to one of the people who goes to autotech classes either at your school or a vocational school..one of the first things they learn about is rotors so they should be able to tell you (and prob replace them pretty cheap :mrgreen: ).

Well actually i'm out of school, and just working right now. You think the prob will get worst if i just continue driving like this for a while, or should i get it checked out as soon a pos? also for the alingment is front wheel alignment ok or should i do all 4 wheels?
Thanks again for the help :mrgreen:

posted by  ERIC456us

Nah i shouldn't really get worse just fix it within the next month or so to be safe. Go for the full package if you've got the money.

well actually i've been driving like this for about 2months. What do you mean by the full package?

posted by  ERIC456us

Don't wait too much longer then. Align all 4 if you have the money. But 2 is really all that should be needed.

Your Message