95 240sx twin turbo kits??

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  95 240sx twin turbo kits??

i was looking for a twin turbo kit for a stock 95 240sx. but all i can find are single turbos. also i want a kit that includes everything (fuel pump, everything that is needed)

posted by  cnalven

...you dont twin turbo 4 cylinders! you will not find a twin turbo kit for your car...

posted by  mazda6man

ok i didnt know. Thanks

posted by  cnalven

if you mean twin as in sequentials, then I am not sure if there are any but it is certainly possible. 4 cylinders are more like to have just one to save space and weight. Twin as in identical turbos are made for cars with two cylinder banks (one for each). Alot of people call the RX-7 and Supra twin turbo cars, but in reality they are sequential turbos, turbos of different sizes to use at different rpms, loads, and throttle position. I believe that the 300ZX and 3000GT VR-4 are examples of true twin turbo systems, two identical turbos that spool at the same time. So if the Supra can be a twin turbo car with one 6 cylinder bank, then so can any |4 cylinder car.

posted by  VG30DE

Yes you can..... :screwy: Its possible, Ive seen it done to a S2000.

posted by  SlipKnoT

i know you CAN, but its really something that you just dont do, its not really worth it... 2 cylinders cant spool up a turbo very fast, unles its a super small turbo or something. oh, and just cuz its been done it oesnt mean that youle vind a kit for it... it was specially made...

posted by  mazda6man

They can spool up a turbo just fine.

posted by  Oomba

When he said twin, he probably meant sequentials, which means it uses all 4. Of course it wouldn't make sense to have TWIN IDENTICAL turbos on an |4. :banghead:

posted by  VG30DE

all he'd need to do is get twin JDM T25BB turbo's, have a custom 4-into-2 header and mount the twin turbo in it, aslong as he ran them on a fairly low boost then he'd be able to run it just fine.

i've seen an sr20det twin turbo'd and that was a 2.0ltr, he's lookin' to twin turbo his ka24de, so i'm guessin' that it'd hold up better since it's a 2.4ltr.

honestly though, with the type of costs involved to do this, you might actually be better off goin' with an rb26dett or a vq/vg30dett?.

anyway, i'm sure that if you got all the parts needed, you'd be able to run a twin system on this car, i'd suggest that you get injectors from an rb and a fuel pump from a vq, that's essential parts for twin systems on nissan engines.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Doesnt mean he cant custom make his own turbo kit now does it? He coud just order a couple of Turbonetics' T3/T4 Hybrid series turbos, and then get all the other hardware from HKS or Greddy or something :screwy:

posted by  SlipKnoT

What are a rb26dett and vq/vg30dett? are they engines?

posted by  cnalven

Yep.

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters."

posted by  Oomba

from what company? are they better than nissan's?

posted by  cnalven

the RB26DETT is a Nissan Skyline GT-R engine.

the VQ30DETT is a Nissan Cima engine.

also, you could go with a VG30DETT engine from a Z32.

posted by  HyundaGuy

think a vg would fit in a 240? those engines are pretty massive....

posted by  mazda6man

wait, nm, they can put toyota v8s in corollas... they can probably fit a vg in a 240... my bad

posted by  mazda6man

ive seen supra motors in 240sx before. must of been a bad ass 240sx. so far ive only seen 1 240sx with a rb26dett motor. man did that thing look nice. that thing would proably be so god damn fast.

posted by  silvia_star

ive seen V8's fitted into those things..... even a VG with the twins mounted. a lot of work had to be done, and it was a tight fit, but a fit is a fit.

posted by  Inygknok

Your Message