Lexus es300

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Lexus es300

Hey! As you may know I am looking for a used car for myself, and I came across this ad today,

1995 LEXUS ES300 all features, a/c, pw, pdl, auto, v clean, no accident, AirCared, lthr int, 120k km, $10,500 obo

I phoned the owner and he lives about 10 minutes away from me and I'm going to go look at it tomorrow. So does anyone have any opinions on this car?

posted by  n00dle

Its nice and good luck with the upkeep :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Eh, glorfied Camry. To me the ES300 never served any purpose. What happened to that Caddy?

posted by  thunderbird1100

I didn't know Lexus was an Asian import. :PP

posted by  GreekWarrior

The Cadillac had horibble looking leather/plastic, it was in perfect condition but it was a horrible orangey-brown colour :(. And I didn't like the center console design :(. But I really like the es300's body style and my parents/family would rather have me get a japanese car.

posted by  n00dle

There is so many better choices than a ES300 though...

Whats your budget ($10k CDN?).

I obviously don't know the market over there, but I fully second that call! there are soo many better choices out there (anywhere). Toyota windom???

if you'd said ls400 then.....well thats another story, or a gs300 twin turbo then all the better. But if you got 10g to throw on a car I'm sure you can find something better. HELL I'm looking at coming to america to buy a f150 lightning for 13g, so you should be able to find sumthing decent for 10.

:banghead:

posted by  relicensed

I wish we had got a GS300 Twin turbo here. We got the non turbo 2jzge SC300 and GS300.

What's wrong with a es300?

posted by  n00dle

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that its an "old-person's" car, since the styling is so conservative, and the performance is lack luster. It just does not instill excitement. But it is extraordinairly reliable, and it's very quiet and comfortable.

posted by  aerith

Ditto.

Why not find a old Eclipse or Talon or Impreza.

posted by  StiMan

YOU GUYS DON'T GET THE TURBO VERSION??? but you get everything over there! that is fookin criminal! well i suppose we the rest of the world needs to have something over you hahaha :laughing:

posted by  relicensed

My mom allready owns an impreza (2002) and I don't like eclipses/talons.

posted by  n00dle

the sc300 NEVER came with a 2jz, only ever 1jzge, 1jzgte, 1jzgtte and 1uzfe.

they've never EVER been produced with a 2jz, not a single one in the world that came factory with a 2jz.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Well that answers my question. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

Um, you are just flat out wrong.

Guess the 96 SC300 my friend has with "2jzge" stamped on the engine block isnt a 2jzge...

Look it up. The 93-97 Sc300 came with a 2jzge as did the 93-97 GS300.

http://www.turbokits.com/SC300_turbo_kits.html
http://www.turbokits.com/GS300_turbo_kits.html

Look at the engine code...

And if you think the site is lying I can find you 20 more sites and even pictures that sure enough it came stock with a N/A I6 3.0L 2JZGE.

Your Message