1997 accord

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  1997 accord

I know this sounds like a dumb question because u guys here it all the time but what are ur suggestions for upgrades on a 97 accord ex. This is my first car and is intirely stock and im just looking for ne good ideas on what to do next. I have a cold air intake which i bought off my buddy btw.

posted by  A-cord

What brand of intake is it? My suggestions would be performance first. Go with the header and exhaust after you put on that intake. Then you can start on customizing the out side with rims, neons, etc. But always do performance first. Once youre done with the outter mods, you might want to think of a turbo kit :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

If you want to go serious performance save your money for a h22a swap (About $3000 total if you get it installed by someone else). IF all you want to do is get a little more performance over stock just do the usual header/exhaust, pulley set, performace cam gear, better iginition etc...

posted by  thunderbird1100

ok now i have a question for you, the h22a swap wut kidna engine is that, is it still a i-4, and also what also needs to be changed for a f series to an h serioes swap?

posted by  Stem

h22a is from a JDM PRelude (200hp/161tq). All that needs to be done for a 94-97 Accord is get an engine mounting kit. In a 90-93 Accord they drop right i with all the stock locations.

sweet deal... what am i lookin at in terms of cost for an engine swap?

posted by  A-cord

$3000+
Depends on what motor you go with and if you do it yourself or get it professionally done

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

hmm okay... one question. Can pretty much ne acura/honda engine be swapped with eachother?

posted by  A-cord

If your willing to put the time and effort into contructing new mounts and hooking it all up. Yes. As long as they stay as the same wheel drive and the engine will fit. So you can't put a 2.2L Accord Engine into a 1.8L made Civic. There are the obvious restrictions

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Not in Accords no.

$2400 max if you do h22a swap yourself. Tack o nabout $800 onto that if done professionally.

Your Message