Toyota Tercel, good or bad

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Toyota Tercel, good or bad

I am looking at a 1991 Toyota tercel with 140k miles on it at a price of 1.5k from a dealer. There is some rust, a dent a bit smaller than a soccer ball on the door, and the engine has some rust on the extieror. The engine also idles a little bit rough also, vibrating the car. (But the car is so small, it doesn't take much to vibrate it.) White smoke also blow out the tail pipe when pressing on the accelerator in park, which I hear occurs when the engine coolant burns. How does engine coolant burn anyways.

posted by  stevenbob0

Its got a bad headgasket, or needs its valves replaced. Dont get it, his price is way to high for such a piece of shit. I wouldnt give him more than $100 for that old shitbox.

posted by  SlipKnoT

NEVER buy a car from a dealer for less than like 4k. There is ALWAYS something major wrong if its a good car and especially if its a toyota, nissian, or honda. B/c of their reliablity they hold their valve quite well.

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

dont buy it. White smoke is caused by burning oil. Could be a bad head gasket or something in the head is screwed up. I wouldnt pay more than 500 for it

posted by  bigdaveangell

I thout white smoke was from berning Engine coolant. and balck was from oil

posted by  stevenbob0

white smoke could be more than just burning oil but that is what it usually is.

posted by  bigdaveangell

well if the head gasket is blown isnt there coolant in yer oil then? correct me if im wronge

posted by  Tech_N9ne

if your head gaskit is blown then you're ****ing up your 4 stroke cycle, thus making the car ****ED to points that i can't stress.

straight out, don't get it.

posted by  HyundaGuy

why would oil make white smoke. think about it. If i burn oil ist black. like really black. maby im just convused. so i gues ill just go with you and say its the oil. :ohcrap:

posted by  stevenbob0

well if u pour oil on the ground and burn it ofcourse it will but yer not burning near that much in yer car. but still i dont kno why it makes white smoke... its a mystery
oh i almost forgot dont get the tercel

posted by  Tech_N9ne

Yup i told the guy he i didnt want it. I hope nobody els buys it to.

posted by  stevenbob0

Your Message