Codes

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Codes

I put this on repairs but thought someone on here might know too. I jsut had my car inspected and it failed running two codes. P0108 (Manifold Absolute Pressure [MAP] Sensor Circuit High Voltage) and P0401 (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected). I have a brand new EGR valve in it from that code showing up 2 months ago.

Any ideas on how to fix it? And how much it would cost? Of course when you fail inspection its required that a mechanic fixes it and has to sign off on papers. Yay that makes this so much better.

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

that codes P0401 is the gas cap code (if the cap isn't loose and it keeps coming back replace the cap) i was talking about and that P0108 sounds like you could have a problem with your MAP sensor. Try cleaning it first (careful what you use is has some sensitive parts) and have the codes cleared. If your state does OBDII emmissions testing don't take it back until you have them cleared and complete a drive cycle or it will fail again.

posted by  airmanUSN

the bad thing is my state (NJ) requires me to take it to be fixed...im not allowed to do it myself or have it done outside of a shop. So they are forcing me to put out alot of money :ohcrap:

i just read your other thread and you said the P0401 isn't a Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected code but a EGR flow insufficient code. I don't have an honda spec book with me so which is it?

posted by  airmanUSN

I did emmission for Ga and i've never heard of a law saying you can't perform the repairs yourself. It could be different in your state but who told you that, the DMV or the shop?

posted by  airmanUSN

They are both the same thing. Exhaust Gad Recirculation (EGR)

The guy at the inspection station and also handed me a book with all the approved places and a paper that they have to fill out and sign.

nevermind i can put 1+1=3 :banghead:

posted by  airmanUSN

I have a mechianic that i go to that works at a shop...the work he has done for me before. Hopefully he can/will put that he did it at the shop but really won't so i don't get hit with those expensive charges.

Your Message