cheap speed

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  cheap speed

HI my name is joe i posted about my self in the intro forum im looking for a cheap rwd manual car (awd is fine also) and am looking for advice the cars i have been intrested in latley are s13 240sx which i like the idea of there cheapness handling ablities parts available and possible engine swaps
ne other car suggestions would be much appreciated

Other: cars include
1991 MR2 N/a or turbo
1985 BMW M3 (a bit high in price though)

suggestions please

posted by  Joe Celly

Well your in asian imports looking for a cheap rwd car? Thats funny. All RWD cars are pretty much Nissan and i must say unless you know someone selling one, one in good shape is not cheap. Id suggest if you want a cheaper rwd car go over do domestics. If not then look to get a fwd Honda, Toyota, or Nissan

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

what about 80's early 90's rx7 miatas and im leaning towards either the 240sx or the turbo MR2 (at this point) ne good places for quality performance parts for the MR2 turbo or 240sx in both the KA24 form and sr20det form

I also did not mention my uses for this car these would include a fun street machine autocross/and drifting and of course to work on late into the night on the weekends and in the winter

posted by  Joe Celly

You just need to post it one time here :wink2:

posted by  99integra

also my spending limits around 2000 all the way up to 6 and 7 thousand

posted by  Joe Celly

drifting and autocrossing is why im straying away from fwd

posted by  Joe Celly

how about a supra the one b4 the 93 and up one ne thing to say that its a bad car problems ne thing

posted by  Joe Celly

If you can find a supra for 7 grand...wow i applaud you :clap:.

I know around here theres quite a few, as long as they are 1993 or under.

posted by  car_crazy89

Lucky you...they are all about double that or more here in good condition if you can even find one for sale.

I have a friend that got an 85 supra with 90k miles on it for 25 bucks at an auction...its a fun car. Not as fast as the later ones, but doughnuts in it are kick ass :thumbs: .

posted by  Vlad

didn't think i'd ever see supra and $25 in the same sentence

posted by  airmanUSN

Mazda Mitsu!!!!!!

posted by  Oomba

omg, i'd think just the supra's engine for 25 bucks would b an awesome deal, i forgot to breath when i heard that! OMFG! Supra's are really nice rwd cars, but even 10 yo ones are expensive bcause of their engines.

posted by  1/4Drag_05

MR2 is near impossible to find but they are great cars, get one if you can...rx7s and miatas are much more easy to find. all these cars are great for your application.

the key with all of these cars is to find them in good condition. rx7s are a little different from the others, you will need to research what to observe when buying a 7. You should be able to get a decent FC TII for under $3k.

240s are also highly abused, you need to research what to look for before buying one...

posted by  importluva

if you go with a RX7 then try to find one with a rotary engine they have huge RPM's. my friend got a '88 RX7 in fl for 2500 with only 33k on it. needs paint but thats it. autotrader

posted by  cnalven

:ticking: do you even know how retarded that post was? do you know anything about rx-7's at all?

posted by  airmanUSN

Thjats a few late 80's maybe early 90's MR2's around here for cheap also, except most have pretty high mileage.

posted by  car_crazy89

I believe all rx-7s have rotary engines my friend.

posted by  A-cord

few have a crappy 6-cyl or 8 one or teh other

posted by  cnalven

s13's are good, aslong as you manage to get the sr20 model, if you do manage to get one that's isn't sr20 (that'll be a ca18), then get a turbo engine, from their i'd suggest you upgrade your injectors, fuel rails, intake, exhaust, extractors, fuel pump, oil pump, oil-cooler, suspension, brakes, diff and tyres.

the ca18(de and det) is an alright engine with some fairly heavy modifications, to be blunty honest, i'd never put one in anything.

personally, if i owned an s13, i'd want an sr20det model, with 8.2kg c/o on the front and 8.8kg c/o on the back, w/ brembo 6 piston rotors that have been drilled and slotted with sumo pads, front and rear, from there i'd love to upgrade the power from about 200hp to about 250 - 260hp.

that there is just my personal preferrance, do what ever you like.

posted by  HyundaGuy

if you HONESTLY believe that ANY RX-7 came show room with a 6/8cyl engine, then you my friend, are retarded.

rx-7's came with 12a's - 20btt's.... not a single 6/8cyl...

OH.. and don't say that the rx-7 EVER came with a mx-5 engine, cause they've got a BP engine.

posted by  HyundaGuy

:screwy: :drool:

posted by  airmanUSN

HAHA, you are a disrespect to Florida :laughing:

posted by  99integra

i believe correct me if im wrong the 1993 and up had 13b's and the late 80 and 909192 and the 2ng gen 93 had 13b also no cylinders only rotary power

posted by  Joe Celly

Well technically he is right, some people do the V8 swaps so maybe thats what he means.

posted by  car_crazy89

1993-95 had 13b-REW. 1986-91 had 13b. 79-85 had 12A, a rare few had 13b.

posted by  importluva

If the S13 and S14 doesn't work out, MIATA!

posted by  VG30DE

if you want cheap speed. buy a chip

posted by  lamboluver

Go Karts are one of the cheapest racing machines. A few litres of fuel will get you through a long way. Shame you can't drive them on the highway.

posted by  fudge

Your Message