Gas Prices $$$

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Gas Prices $$$

Gas prices are rising everywhere, im just wondering what everyone else is dealing with in their area. At the moment gas here in alberta, canada is around a dollar per leter. I know its differnet in the states i think u guys go by gallons or sumthing? dont you

posted by  A-cord

South Jersey is around 3 bucks a gallon right now. Sucks...before this hurricane it was supposed to be down to about 2 bucks a gallon. Damn weather :banghead:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

I paid 2.85 a gallon in Denver this morning

posted by  bigdaveangell

$1.27 per litre

posted by  HyundaGuy

Around here its about the same as Alberta, as low as about 0.95$ and as high as 1.07$. Does anyone know how many litres is in a gallon?

posted by  car_crazy89

talking about PUmpin gas, i just had my worst day of the month :cussing: !!

I went up to the register witha 20 dollar bill and told the guy 20 dollar on a pump. I am not sure if he heard me or not; he took my 20, but i couldnt pump SHIT from that pump (donno if the pump was broken or its the register person forgetting to give me what i had paid for...). so i went back to let the guy know, and he told me theres no record of me paying him 20 dollars...i was impatient and all cuz i needed to go to the post office and work. After about a minute or two of talking...he only gave me 10 dollar worth of gas back...I was like FUK!! man, fuk this SHIT!! next time, i am using the machines outside to pay for gas...fuk that!! and the gas was EXPENSIVE! 10 dollar worth of gas is really NOTHING!!

anyways...87 octane cost went up to $2.81 a gallon (Davis, CA). And it should be a dime more or so in the Bay Area (Oakland, Hayward...) :cussing:

posted by  nissanTFsx

I hate it when that happens. Its only happened once to me. I didnt even get the money back

posted by  bigdaveangell

i drive a moped!!!! gas in hawaii is about 2.79 a gallon. and i vespa gets about 85 miles a gallon. used to be about 79, but when i bored it out it increased.... :screwy: anyways, thats my solution....

posted by  collareddrifter

$3.59/gallon for regular which everyone was sold out of. Couple of places had lines over a mile long back home in Georgia. :cussing:

posted by  airmanUSN

In the bay area(Oakland,Richmond) It's around $2.91 per gallon for 87! :cussing:
What kind of crpa is this I see other pumps where it shows people putting $50 into their tank.

posted by  Spanky2324

here in puerto rico, the costs were at an average of $0.63 per liter of 93 octane premium. they were supposed to go down 5 cents sometime this month, and it would keep dropping like 2-3 cents every few weeks. now it has shot up to an all time record of an average of $0.80 for the 93 octane. its damn insane ffs. but DACO has looked into it to immediately lower the costs around here.

posted by  Inygknok

cheapest i've seen in Rochester, NY is $3.17 a gallon. :banghead:

posted by  glagon1979

Its now reached about 3.15 being the cheapest and 3.50 being the most expensive in south jersey. So glad i still have 1/2 a tank of gas so i can wait a bit till the price goes back down :thumbs:

3.8 Litres/Gallon, and the exchange rate is $1.1893. It works out to about $4.30(U.S.)/ Gallon!!!
And you guys think you have it bad :ohcrap: :banghead:

posted by  chris_knows

Thanks Chris :thumbs: I thought it was gonna be pretty high, i'm looking forward to driving so i guess at the same time looking forward to always having no money :doh: .

posted by  car_crazy89

$3.25 regular in Northern California. Good thing I don't drive.

posted by  abless

Next thing people will take public transportation and then those fees would be hiked up really high cause they know they could do it.

posted by  Spanky2324

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net
could be just a conspiracy theory, or could be real. who knows?

posted by  odds

This morning unleaded was at $3.90 a gallon. I dont know about now though.....word is that the prices around here are supposed to go down to $2.00 a gallon or a little over that at the end of September.

posted by  SlipKnoT

$1.32 per litre this morning, price's are soaring upwards... ****..

it's $1.67 per litre for stuff like premium octane (which would probably be the equiv. to your 87 octane)

posted by  HyundaGuy

It seems none of you Americans can really complain about your gas prices. Because of Katrina, OUR prices now range between $1.20-$1.40 A LITRE. Even at $1.00 a litre, we're still paying more then the US is, not we're definately higher.

So going by Chris_knows previous post, when we were paying about $1.00L it would become $4.30 US (a gallon), now we should be in or around $5.00 US (a gallon) with it being $1.20-$1.40L.

posted by  car_crazy89

Here's a comparison with the prices just over 2 weeks ago, went up by over 30 cents!!
http://car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=15119&page=1&pp=15&

And 5 months ago, prices were 84 cents lower!!
http://car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=11492&

:banghead: :cussing: :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

6 months ago, prices were about a dollar lower...If it keeps going at that rate, things will really suck...

Where are you guys getting the info that gas will be 2 dollars a gallon in september? If thats true, its freaking awesome.

posted by  Vlad

omg... gas was at 101 point sumthing the other day... i rolled by the gas station it shot up 20 god dam cents. This is just getting plain stupid. :banghead: :cussing:

posted by  A-cord

uk currently just under £1 per litre, £1=$1.83 and thats a LITRE...and some of you folks wonder why we have little economic cars in europe...i'm sure it must be a shock to actually pay for gas, rather than be almost given it. Its going to be worse than this, in 20 years time oil will be in shorter supply esp if China starts to really gobble up supplies....wonder where will get invaded for the oil next...

posted by  hammerthief

It's $3.89 a gallon at some gas station for unleaded here in Chicago, but most have $3.69.

posted by  V-TECH

Here in Iowa, gas was $2.39 a gallon on Sunday afternoon, before the hurricane. Monday morning, at around 6, it was already up to $2.49. Today, I paid $2.99 for unleaded w/ ethanol. That's the cheap stuff.

Before, when the prices were high, I was a little annoyed. But I thought, hey that's life. They would go up, then go down. But this $2.99 a gallon is really making me mad. Before, I could fill my take with $10. Today, I put $20 in on an empty tank and I didn't quite get a full tank.

posted by  linkinbabe21

Its mainly up right now for the US b/c the port at new orleans was distroyed from the hurricane so we are shipping less. Plus its summer. Prices always go up in the summer. Plus the value of money is always increasing. So as you make more money not only gas gets more expensive. Electronics, groceries, etc. are all becoming more and more expensive. I do wish the prices were cheaper but we are dealing with the world today that we live in. Though alot of the time its really not fair. :fu: :cussing:

hmm.. our fuel price's are forcing me to NOT upgrade my car, considering the sercumbstance's, i'm goin' to have to get a daihatsu charade or something

posted by  HyundaGuy

I'm still gonna stick with wanting to buy an older domestic. Also GonnaDie4TheGov, you forgot that another reason its raised right now is cause of the long weekend/labor day and will drop down alittle next week.

posted by  car_crazy89

I included that with the summer statement. But thanks anyways :thumbs:

ur a smart man car crazy ... it deffinately gets higher around that time because everyone is traveling... should drop down a significant amount by end of september.

posted by  A-cord

I love it...i write a paragraph and he writes one line and gets recognition for it. :clap:

Oh alright, i wasnt sure :thumbs:

And thanx A-cord, i'm hoping your right about dropping a significant amount (although i dont drive yet, (2 weeks)).

posted by  car_crazy89

Haha, you deserve some recognition too...

GonnaDie4TheGov, your a SMART guy :thumbs: Thanx for sharing some information with us :clap:

We both have about the same amount of posts in this thread :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

Well now i have one more so what now? :badrazz: :asshake:

Lmao, no you dont. And i guess i cant do anything about it :ohcrap: :laughing:

EDIT: So as not to post whore more (everything else in this thread (i think) has been useful or atleast not whoring, except this last one that i'm editing (and this one lol). These 2 can be deleted :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

Ok you couple a' post whores...calm down. :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

You love us...just admitt it :banana:

this morning was $2.81(87 octane) in Arco. But by the time i got off work at around 8pm, the price has gone up to 2.91 already. Too bad the gas station was closed...i had to go to Shell...sigh, which is $3.05 a gallon (87 octane) only!! :banghead:

posted by  nissanTFsx

:banghead: Just yesterday it was $1.15/Liter, and today it went up to $1.40!!! :cussing: Thank god I don't drive yet :smoke:

posted by  chris_knows

Actually, by the time we can drive, it'll probably be like $2.00 :laughing: :doh:

posted by  car_crazy89

I remember in the early/mid 90's that there was a station selling for $.69 a gallon for regular (87 octane in TX). Those were the days, well before I started driving. its getting to be $3 + for 85 octane here in Denver.

posted by  VG30DE

Its stil $3.29 here. Have you seen the news? I saw about a scare in Balitimore and people were lining up madd far for gas. Several people tonight at work also told me that they saw on the news that tonight is the last night you can get gas till tuesday.

mm.. $1.33.. damnit.. fuel's to expensive..

posted by  HyundaGuy

$3.50 here in wilmington north carolina

posted by  gto man

Now it's 3.29 for regular here in Rock Hill

posted by  jedimario

just turned 3.15 out in hawaii

posted by  Stem

Its going back down!!! 3.21 in south jersey

yeah it is going down, it's back down to $3.29 in Chicago

posted by  V-TECH

3.19 today in south jersey...i want to see a 2 in front again by friday...i get paid then and i want a full tank :thumbs:

Its 2.90 now

posted by  99integra

As of an hour ago, $1.297 a Litre (cheap crap)

posted by  car_crazy89

$3.33 here. the cheapest i found. =x

posted by  kimimaru

****ing hell.. $1.49 here for regular unleaded.. per litre..

posted by  HyundaGuy

whoa there dude. Calm it down. Im sure your government won't let you down with those wonderful gas prices lol. I knows ours will start a war over it :laughing:

Peaked out here in Ohio, atleast in my area, around 3.33 for regular unleaded. Now it's resting at 2.99 a Gallon. I think I heard something about legislation passing a bill to relieve state tax off of gas.. Not sure tho, still sucks.. I'm paying around 3.18 a gallon for Premium. Costs around $50 to fill up my 3000GT.

posted by  Metzger

$2.79 is the current cheapest in town.

posted by  hondaman

2.95 was the cheapest I saw today, but that was only one place lol

posted by  jedimario

2.75 per gallon cheapest i seen today, highest was right around the corner at 3.27 per gallon... total bs.. :cussing:

posted by  C c C

Your Message