Mx-3 engine swap

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Mx-3 engine swap

Hi my name is Chance, and I have a 94' mazda mx3. its a 1.6L DOHC and I was wondering if it would be possible to put in a 91 dodge stealth engine. its a 3.0L DOHC. The reason i chose this engine is because i can get it for free from a friend, not to mention it would add much more power (not to mention the possibility of turbo charging). Besides new motor mounts and the obvious, what else would truly NEED to ba changed?
Thanks a lot!
Chance

posted by  Napalm7629

i doubt it will fit, personally, if i was you, i'd replace your B6 engine with a BPT, they're fantastic engines.

posted by  HyundaGuy

honestly if want a good swap get the 1.8 v-6 i had a 91 mx3 with that motor with just exhaust and intake pushin 145hp and it was quick enough to beat most little imports in my area and you can turbo it i dont remeber where i read it but its possible good choice with mx3 their sweet and good luck with it

posted by  widget

the BPT is a 1.8ltr I4, turbo, intercooled, DOHC, EFI.

good for power levels of 180hp(GT-X model) to 207hp(GT-R model).

that's better thena 145hp 1.8ltr V6, N/A, yeah?

posted by  HyundaGuy

i had a 92 mx3 with the 1.8l v6 and if you are going to swap it get the 2.5l v6 i think it's the KLZE

posted by  mx3_monster

I dont think that engine swap would go over to well. What would be a great idea is swapping in a JDM Mazda KLZE 2.5L V6 engine and turboing it. Or you could swap in a 2.0L ZeTec from a Ford Focus. Both are excellent powerplants. I knew a guy with a KLZE engine swapped into his 1995 Ford Probe GT. He had it twin turboed and it was making around 320ho at 6 psi. It ran mid 12s. Now, I want you to imagine what that kind of HP would do in a tiny little MX3 :thumbs: Talk about domestic killer. Youd be in the low 11s or high 10s.

posted by  SlipKnoT

just remember bigger aint always better considering what limited space i remember

posted by  widget

sounds pretty sick ,might workout nice scrrrrrrrreeeech

posted by  widget

Your Message