apex ae86

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  apex ae86

anybody know where i can can an apex ae86 corrola right hand drive? any place in US that refurbish's them? thanks, all help appreciated.

posted by  collareddrifter

Go look at your local car importer. Expect to pay over 10K to have an APEX shipped over.

posted by  fudge

Import it. Im sure there are probably only like.....none in the US. :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Even if you had one, most people are gonna see it as an old crappy car. so is it worth it?

posted by  ed_7702

Probably not worth it

posted by  bigdaveangell

11K can get you a right hand drive Pulsar GTi-R. If you really like the car, go for it. Don't let other people neysay.

posted by  VG30DE

That was one thing I really liked about the AE86. The fact that it looks like an old heap of junk to the majority and that I hoped that I could get one cheap. But somehow prices have sky-rocketed recently and that just put me off.

posted by  fudge

yeah, Ive noticed those high prices. Its crazy. My dad had a 1979 Toyota Corolla SR5, and even those are going up in price. I WAS thinking about getting a AE86 for my first car, but the way the prices are, I just couldnt afford one. :banghead:

posted by  SlipKnoT

i really do think it is worth it, i like all old cars that look like that, like old jetta vr6's or datsun 510's. and the ae86 has a godly aftermarket to go along, plus i only want to right hand drive because knowone else over heres got anything like it.

posted by  collareddrifter

sad thing is.... the prices of the 86's are going up in part thanks to the drifting scenario, but mostly cuz of initial d, and thats sad.....

posted by  Inygknok

Most of this insane popularity is thanks to Keiichi Tsuchiya. He's shown us that a well setup AE86 with 160hp can beat stock skylines, imprezas and MR-S on the touge. He's also the technical director of Initial D and he makes sure that the CG animation looks real. And he also likes to show off his drift in one.

I personally love Initial D. It has a very good storyline and is the only cartoon I've seen so far which accurately animates how a car races. And also I started watching it at the time when I was so peeved about how crap "The Fast And Furious" was. I was kinda suprised how long it took before people knew about Initial D outside Asia.

But the Chinese had to give it a go in trying to make a real life movie of Initial D and for those who have seen the anime before it, I must say it's a dissapointment. But the good thing is you'll be able to see real cars drifting on the touge!!

posted by  fudge

Your Message