92-95 Honda Civic CX

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  92-95 Honda Civic CX

hey pals,
there's a nice civic hb cx i'm looking at buying, but am scared it'll be underpowered. how much money would i have to put into the cx engine so that it'd be as strong as the dx or even the ex engine? for those who don't know, the cx is a 1.5l i4 with 70hp/90 torque and the dx has a 1.5l i4 with 102hp/98 torque. the ex engine has the same 1.5l i4 engine, but with 125hp/106 torque.
the cx seems very underpowered, any ideas?

thanks,
matt

posted by  odds

Ls/vtec?

posted by  fudge

Uhhhh....a whole 'nother engine :laughing: Seriously dude, it isnt even worth it to try and make a CX engine fast. Its meant for ECONOMY. Period. End of story.

posted by  SlipKnoT

figured.

thanks guys :)

posted by  odds

One word : SWAP!!!! :2cents:

posted by  elchango36

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2097000-2097999/2097793_8 .jpg (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2097793)
JDM B16 1.6L I4 160 hp (119 kW) @ 7600 rpm & 111 ft·lbf (150 Nm) @ 7000 rpm

Or you could always do the more common USDM B18 Swap.

But yeah, trying to make the CX engine faster is just like trying to make my original VX engine faster, it's not worth it. :2cents:

posted by  elchango36

Fixed.

posted by  Oomba

by swap I meant Engine Swap, never did I say better car.

posted by  elchango36

Aye, I guess you dont get the meaning of fixed quotes.

Anyhow, you can do better than a Civic.

posted by  Oomba

Maybe he can't, what if he's on a tight budget??? Or who knows, maybe he wants a Civic.

posted by  elchango36

Unless his budget is $600 or something, im sure theres better things he can find. And who wants a Civic that really knows what theyre buying? Unless your an outcast who feels he needs to blend with everyone else who owns a freakin Civic econobox, than I dont see a reason anyone would want one.

posted by  Oomba

Of course you don't, perhaps he does. We all know where you stand, which is why I won't waste anymore of my time arguing with you.

posted by  elchango36

Underpowered, understyled, overhyped, and overly common. Yeah, plenty of reasons to want to drive that BEAST.

posted by  Oomba

no one ever said it was ... uuughhh whatever.

posted by  elchango36

hahah... seriously, i was just asking.
i'm leaning off this car, anyways because of what oomba said; it's underpowered and not worth even close to $2500. right now the 95 eclipse rs is lookin' good. **** insurance, though, seriously. but, i guess $2k/year isn't too bad (especially when you have a job, like me). :)

thx again,
matt

posted by  odds

If you put it in your parents name and put you as a part time driver itll only be like $60 a month.

posted by  Oomba

not true..depends on many things. Among them age, type of car, driving record...

posted by  elchango36

their pretty old, like ~50. they do have pretty clean driving records, though. and it'd be a 1995 mitsubishi eclipse rs. :)

posted by  odds

Doesnt sound like he has much of a driving record, and its not a v8 or anything. It should be low with that little trick.

posted by  Oomba

Oh my, and I wonder why it's overly common??

posted by  fudge

Because its cheap and overhyped.

posted by  Oomba

Oomba; you have to admit that Civics CAN be fast with a little work. ;)

posted by  odds

ALOT of work. At least to be able to keep up with better cars. But nothing can change how ugly they are.

posted by  Oomba

Opinions are great things. :thumbs:

posted by  odds

The early 2nd gen RS/GS 420a DSMs were horribly unrealible....bad choice.

posted by  thunderbird1100

There must be a reason why they are overhyped. And if they are actually as bad as you think it is the hype would have been well over a long time ago. And being cheap is great as you can spend more money on modifications.

Turbo VTECS can be suprising fast. Civics have already got weight and balance on it's side so it requires less horsepower to be as quick as a Evo.

posted by  fudge

i have a turbo vtec civic(del sol) and its quite a bit quicker than a camaro ss...so they are not that bad

posted by  black_plague

Oh man you slapped a turbo on a Del Slow so it must be faster than a dragster now!!!

posted by  Oomba

i never said it was faster than a dragster i was just stating that they are not that slow with some work in to them.....and i have done more than just slap a turbo on there.....and once you learn something you should actually talk instead of saying stuff you know nothing about

posted by  black_plague

how did you get from a civic to del sol

posted by  95 EcLiPsE gSx

its called a civic del sol

posted by  black_plague

Technically, a Del Sol is still a Civic. Hence the name, Civic Del Sol.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Reeaaaallllly......and what else have you done to this little 4 popper to make it beat a Camaro SS? Hmmmm? Id like a list of EVERY engine mod done to the car.

posted by  SlipKnoT

125 horsepower. Unless you got a big ass turbo, causing you to lose the race waiting for your turbo to spool, you arent going to get much power. Maybe around 180 or so, and thats at the crank. Yeah, thats a real Camaro SS beater.

posted by  Oomba

ok here we go
t3/to4e .57 trim turbo
3inch dp
cp pistons 9.1 cr
eagle h beams rods stock length
acl race bearings
hondata s200b
jbm b16a sir2
exedy stage 2 clutch
8 lb fidanza flywheel
tial 38mm wastegate
jrc 8' front mount
obx tubular manifold
rfl b.o.v.
rc engineering 440cc injectors
walbro 255lph fuel pump
aem fuel rail
stainless steel oil lines
kaaz 2 way lsd
b&m short shifter
shot peened and cryo treated gears
and i beat the camaro on 9psi...it was a LS1 camaro ss...and i have suspension mods if you wanna know them just ask :mrgreen:

posted by  black_plague

Now look how much work you have to do to beat a STOCK LS1 Camaro SS. :mrgreen:

posted by  nsupra27

i beat it when i just put the turbo on so all in all...my car cost less and is faster....so saying honda is not quick because they are 4 cylinders is wrong......adn the camaro is not stock it had hooker headers slp exhaust and an after market intake

posted by  black_plague

I raise the bs flag on this one. No ****ing way, its just impossible.

BTW, it doesnt count if the other car isnt trying race you.

posted by  Oomba

what dont you believe that a turbo 4 cylinder beat an allmighty LS1....you can call b.s. all you want.... but i know the truth and so do alot of other people that know me and witnessed it

posted by  black_plague

Whats a Camaro making at the rear wheels stock? Isnt it like 380 hp? And with an aftermarket exhaust, intake and headers, its probably at 420hp. Now....your honda has about 160hp stock correct? And with your current mods you probably have about 280hp when running your turbo at 9psi. Take into account the weight difference, along with the big torque difference between the 2 cars, theres no way you beat him. You might have stayed about 2-4 cars behind him, but you didnt beat him.

posted by  SlipKnoT

they make like 320 stock and i made 303 at the wheels....i was about 3 cars ahead of him...you can ask anyone with a turbo bseries and they will tell you that camaros are not that hard to beat

posted by  black_plague

What does your car run in the 1/4?

posted by  nsupra27

12.8 at 116 mph on street tires

posted by  black_plague

Thats a Z28, not an SS.

And until we see some time slips, we cant verify that your car actually runs a low 12sec 1/4 mile.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Hes just an dimwitted Honda owner, let it die.

posted by  Oomba

its high 12 and i'll find them and post them....and the ss does have like 325...not like 380

posted by  black_plague

Well hurry up man, then we'll stop harassing you.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Show me a timeslip. :mrgreen:

posted by  nsupra27

im trying to get it to scan right now but ill give you the details on this run it was a 12.9 at 109 cant find the 12.8 run
r/t 2.3 ..it sucked
60ft 1.9
330 5.6
1/8 8.5
1/8th mph 84
1000 11.0
1/4 12.9
mph 109

posted by  black_plague

Do you have anymore pictures of your car, besides the one almost impossible to see in your sig?

posted by  nsupra27

yeah i have more pics.....this thing wont load i will send it to someone if they will host it for me so i can actually show my timeslip

posted by  black_plague

wow.. goto work and come back to find this, heh. calm down guys :mrgreen:

posted by  odds

http://imageshack.us/

posted by  nsupra27

It's funny how everyone gets worked up when someone claims a Honda can beat a Camaro SS.

This poor Viper owner didn't expect this coming at him :orglaugh:
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=2A5277A4-AF7C-4068-9847-417 6887B7BF4

posted by  fudge

Haha owned. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Wow, your sig is getting reeaaallly big(thank god I'm on broadband now!).

posted by  fudge

Id like to see him try that to a Viper SRT-10 and see what happens. :smoke:

posted by  SlipKnoT

and take that against a boosted S2000 :smoke:

posted by  Accord_Man

Psssshhhhh :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

and then he might as well try his luck with an f40, hoping the driver is new :hi:

posted by  odds

:laughing:

posted by  Accord_Man

my timeslip im on the righthttp://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/blackplague179/thtimeslip.jpggo t a pretty good 60' on that one (launch control helps)

posted by  black_plague

It's an addiction, I need to got to Sigoholics anonymous. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Just delete your sig cold turkey, that's what my friend dig... His life has never been better! :orglaugh:

posted by  odds

Your Message