hate

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  hate

i dont know whats up up with all these people hating civics on the forum. first I would like to say i own one Ex. Ive been hearing people talk shit, I never diss anybodies car but lately people have been dissing mine. People say all this shit about how american muscle is awsome and all that. american muscle cars are fast i admit my ex would get smoked , but the reasom i bought it was for a project I like cars that you can work on add spped customize instead of getting a 300 horsepower muscle car. I dont pull up to people thinking im the shit either. also why nobody disses eclipse or talon when they put turbo on car but when someone puts it on civic its like oh ricer and all that shit. BTW the guys with muscle cars mod their cars too by putting supechargers sticking out of the hood and no one has a problem wit that but u mod civic everyone hates.

posted by  ToshoRcing

it happens because alot of people are close minded....

posted by  black_plague

I tend to not worry about what others think when it comes to my honda. ive been told i waste money on shit but i like it so i don't care. People do diss talons and eclipses but civics are more common to the annoying person that pulls up next to you with a fart can and revs the engine thinking they are faster than you. Prove them wrong and blow them away. Or jsut f*ck em...let them speed off and you can just cruise. :thumbs:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

:clap: :clap: Bravo... this attitude is a breath of fresh air. Just don't get lured into flaming back when the anti-rice brigade really fire up.

posted by  windsonian

im sure oomba will soon enough grace us with his opinion on this thread

it's just the "ricers" giving the legitimate tuner folks a bad rep...

posted by  dodger65

Its stupid to tune a Civic. They are not meant to be sports cars. But as long as they arent riced and you dont act like its going to be a good car, I dont have a problem with it.

posted by  Oomba

Civic - Made to be economy car.
Eclipse/Talon - Made to be sports car.

Thats why.

posted by  nsupra27

That us the stupidest thing I have ever heard

posted by  99integra

Why? Because its true?

posted by  Oomba

not true just opinion

posted by  ToshoRcing

also i saw an eclipse spyder get smoked by a si

posted by  ToshoRcing

Let me say this again, the Civic was made for one MAIN reason, for fuel efficiency, was never meant to be fast. The Eclipse/Talon was made to be a nice sporty looking car that was pretty fast, fuel efficiency not being the main concern.
You get it yet?

posted by  nsupra27

Yes it is true. Nobody classifies a Civic as a sports car, everyone classifies the Eclipse as a sports car.

And Spyders suck

posted by  Oomba

there is alot of modified cars that arent considered sport cars

posted by  ToshoRcing

Listen to me, yes it was made for fuel efficiency, BUT, they have made so many performance parts for them that it is a good tuner, a lot of the people do rice it up with bodykits and such but there are real racers out there

posted by  99integra

the car had evolved into a tuner there are a million parts for it more than a talon

posted by  ToshoRcing

Any REAL racer isnt dumb enough to race on the street.

posted by  nsupra27

True, i will admit that there are a LOT of ricers, but there are the few that go to the SCCA and drag race em and win

posted by  99integra

And for a track racing, you would wanna go with whatever will give you the most speed. Civic, not good for it.

posted by  Oomba

Oh and Oomba your ****ing forum gave me a virus :cussing:

posted by  99integra

Are you sure you arent confusing a virus with spyware? Besides, you should have a firewall anyway. Just surfing the internet will give you spyware if your too stupid to have a firewall.

And if you really did get spyware from it, talk to the owners of PHPBB, or CJB who we use to redirect.

posted by  Oomba

It was a trojan, and it popped up after it took forever to load on your forum and it didn't do it on mine and I have a PHPBB

posted by  99integra

Take it up with CJB then. My site wont work if I straight up redirect it to phpbb, but if i redirect through cjb, then to phpbb it works.

posted by  Oomba

My biggest problem with civic owners is that many of them rice it up, then try to street race. The people who do turbo tend not to do it properly. Im singling out civics b/c i don't see nearly as much of any other car (domestics included) as the civic.

I still have a problem with people who like to improve the performance of their civic in general but im not discussing that.

posted by  importluva

Do you have the same problem with Accords...if they only get an intake, cat back exhaust and headers?

i dont understand why you single civic out. You have a prelude and iv seen a alot of those riced up but i dont single it out cause its ignorant

posted by  ToshoRcing

To me, the Prelude was the only Honda to actually have power, besides the NSX.

posted by  nsupra27

yeah s2000 sucks :screwy:

posted by  ToshoRcing

I forgot about that.
Oh well, it doesnt matter, im just trying to say Civics are not sports cars, they were never meant to be raced, or "tuned."
I guess now people consider them "tuner" cars, but to me there still just a Civic.
And yeah, a Civic can be fast, but with alot of money put into it. I would rather have a car that has power stock, and make it even faster, rather then have a car with no power, and actually give it some power.

posted by  nsupra27

Really? So I guess those people who run Civics/CRX's in the SCCA and WIN are wasting their time?

posted by  thunderbird1100

Yes. They are.

posted by  Oomba

Why do people always bring up SCCA? Those cars are almost the complete opposite of stock, and have almost no parts on them that are from a stock Civic.

posted by  nsupra27

So the Civic Type-R was made not to be a road/track car? IT was meant to just go get groceries and get 30mpg even though it had engines producing over 100hp/liter and redline of 8000rpms and up? How about the Civic Si???

You have very baseless and frankly asinine arguments.

An Eclipse RS/GS is NOT meant to be a sports car. Matter fact even a Civic EX w/ 127hp will give a GS/RS a great run for the money. A 160hp Si will leave an RS/GS in the dust. Now the new '06 200+hp Si will even leave GSX/GST's behind in the 1/4 and the twisties.

God you're dumb. You think SCCA racers use the best car for TOP SPEED when they get their cars??? NOOOOOO

They get what can handle good.

Very well said, and a ford probe is just teriffic

posted by  ToshoRcing

Wow, you sir, kid, are a moron.

Civic Type-Rs are like SRT-4 is to Neons, first of all. So they dont count.

And the 06 Civic Si has 197 hp, not 200+, whereas the GSXs/GSTs have 210. Now I could see the 06 Civic keeping up with a GS-T MAYBE, but no way will it keep up with a GSX in the 1/4.

posted by  Oomba

I'm talking about the GST and GSX, and the 160hp Si doesnt seem that fast, considering I raced one about a month ago and won by like a car and a half.

posted by  nsupra27

Wow, no wonder you are so ignorant. you dont even know the facts.

They have STOCK CLASSES IN THE SCCA YOU IMBECILE.

In the stock classes you are allowed VERY MINOR modifications.

The SCCA doesnt just consist of the speed world challenege Vipers and Corvettes you see on tv all the time!

Oh yes, because they leave stock suspension and tires on SCCA cars. Nice try, dumbass.

Besides, SPEED is important. SPEED wins races. If your top speed is 60 mph, it doesnt really matter how good you handle now does it? No. So dont try saying speed isnt important.

posted by  Oomba

60mph wow you know alot about cars

posted by  ToshoRcing

I was using it as an example for my point, dumbshit. Learn to read into things.

posted by  Oomba

what do u drive

posted by  ToshoRcing

Nothing at the moment

posted by  Oomba

Why does it matter if he owns a car or not? Just because he doesnt own a car doesnt mean he doesnt know anything about cars.
Also, what do you drive?

posted by  nsupra27

So you can't see that there's a certain sense of achievement if I get a car that has less power stock than yours, but with some effort, I can make it faster than your car?
You're saying you want the car maker to do all the work for you, and then it just becomes who can buy the better car, not who can make their car better.

posted by  windsonian

so how do you get to judge my car when you dont have anything

posted by  ToshoRcing

like i said i have a ex

posted by  ToshoRcing

Does it matter if I have a car? Why would it? I still have knowledge about cars. I'm sure most of the cars you judge you have never driven, so dont try that shit.

EDIT: I've driven a Civic Ex btw.

posted by  Oomba

did you see me say anything bad about any car NO unlike you

posted by  ToshoRcing

Okay, you must have no opinions about any cars in existence except for the one YOU own then, huh?

posted by  Oomba

yeah i guess so becauce if i do i keep them to myuself and look at the positives of the car, unlike you who loves to state your opinion on how much the suck

posted by  ToshoRcing

The 06 Si is rated with the new standard that no other company has adopted other than Porsche to my knowledge (cuts power down by about 4-5%). If used on the old rating system by SAE the actual power is around 208hp. Which is just as much as a GSX/GST but with 200-400lbs less weight, a much better gearbox and a LSD.

And a SRT4 is a neon still, just like a CTR is still a Civic. They count, they are built all on the same damn platform.

HANDLING is the most important thing in track racing. NO racing league cares ab out top end other than some IRL races and NASCAR. Cars dont TOP OUT on tracks. You think they build formula one cars for TOP SPEED or kart-like handling more? You think they push thier handling limits more or top speed? If geared right a Formula one car could reach 300mph most likely.

Yes, in fact in STOCK classes in the SCCA they DO have stock suspensions other than SHOCKS which are allowed to be changed (And most everyone ones the same TYPE of shock). All the tires are the same, racing slicks, usually 85% of the time the same Hoosier racing slick. You really dont know shit do you? You just spew opinions with no damn base whatsoever. Dont even try and comment on things about the SCCA. You havent made a smart argument yet about it!

man, you guys sure called it in the 3rd and 4th posts... :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

:mrgreen:

posted by  windsonian

I don't classify an Eclipse as a sports car. It's front wheel drive and weighs over 3500lbs. Thats way too lardy to be called a sports car. A Civic weighs 1000lbs less than that and would spank the Eclipse on Auto-X.

posted by  fudge

You are an ignorant fool.

Even Honda was racing Civics in SCCA, IMSA, and FIA road racing as early as teh '70s, and they've been successful ever since. In fact, the Civic S of the '70s was the precursor to the Si in the '80s and '90s, and all of them were designed specifically with stock class road racing in mind.

Both you and Oombah have no clue, and have formed opinions without having an ounce of actual knowledge OR research.

Either STFU or open your mind to reality. The Civic wasn't the first "economy car" to spawn factory performance variants designed for racing, and have tuners using it as a basis for making even faster cars. The original Mini was a prime example. Even the VW Beetle had a HUGE racing following, but it's successor, the Rabit/Golf generated the GTi which was the modern popularization of the "hot hatch." But even though they were and are all successful racing cars in stock form and great basis for building even faster racing cars, they were indeed all economy cars first.

See, economy cars have a few things going for them as platforms to build performance cars from. The first and foremost being light weight. it takes less power to make less weight go fast. it takes less suspension mods to control light weight in the corners. And coupes and sedans with fixed roofs are stiffer and more structurally suited to being rigid platforms for more accurate handling than open top sports cars, or larger cars with separate frames.

In America, the factories took basic, cheap economy cars like Tempests, Chevy II's and Falcons and put big engines in them to make musclecars. People like you think THAT'S a valid way to make a performance car, but it's no different.

Two things wrong with this statement: you don't need to spend a lot of money to make a Civic fast. You CAN spend a lot of money, but it's not necessary, as people racing in the Grassroots Motorsports $200x Chalenge have proven. It's a modern myth that it takes $20-30k into a Civic (or any economy car) to make it as fast as a stock Camaro or Mustang.

Secondly, some people find much more personal satisfaction in taking something cheaper/slower and making it into something faster. If you don't have the skill or knowledge to do so, then buy what you have to to get the same result. But insulting those who DO have the skill and desire to shows you to be a small minded moron. Are you a moron? Or are you a intelligent automotive enthusiast who wants to learn more about cars? The choice is up to you.

posted by  ChrisV

well it looks like chrisv just owned some people.....and as for preludes they might have power but they are also heavy you have to take that into consideration

posted by  black_plague

It's funny to see people with little or no racing or tuning experience saying which cars are meant for tuning and racing and which aren't.

posted by  fudge

lol *cough* Oomba *cough* :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Uh-huh, so I guess every car built on GMs beta platform is the same car. Every car built by Chrysler group is the same car because theyre built on the Lx platform. Right...

posted by  Oomba

like chris said you are small minded, if you doent want a car to customize and add power than by mustang or camaro instead of talking shit about civics. also i notice a ford probe in your sig whats so special about it?

posted by  ToshoRcing

God you're damned moron....

The Integra/RSX is based on the Civic PLATFORM. Very different cars (bodywork), but based on the same platform. The Civic Si/CTR are basically the same CAR as a Civic EX/LX/DX just with a little differences. It's like taking an EX and doing as motor swap and enhancing the handling.

The SRT4 is to a neon as what a CTR/Si is to a Civic EX/LX/DX...same damn platform, just tuned differently. With some minor bodywork changes here and there.

J-Body is another good axample. The Cavalier and Sunfire are built on the same J-Body platform and use most of the same parts, but have very different bodywork (like the RSX is to Civic).

This thread is becoming a joke. :roll:

posted by  nsupra27

Yea, sometimes i regret having bought a prelude, sometimes im happy that i saved atleast one from the ricers. Its sad what some people do to them :ohcrap:.

posted by  importluva

ok we get the point for some reason you like stock cars then if someone has one mod you start saying oh ricer this and that, people do what they want with their cars nobody has a problem with your stock lude

posted by  ToshoRcing

Just shut up, its no use

posted by  99integra

spyder's? ha i bet it'll kill your car!

posted by  silvia_star

That is one of the smartest things I've heard on this forum. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Why can't we all get along??? We are all here for pretty much the same reason...a passion for automobiles. :banghead:

posted by  elchango36

you people won't know the meaning of rice till you come down here to new zealand people praise it over here. for every 200 meters of road you will hear a fart can, see a huge rear wing, and get blinded by 23 inch chromes on a crx

posted by  ahoo

a car's a car.. get used to it..

you can upgrade anything to be quick or make anything fuel efficient, doesn't matter what it is, who makes it, what it was made for or how much money you've got to spend.

stop being such a bunch of ****tards and learn to love cars for the simple reason of them being cars, LEARN TO LOVE THEM ****ERS!

posted by  HyundaGuy

"Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends? Woo hoo hoo, Whoo hoo hoo" :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Yeah especially with people like you who reckons Civics aren't meant to be tuned or raced despite your lack of racing experience.

posted by  fudge

Hey Oomba and Nsupra, go back to autoforums and just stay in that little hole with your anti rice shit

posted by  99integra

so you like fart cans, erector set wings, giant rims, and no power? :mrgreen: or did you mean "anti tuner" or "anti honda"? :laughing: :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

I dis Eclipses and Talons alllll the time. Actually, I dis any Mitsubishi product :laughing: I just dont like them.

But about the Civics, yes I like them sometimes. But the only ones I dis are the ones that think theyre the shit. AKA Ricers. I dont have a problem with them that much, and if its what you like, then by all means do what you want.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Why don't you respond to me factually instead of rolling your eyes?

Oh, that's right. You CAN'T, because you don't have the brainpower.

posted by  ChrisV

Yes, he does.

I love how people think that because im against slow shitty cars, that im against imports in general :banghead:

posted by  Oomba

I frased it wrong :banghead:

posted by  99integra

tippin on 44's lol

posted by  ToshoRcing

No one said that. No one likes you because you base your "opinions" on just that. An unformulated, baseless opinion.

posted by  hondaman

I dont care if anyone likes me. But dont try to say im anti-import because I'm anti-Honda.

posted by  Oomba

Im not against mods, i wouldn't have bought either of my cars if i didn't think they have decent mod potential. My cars are stock right now because im flat broke! Its not easy paying for your cars and out-of-state tuition for college my friend.

What i consider rice is 3 tvs on the inside, a park bench on the back, altezza lights, slammed to the ground, outrageous bodykit, etc. If a car is modded it has to be done properly and proportionally. That is lacking among most "tuners".

posted by  importluva

Maybe if you asked some ****ing questions I would respond, your whole post was about how much you love Civics, and how much I dont give a shit about them, the ****ing SCCA, or any of that bullshit.

posted by  nsupra27

Where in my post did I say I love Civics? You'r' just another ignorant POS who thinks that insulting something is ok, but whines when it's turned back on you. You have ZERO knowledge, which is why instead of giveing a rebuttal to the facts posted, you cry like a bitch. So I guess that's what you are A crying bitch. Thanks, and haev a nice f*cking day. :thumbs:

Of course you don't give a shit about the SCCA or FIA and road racing, as doing so would lay your arguement against this particular car to waste. It would mean you had to actually KNOW something, and we can't have that, now can we?

STFU bitch.

posted by  ChrisV

ROFLMAO CHRIS HAS DONE IT AGAIN.... :laughing:

posted by  C c C

Oh no! Im so offended by some internet queer.
Why dont you drop this SCCA and FIA and talk about people you know, and people that arnt ****ing sponsored. :banghead:

posted by  nsupra27

Wow ignorance is now gleaming.

You think those people with 1987 CRX Si's in G-stock are SPONSERED? Most of the cars in stock classes are NOT sponsered. It's just guys who want to race on some weekends! They buy a $500 junker than runs, throw an exhaust on it, throw some great shocks to it and buy two sets of Hoosier slicks and have race car for under $2500.

Ah damn...

Seeing posts like this makes me wish that mothers would be more careful with alchohol consumption during pregnancy...

posted by  hondaman

Snap! :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Those arent the CRXs and Civics you guys are going on and on about, though, are they?

posted by  Oomba

You REALLY need to stop arguing about things you have zero knowledge of. it only makes you look even more ignorant (as if that's possible).

BTW, I've been in the SCCA for 27 years, and been an SCCA and BSCC driving instuctor. I personally know many SCCA national champions, and a number of the competitors in the Grassroots Motorsports Magazine $200x Challenge. I *am* talking about people I know, and also talking from decades of direct experience in autocross, road race, and rallye.

You, on the other hand, are merely talking out your ass.

Get a clue, asshat.

posted by  ChrisV

Actually, yes, they are. We're talking about the fact that the cars have been successful racers for decades, and the factory designed them that way. That's what the whole S, Si, SiR and Type R variants were ABOUT. From the early '70s until now. You could buy an S, Si, SiR, or Type R, slap on some race tires and go road racing successfully, even in classes that included cars like BMW 3 series.

posted by  ChrisV

DUH, did you not look at the webpage(s) i posted!! This is why it's pointless to post FACTUAL INFORMATION to you. You just ignore it!

Holy shit, you will never get it... :screwy:

posted by  nsupra27

Okay I just jumped into and read this thread and damn some of these people(I won't mention any names ) are just being f***ing ignorant. Leave the people that want to setup a cheap race car alone. It's something they love to do on the weekends and it's cheap so it may not break the budget that they do have cause they may have a family to support where they can't throw every last penny into their car. In my opinion I like the way civics look. Look at steven papadakis and his hatch. That car is nice. I say just let people have their fun with the civics. If I had enough money I would buy an '89 si and turn it into a little mess around car.

posted by  Spanky2324

Wait what was this thread about again? :doh:

posted by  GreekWarrior

People hatin on civics.

posted by  Spanky2324

Oh I see, another pointless thread.

posted by  GreekWarrior

:screwy: WTF are you on about now?

posted by  fudge

As my mother repeatably reminded me "if you can't do it better, don't criticise those that can".

So for all those that have a hatred for Hondas et al, get out and build a factory, employ thousands of people and make a motsa out of selling the perfect vehicle for all occasions.

posted by  Wally

indeed, my daddy always said "Every action has a reaction", that's why i know that you have to mod EVERYTHING when modding the engine.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I hate Honda so I should go out and make my own car company? No logic in that whatsoever.

Even though making my own car company is a dream of mine, like Shelby and Saleen, its impossible to make a car thats perfect for all occasions. The point I'm making is that Honda Civics and Accords are NOT racecars, theyre intended as daily driving econoboxes, and nothing more. I hate when people act like theyre the best thing since the invention of the internal combustion engine.

posted by  Oomba

Sure Civics and Accords ORIGINAL intentions were meant from getting from point A to B with good economy and perfect reliabilty. That doesnt mean they cant make models for fun on the weekends auto-xing or stock/modified class SCCA racing (Civic Si, Civic Type-R, Accord SiR/Type-R).

No production car intended for street use is a racecar. That doesnt mean any car cant be transformed into a full blown 8 second beast or just a fun stock class Solo II SCCA car. Ignore all the ricers who dont know WTF they are talking about (seems to where you get all your misinformation and hated of Hondas...).

Point is, in the end some Civics are built to get the best MPG (DX/LX/EX models in specific). Some Civics are built to have a little fun in and possibly win some auto-x events (Civic Si). Some Civics are built INTENDED for a lot of track use (Civic Type-R). This still doesnt mean you cant turn a Civic DX into a successful stock class Solo II car.

You guys need to read about Soichiro Honda then make up you mind whether there's a bit of race pedigree in there or not.

posted by  Wally

Doesnt matter. The Civic and Accord is designed to be an economy car. The Si and Type-R were made to give the people that like their fuel economy a little balls on the weekend.

posted by  Oomba

Economy and performance-that's like having your cake and eating it.

posted by  fudge

Yeah, because you get such great fuel economy going at nearly 4000rpms o nthe highway with a CTR or when racing in auto-x (and winning) at 8000rpms getting excellent mileage. you're right the first thing on Honda's mind when they built the CTR was fuel economy... :screwy:

:laughing:

posted by  99integra

Your Message