Honda Prelude

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Honda Prelude

Hey just wandering what you guys thinking about me getting a 1992 Honda Prelude. Its going for 2k in the paper. Dos that seem like a reasonable price? I know it's a poor mans sports car and every thing but that what I am a......... poor man.
Any way im going to go look at it. So we'll see if I get it or not. Any body ever herd of any problems with the car. All the reviews I read sed it was awesome except for the rear seat.

posted by  stevenbob0

y not get a carfax report.

posted by  kimimaru

Do they help that much. I never used it before.

posted by  stevenbob0

its always a good idea to check out the carfax report of used cars before buying them. Thats what i did before i bought my 240sx :thumbs:

a 92 Prelude going for $2k...the price seems good...too cheap to be true actually cuz people are jacking up prelude prices even tho they dont actually worth that much...its the same for 240sx also...donno what people are thinking. My bro bought a 92 prelude before for almost $4k, and that POS came with a spare tire...the paint was DULL looking, kinda like spray paint to me. everything else was coo...its just that the engine went unusually HOT at times, so he sold that peace of junk and bought a 240sx.

Good luck testing the prelude out

posted by  nissanTFsx

I'm guessing this is a Prelude S? If so, dont bother with it. If you're getting a PRelue at least get the h23a Si model.

posted by  thunderbird1100

whats rong with the S. Is it just the engin. How much difrents do the type of engins make.

posted by  stevenbob0

Variable timing a.k.a. V-TEC :wink2:

posted by  99integra

The Si only has about 25 more hp.
And if its in good condition, with decent miles i'd say go for it.

posted by  nsupra27

Its a good car but the price you are getting it for seems to be really good, see here (http://research.cars.com/go/crp/safety.jsp?makeid=18&modelid=217&year=1992 &crpPage=summary.jsp&aff=national). If you want a fast car you are in the wrong price range anyway but preludes are nice, i know, i own one :mrgreen:

PS: Preludes hold their value better than RX7s, wtf?

posted by  importluva

I don't like the ludes tail lights on the older models...the late 90's early 00's tail lights look much better.

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

If that the only thing that you don't like about it then i might buy one. The guy that was selling it had already sold it. Bummer but i will keep looking around.

posted by  stevenbob0

Your Message