This will piss alot of you Honda guys off....

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  This will piss alot of you Honda guys off....

I found this on eBaymotors, and thought I would post it to see what you guys think about.

CRX project (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-CRX-with-Small-Block-Chevy-Project-FAS T_W0QQitemZ4573477865QQcategoryZ6255QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Is it a good idea or bad idea? And why do you think so?

I think its awesome. Ive never seen anything like it done before.

posted by  SlipKnoT

:hi: I like it a lot, is it a 350 in there?

posted by  99integra

Yeah it is. I would have liked it better if it was 302 :laughing: :mrgreen: :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Hey that is pretty cool. I like when people become unique and start puttin american engines into imports. I say it should be a 400 though.

posted by  Spanky2324

How would that piss off anyone??

I love Hondas and their great products, but damn it's always nice to see something new and powerful. But yeah, I've actually seen a SBC into a CRX done before in person. Lots of fabrication and work but when it's done it's just sick!

posted by  thunderbird1100

That idea might be somewhat harder.... :ohcrap: Im sure its pretty hard to do right now too. Finding the right transmission to fit in it as well has a drivshaft, and rear axle.

posted by  SlipKnoT

I'd take it.

THATS saying something.

posted by  Oomba

Well that response was expected from you :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

I think its cool, i had a plan like that (still do) a few months ago (have a thread about it on here). Want(ed) to swap a 350 sbc into a '95 Civic Coupe but keep it stock looking.

posted by  car_crazy89

potential beast but that auto needs to go

posted by  importluva

If I had to pick an import car to swap a V8 into, I would have to say it would be a 2002-05 Honda Accord or a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Seeing as how they have bigger engine bays.

posted by  SlipKnoT

I'm pissed off! :cussing: :fu: :cussing:

Nah not really :mrgreen: , I say get it, it's something different. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Seen it done already, in a CRX that can turn corners...

http://evilallianceracing.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album12/DSCN0398.sized .jpg

http://evilallianceracing.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album12/DSCN0399_001.s ized.jpg

Very fast, and built for under $2000 total, including cost of the CRX.

I've always wanted to put a Chevy DZ302 in a '93-95 Civic Coupe, so it revs higher than the VTEC engine ones. ;)

posted by  ChrisV

Damn, how high does it rev?

posted by  GreekWarrior

In essentially stock form, the DZ 302 can rev to about 8000 rpm, and with a couple cheap tweaks, I've seen daily driver DZ302 powered Camaros rev to 9000 rpm. I even built a 9000 rpm DZ302 clone (using a 327 block and 283 crank) for use in a Porsche 914 conversion.

Since teh average ricer and honda fan doesn't think a pushrod V8 can rev much, it'd be fun to build a mildly modded pushrod engine civic that revs higher than a mildly modded VTEC one.

posted by  ChrisV

Damn, imagine what that would sound like. :hi:

posted by  GreekWarrior

that CRX didn't piss me off the slightest, now i wanna get a CRX and a 350small block and make a phat honda.

posted by  HyundaGuy

i think it would haul with that v8

posted by  lamboluver

Your Message