how long do honda really last

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  how long do honda really last

I would like to know how long do honda's really last? I have a 1998 honda civic ex with 130000 miles on it I've never had any problems out of it. I've only done basic servicing such as oil changes and timing belt along with water pump. I also had to replace a cracked exhaust manafold a few weeks back. I would like to keep the car for at least 2 more years.

posted by  watts3000

Hondas usually last a very long time, so as long as you take good care of it you should get two more years out of it.

posted by  nsupra27

Ive seen a few past 400,000 miles.

posted by  SlipKnoT

If that's all you've been doing since you got it, it'd be best if you take it and got a full tune up and everything. From alignment to transmission fluid. It'd be a good idea, especially if you want to keep it for two more years. Try to stick to the schedule they provide you with. If you can't find it, ask them to give you one. Usually every three thousand miles you need to get your oil changed, check belts and what not.

The Japs like to get every little detail in. When I bought my car, they told me everything I'd possibly have to do. Comparing that to when we got a Ford Windstar back in '01, pfft. They gave us the keys, took a picture, and we left. Shitty.

Do yourself a favor if you want the best out of this car. Get it looked at and inspected, and it could quite possibly last you more then two years.

posted by  Godsend

Drive it like an old lady, and keep with scheduled tune-ups and oil changes.

posted by  Oomba

MY 1990 Accord just passed 222,000 miles and still has yet to have a single problem. Just did routine main. (oil change every 5000)...

Driven HARD too from day one.

Been lugging around 200lbs of audio equipment too for a few years.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I forgot to mention I have had a full tune up done plugs wires the whole 9.

posted by  watts3000

Honda car last forever. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

i have a civic, and it has 161000 miles on it, and i have had very little trouble with it, replaced the radiator, distributor coils, and the exhaust. it has been driven hard since it was new

posted by  Tooyoung225

Your Message