Car under $3k

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Car under $3k

Whats a fast car under $3k that gets atleast 20mpg.

posted by  sandman5000

Acura Integra
Older Honda Prelude
Dodge Neon DOHC is a 150 horse engine but get the stick version because auto is only 3-speed
my neon gets 30 miles per gallon
its a 1998 63k miles
auto

posted by  6000LE

You know the Neon is a turd right?

posted by  99integra

neons aren't fast

posted by  jedimario

I've found some civics with a lot of mods on 'em for under $3k. Good luck :thumbs:

posted by  odds

90-94 eclipse, talon, laser AWD turbo. i used to own one. just be sure the transmission (5spd) hits all the gears nicely

posted by  glagon1979

CRX is a quick little car and it gets more than 30mpg

posted by  V-TECH

My best bet would be a 1st gen Eclipse GSX/Talon TSi AWD.

posted by  nsupra27

on the contrary
my neon is fast
and i only put like 500 into it i got it for 2000
so there

posted by  6000LE

On the contrary, its a ****in turd

posted by  99integra

Ditto that.

posted by  Bino

You're the ricer who made the rice club thread right?

No, your Neon isnt fast.

posted by  Oomba

your mom said different
and youre a fag
i dont even know why you are still in this forum

posted by  6000LE

screw you

posted by  6000LE

Good comeback :banghead:.
Now, why are YOU still on this forum captain rice?

posted by  99integra

You would hoe :fu:

posted by  99integra

cause im not a dumb **** like you all
i dont eve know why im still here
all of you people dont know shit
all you do is make fun of other peoples cars
no usefulk advice coming from you all

posted by  6000LE

BuddyClubNeonCTM: on the copntrary my neon is fast
Stevens Integra: on the contrary, no it isn't
BuddyClubNeonCTM: you havent seen it so you wont really know now can you
BuddyClubNeonCTM: ****ing ass
Stevens Integra: show me then
Stevens Integra: it is a ****ing 3 speed automatic
BuddyClubNeonCTM: and...
BuddyClubNeonCTM: ok il show u
Stevens Integra: okay then
BuddyClubNeonCTM: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/259251/1
BuddyClubNeonCTM: there crackhead
Stevens Integra: you little boy racer bitch
Stevens Integra: you just said it was a 3 speed automatic
Stevens Integra: that is a 5pd
BuddyClubNeonCTM: it was a 3 speed
BuddyClubNeonCTM: till i got it converted
Stevens Integra: i don't see any engine mods
Stevens Integra: or suspension
Stevens Integra: or tranny
BuddyClubNeonCTM: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/259251/6
BuddyClubNeonCTM: engine
BuddyClubNeonCTM: read them!
Stevens Integra: thats it?
Stevens Integra: all that would raise it like 40 hp if you are lucky
BuddyClubNeonCTM: so im at almost 200
BuddyClubNeonCTM: thats not bad for a 2 liter
BuddyClubNeonCTM: a S2000 gets that much
BuddyClubNeonCTM: and besides
Stevens Integra: an s2000 is not a lil commuter
BuddyClubNeonCTM: even stock my DOHC 2.0 has 150 horsepower where a Civic gets 115
Stevens Integra: it is a kick ass handling car
Stevens Integra: ooh wow
BuddyClubNeonCTM: an integra maybe 140
BuddyClubNeonCTM: i know all about them i drove one before
Stevens Integra: ooh, i am impressed, take into consideration that the integra has a 1.8 liter
Stevens Integra: and you have a what
BuddyClubNeonCTM: VTEC tho
Stevens Integra: yeah
BuddyClubNeonCTM: and im running a 2.0 DOHC
Stevens Integra: but that doesn't matte
BuddyClubNeonCTM: so what
BuddyClubNeonCTM: yo im pushing almost 200 out of a 2 liter
BuddyClubNeonCTM: S2000 has a 2.2 240 horse
BuddyClubNeonCTM: even the older ones are 2.0 240 horse
BuddyClubNeonCTM: but i paid way less
BuddyClubNeonCTM: and im gona drop my car anyway even more i wana get air bags and coilovers
Stevens Integra: whoa back up
BuddyClubNeonCTM: or whatever
Stevens Integra: the integra has a 1.8 liter pushing out 140 hp stock
Stevens Integra: your little shitty neon has a 2.0 pushing 150
BuddyClubNeonCTM: ok
Stevens Integra: that sucks
BuddyClubNeonCTM: listen lets take it this way
BuddyClubNeonCTM: a neon stock on stick DOHC is like 2000 dollars
BuddyClubNeonCTM: an integra stock on stick same year nad milage is like 4500-5000
Stevens Integra: integra
Stevens Integra: better quality
Stevens Integra: dodge neon
Stevens Integra: shit box
Stevens Integra: econo car
BuddyClubNeonCTM: bro if i put another 2500-3000 into my neon to make it faster than a S2000
BuddyClubNeonCTM: i dun give 2 shit about quality'
BuddyClubNeonCTM: i care about the enjoyment of the ride
Stevens Integra: hah
BuddyClubNeonCTM: if it breaks i toss it out
Stevens Integra: and you would take a neon over an integra
Stevens Integra: you a dumbass
BuddyClubNeonCTM: just cause u had an integra doesnt mean its the greatest car
BuddyClubNeonCTM: integras are nice
BuddyClubNeonCTM: but i would only take a GSR or a Type-R
Stevens Integra: christ didn't you read the wrestlers thread
Stevens Integra: i didn't have no goddamn integra
BuddyClubNeonCTM: im not one of those ppl that is gona bag on every other car
BuddyClubNeonCTM: im open minded so if u got something to say
BuddyClubNeonCTM: prove it with facts
Stevens Integra: lemme find my website then
Stevens Integra: hold on
BuddyClubNeonCTM: dont just go "VTEC= virtually torqueless economy car" like oomba does
Stevens Integra: whoa, you ****ing retard, when did i say i didn't like the VTEC
BuddyClubNeonCTM: no i am just comparing
Stevens Integra: http://www.automotive.com/1999/12/acura/integra/specifications/
BuddyClubNeonCTM: like im not gona g o and bag on other cars becuase i have my own little opinioin
BuddyClubNeonCTM: and how does that prove anytihng
Stevens Integra: http://www.internetautoguide.com/car-specifications/09-int/1998/dodge/neon/
Stevens Integra: there is your shitty neon
BuddyClubNeonCTM: listen my neon in its current state can take any integra that i know
Stevens Integra: uh huh, can you prove it
BuddyClubNeonCTM: you gona interrupt or finish listening to what i gota say?

Stevens Integra: finish bitch
BuddyClubNeonCTM: yo **** you
Stevens Integra: you would asswipe
BuddyClubNeonCTM: just cause neon has a bad reliability history dont mean shit
BuddyClubNeonCTM: cause i plan on replacing half of the shit in it
Stevens Integra: just finish your ****ing sentacnce
BuddyClubNeonCTM: so it wont break down
BuddyClubNeonCTM: so you can suck a cock
Stevens Integra: wow, words spoken from a true intelligent person
BuddyClubNeonCTM: bullshitter
Stevens Integra: uh huh
Stevens Integra: like i said
Stevens Integra: i didn't have a ****ing integra
Stevens Integra: can't you read
BuddyClubNeonCTM: well you seemed so sure of it last time
BuddyClubNeonCTM: go **** yourself
Stevens Integra: mmm
BuddyClubNeonCTM signed off at 3:22:07 PM.

All spoken from a boy racer :banghead:

posted by  99integra

and you want to prove exactly what

posted by  6000LE

To show that ignorance is bliss

posted by  99integra

I read the 4th page of you car domain. You call nitrous "nos". What a ricer

posted by  Oomba

Exactly

posted by  99integra

let me call it Nitrous Oxide or N2O
that way i can be really cool
cause half of the idiots just looking at my page wont know what the hell im talking about :thumbs:

posted by  6000LE

Why not just call it nitrous. That way you dont sound like a tool who takes TFATF seriously :thumbs:

posted by  Oomba

you have no room to talk
im just wondering what cars do you like
what do you drive
is it that bike in your sig

posted by  6000LE

look why don't we stop arguing since we all know that neon sux nuts. If 6000LE thinks neon is better than an integra then he could think that. In about a year when his shitty neon break down and he will see an integra drive by, then he will understand why integra is a lot better. RELIABILITY Not to mention the neon looks terrible. :clap:

posted by  V-TECH

my neon looks awesome number 1
number 2 i alreay have my next car in my garage
2000 Acura 3.2 TL chrome rims coming

posted by  6000LE

ohh so u know that the shitty neon will break down so u are prepared...
and ohh yeah crome rims what a waste of money rice 3.2 TL

posted by  V-TECH

3.2 TL is a luxury car
but your poor ass pro0bbably doesnt know what that is
I work for a very large company
so i get paid well
so i got the TL
so stfu
my neon is to drive to school
gota finish senior year with something.
and i was offered 6 thousand for my neon before

posted by  6000LE

and how are chrome rims rice
dickweed

posted by  6000LE

why not stop spending money on the appearance and spend the money on the performance. I haven't dropped more than 20 into the appearance of my car b/c i want it to be faster and more enjoyable to me. A real car enthusiast wouldn't put their money into the appearance.

jsut because he likes a neon and others don't doesn't mean you have to rip on him for it. i love accords but there are tons of people that don't like them. I don't let it get to me.

and there is no way in hell your neon can beat an integra. Hp doesn't mean everything...what matters is the power to weight ratio. Also jsut because it says you get 150 hp with your neon doesn't mean your getting that. there are so many factors that lower your hp. i like to think my accord is around 150hp but im sure its lower. but i know my accord is quick b/c it has a 2.2L engine and a light body. though id never say i could beat an integra. but i would like to say i could beat your neon lol. :laughing:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

see that kind of argument i can go with
unlike 99integra who just thinks that hes always right

posted by  6000LE

Haha know whats funny bout that, the ignorance your bitch ass is filled with, where have I ever said that I was right about everything? :evil:

posted by  99integra

in your enormous ego

posted by  6000LE

Power to weight ratio is most important. Transmission is also very important. Alot of power can be lost from crank rating to the wheels.

PS- Chrome rims arent rice, theyre just retarded.

posted by  Oomba

So I guess all those early gen C5's with the chrome five spoke wheels are retarded :banghead:

posted by  thunderbird1100

Hey there. Don't mean to get flamed, but I just find it kinda funny that this argument is between someone who made a bs club thread, and thinks his Neon is 200hp due to the blue lights under his seats and someone who lies about his age and his car and doesn't even legally drive yet. :screwy:

No damage meant to be done, just having some fun. :mrgreen:

Nissan_Altima

posted by  Nissan_Altima

yea mike im gona rip the neon tubes and the system out of ur car
lol
and i put a chip in my engine in your absense as well. remember i told you i was getting the free parts from the dude at the district. well some of them started coming through. :smoke:

posted by  6000LE

Well, I think he did do some performance mods...but I must address this point.

Now, I don't know exactly what you have done to the engine...but I find it rather odd that you even try to compare a 250 hp S2000 with a 190 (maybe) hp Dodge Neon. That is still a 60 horsepower difference. You're not getting some kind of special deal there...that 250 hp S2000 would destroy you, even if your Neon were pumping out 250 hp along with it. The two cars were built for completely different things.

As for your Integra thing...no. Your Neon would not take EVERY Integra. Your 140 hp quote is right, for the stock one. I don't know how it is where you live, but most Integras I see are the 170 hp GS-R ones. Then there is the 195 hp Type-R, while yes not imported here, is still out there. So no, EVERY Integra will not fall before you.

Now I'm assuming that he wanted a fast car to start with, and while I'm sure your proud of yours, a stock Neon is not a fast car.

posted by  hondaman

I am well aware of that
read my post "Integra vs. Neon"

posted by  6000LE

Stock ones arent THAT bad.

posted by  Oomba

must you go against what everyone says
and this sint related to you but true the neon stock is not a fast car
but the DOHC is faster
just like the civic is not a fast car
neither the LX or the EX with the VTEC
neon wasnt made to be a performance car
neither was the civic
but the neon R/T thats part of ACR, i believe has a little relevanec to racing
thank you :2cents:

posted by  6000LE

No really??????

With all of 18 hp more? Hmm, I'm sure by about a tenth in the 1/4.

Really? So the Si and CTR have no "little relevanec to racing", but the more underpowered ACR does? The ACR has a good SCCA background, it was a tight handling car, but the Civic has more of a background; sorry :thumbs:

in my view civic is the most overestimated and overdone car teenagers can get their hands on. its just an oconomy car and everyone makes it rice. Si is a different story. im personally looking forward to the 2006 Si promised i believe 197 horsepower :) :drool: :2cents:

posted by  6000LE

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Now for a counterpoint. Neons are rather light, and the 150 hp versions, either ACRs or R/Ts can be rather quick quite easily. I know a lot of racers with them, and they are good economical platforms to build fun cars from: Levi Wait's Neon in the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge runs 12s in the quarter and cost less than $2k total (including the original cost of the car).

posted by  ChrisV

Well let me tell you something boy, I atleast have some common sense, you can't bullshit a bullshitter, that Neon is a slow piece of ass, and the Integra is more refined and a better performer ultimately

posted by  99integra

No offense Steve, you're amongst the most respected members here, but I would like to bring to your attention that (setting knowledge aside), at least he (6000LE) has a real car and a license to drive it.

Nissan_Altima

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Well lemme tell you somethin peanut, I do have a car, and legally no I cannot drive without a parent but I do it anyway, I will show ya'll my truck if you want me to

posted by  99integra

thank you :thumbs:

posted by  6000LE

oo a truck
how great
well let me tell YOU sometihng you POS
i taught this kid everything about cars. and you trying to be cool saying you have a car and drive it illegally isnt impressing anyone here as far as im aware. first you lie about having an integra and getting pulled over while racing becayse the car is not street legal, and getting it crushed. i like my car nad its fun to drive for me. you once again are a loser.

posted by  6000LE

not off the runway. thinking of cost. an integra worth 6000 will be a hell of a lot slower than a neon worth 6000

posted by  6000LE

You did NOT just say you taught me shit, I am not trying to impress anyone you retard, I think my truck is a damn good car, and lastly, you are just calling me a loser because of the fact that you can't put up a valid argument, get a life ass belonker....

posted by  99integra

I love this quote from an old Chevy ad referring to other cars in that particular model's class...I think it suits well here.

"Some other cars cost less, because that's what they're worth."

posted by  hondaman

that making a lot of sense because i dont care for reliability. i got the money to completely rebuild my car, why would an alternator or a headgasket bother me

posted by  6000LE

Because they cost money, and not to mention a big ass labor charge for the headgasket :screwy:

posted by  99integra

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

"costs less because that's what it's worth"

Worth-less.

posted by  hondaman

Once you have a car, you can figure out that a headgasket swap is pretty cheap if you do it yourself. The early neons had headgasket problems, which were mostly taken care of free by the factory. And any that haven' tbeen done can easily be upgraded with the newer design gasket. Like I said, I know of a lot of them going quite quickly for very little money.

I've liked Neons since they first came out. Any "economy car" introduced with a factory road racing package AND sponsorship is OK in my book. Theyve proven to be fun little cars that actually last a long time, and make great platforms to build from.

posted by  ChrisV

GOD I HATE THIS, I do have a 1993 Ford Ranger with the 2.3 liter I4 that has the infamous I-Beam suspension :banghead:

posted by  99integra

When he meant that he taught someone something, he was refering to me... That's pretty much true although I still don't know much, and that's the reason I'm here. As far as "your" truck is concerned, how about you get a license first before you start driving your daddy's car?

Nissan_Altima

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Uhh huuuh, you just stated something reaaal dumb. Does it ever come to mind peanut that maybe I have part time job? And maybe that the truck was only 3200 dollars, how the hell can I give you proof??

posted by  99integra

do the C4 thing

posted by  6000LE

Okay, it is 8 pm here so I will try and do it tomarrow

posted by  99integra

and learn to spell
noone cares if you have a bronco just like noone cares that i have a neon
i just dont want people calling it a turd for no reason
because this neon has no problems whatsoever
the engine is spotless = no oil or fluid leaks
headgasket is fine
and if i gota replace it ima do it myself and get a good one not just the generic crap

posted by  6000LE

Umm, you are telling me to learn how to spell??
If no one cares then just drop the proof shit, I will show you my cardomain page if you want. These are pics before I got it, at the dealership.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2054673

posted by  99integra

congrats
a truck with a but ass ugly interior
why get a truck if you arent gona haul anything
or do you plan to be a building contractor?

posted by  6000LE

Hey guys maybe some of you remember me i talked here for a bit and talked to a few of you but i have no harsh terms with anyone here... besides that i'd like to mention my car. I have a Honda Civic Ex 2 Dr Coupe. Now i'm probably going to get a lot of insults about my car because it's what you might not like. Well i'd like to mention also that as much as i know how slow my car is it does give out some pretty impressive performance for it's little engine. 1.6L v-tec as some of you might know it to be. Well my car is said to have 125 HP but i did a little modifications on it but i unfortunetly can't be too specific because i don't know. I got a new transmission on it that isn't stock for a more usual civic. My dad called up a few buddies and they installed some to help the engines performance with RPM or some shit i honestly don't know. All i know is when i drive it the car can gain speed fairly decent. Today is 9/19/05 and i go for my license test this sat the 24th (wish me luck please :thumbs: ). Now having no license doens't really stop me from driving as a lot of you can understand. About 2 weeks ago on a Friday i took the car out for about an Hour around 5, and i stopped at an interesection and a kid pulled up from school. Now my car is an automatic and the dude was driven a 96 Neon automatic too... i compared it on Autotrader.com and it turns out the car is supposed to be faster. Well light turns green and we both go at it. I think the guy floored it and i gave a smooth acceleration. I won by a great margin. Now i'm not here to brag i'm just here to make the point that a lot of drivers are very stupid and sorry to say it doesn't always depend on the car. I gaurantee if someone with a better driving experience was sitting in that car he would've smoked me... That just food for thought...
-Dmitry

posted by  95civicdima

well race and well see who wins nigga

posted by  6000LE

I never said i'd win...that wasn't the point...the point was that it takes more then the car. We should worry about our performance over who's car is bigger... it comes bout to our "male ego's" makes us look retarded, by the way alex.. your car would get wooped by any integra LOL! :fu: :laughing:

posted by  95civicdima

hey hey just cause u did my wireless network dont mean u can talk shit on me
:cussing:

posted by  6000LE

That sounds so gay... I can't believe you said that...I set up a few shits on his computers at his place..nothing gay..ever! Anyways this is about cars

posted by  95civicdima

how was that quote gay? and when are me and u and slio chillin

posted by  6000LE

Okay, see, I can take your opinion on my truck, I know that I like it so really your opinion doesn't matter, nor will it ever. And I bought a truck because 1.) I liked it 2.) Trucks are more useful in my opinion 3.) Because I liked how it drived and handled. Kay peanut

posted by  99integra

Are you driving it? Is it something you built yet?

You need to STOP talking smack until you have a bit more experience under your belt. You don't know enough to call ANY car crap, yet.

posted by  ChrisV

Uh huh, I am driving it, I plan on doing a 3 inch drop in the front and a 4 in the back with a flip kit.
And I may be young but I feel I should be able to express my own opinion against cars

posted by  99integra

youre still a tard
good bye
and in that case i can express my opinion against cars too
i dont like integras

posted by  6000LE

Umm, I never said you couldn't dumbass :screwy:

posted by  99integra

Just like Oombah expresing his opinion? I asked this before.

Why is it more important to express a negative opinion based on lack of experience, than it is to shut up and learn something? Why must random opinion be more important than knowledge? And why is it that expressing that opinion, even when you KNOW the people you're talking to know it's complete bullshit, be so all fired important enough to defend it?

You can express anything you want, but just saying "it's my opinion" doesn't excuse you from being a dumbass.

How about someone comes into the forum here and says "it's my opinion that all 4 cyl cars are slow and can never be fast. I had a 4 cyl car, it was slow, and so my opinion is right."

If you pointed out many fast 4 cyl cars, and they said "it's still my opinion I get to express my opinion!" would you think they were smart and worth listening to? Or would you think they were complete morons who don't care about facts as long as they can whine about being able to express any opinions they feel like?

People like you and STiMan seem to feel I just don't like opinions that are different from me. That's not true. I don't like opinions based on blatant bullshit and ignorance, designed to hate something because it isn't your favorite, and a person that holds such an opinion that is unwilling to learn the facts. Hell, even a retarded opinion PRAISING something is inexcuseable.

What if someone came on here and said they loved Slylines because they have such fast big v8 engines? If you pointed out they have 6 cyl turbo enignes and they said, "6 cyl engines aren't as fast as V8s. Since the Skyline is fast, it has a V8! That's my opinon!" again, would you think they were smart and worth listening to? Would you defend their opinion when someone points out that they are a moron for not listening to facts?

Or are, in fact, some opinions not worth the toilet paper it took to wipe them off your ass?

posted by  ChrisV

Because I have actually driven my aunts old 3 spd automatic and hated it

Did I ever state that opinion is better than knowledge?

Now I know you didn't just call me a dumbass because of the fact that you thought I was just speakin from opinion and not experience

Well that would be just plain ignorant and stupid now wouldn't it

True but what does this have to do with this little "discussion"

I need to clarify something, where the HELL have I thought that.That's not true.

Again I was open to be criticized and I was open for opinions but when they start pitchin a hissy fit then I seem to close up.

Then that would be the dumbest **** of all

Uh huh, every opinion should be noted and heard, no matter how dumb it is SIR

posted by  99integra

I still can't believe it... 99integra, you made up soooo much, it's just pathetic. Age, car, upgrades, what happened to it, how it did, what you are, etc. So much bullshit. How can you critizice someone else? Purely pathetic.

I even remember this one time one of the morons on this site dissed your car, said it never existed, and that it never ran no 8's. Everyone defended you, but he was right!

Anyway, before you do all this shit to your car, how about you get that little plastic card that says you can drive it? Till then, it's not your car, and you don't drive. End of story. :fu:

Nissan_Altima

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Well looky here, someone that cleary is not a day over 12, you know, older people like us, we don't use the pathetic :fu: sign, now if you want to talk like grown ups, then don't use that shit, capiche? And the only reason I did it is because it is so easy to lie on the internet that a lot of the people here are not what they say they are I would think. I didn't think I would take a big liking to CF so, what did I do, I lied, happy? AND, if you say that I don't have a car one more time I am gonna lose it because that is one thing I didn't lie about.

posted by  99integra

Mate, why are you here? You are even calling the people who you agree with on this site "morons". So who here would not be a moron? The people you disagree with are pathetic, and those you do are morons. I think you might have to take a long hard look at yourself.

posted by  windsonian

What I don't understand is that I am keeping my cool and he is loseing it, I will be happy to settle this shit, but in a more refined manner

posted by  99integra

I don't know how to quote 2 quotes at once, so I just picked this one. I am not, in any way shape or form losing it. Honestly, I don't even care about any cars. For the record, in terms of speed, my car sucks too. But, I don't lie about it. I don't say I have an engine swap, a turbo kit, etc, etc in it.

I'm not 12, and I'm older than you. I can actually drive... Older people like you? You're not even of legal driving age. Now in terms of your car, I'm not saying you don't actually have a truck. It's just that until you start legally driving and written on the insurance, it's not technically yours. At least in my opinion.

Mikey29a

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I'm not sure what that last line meant. Looking at me will do...what exactly? In terms of why I'm here, to learn more about cars. I'm sure this has mentioned by me multiple times before, at least once in this thread.

Now, refering to morons. That guy, not sure what his name was, was a moron. He got here to flame people and get himself purposely banned. Maybe C4, I don't remember for sure. The fact that he was right about 99integra being full of crap doesn't change that he was here to be a moron. He was probably just trying to cause trouble but was somehow right.

Nissan_Altima

posted by  Nissan_Altima

See I do have a permit, don't ask for pictures because i am not dumb enough to do that. It is legally mine because I paid it off and am on my mom and dads insurance plan. Now, again, the only reason I lied peanut is because I didn't think this forum would be so cool and addicting

posted by  99integra

Then why ARE you here?

posted by  hondaman

Its impossible for an opinion to be bullshit. You will never understand the seperation between fact and opinion, it seems.

Saying "I dont like 3 speed automatics" is an opinion
Saying "3 speed automatics have no benefits" is stating a fact, albeit false.

posted by  Oomba

Sorry, I meant about anybody's car. By this, I meant that I will never diss someone else's car, no matter what it is/what I personally think of it. As for why I'm here...

Nissan_Altima

posted by  Nissan_Altima

i have a 4 speed auto? wanna fight about it? lol :laughing:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Hell thats an extra gear

posted by  99integra

The last line is a colloquial expression ... don't worry.

posted by  windsonian

You have one? That OPINION isnt backed up by FACTS! Im ChrisV!

posted by  Oomba

No, that would be Jay-G :doh:

posted by  99integra

I really think that this highlighted segment is true. But, lest we forget, I am not the one who continues to bring this up. I stopped the flame war and showed maturity. I expected that this same thing wouldnt be brought up, but obviously one of us cant seem to cope with not arguing. I also find your constant use of the word "retard" offensive. I wish that you, ChrisV, will learn to realise that those members that once had respect for you are loosing it at a rapid pace due to your complete lack of not flaming/ being a dick on this issue.

Be mature and realise that you simply cant change the minds of everyone around you. Learn to share this space online for not only your opinions but those of others entitled to use this space. Understand? :wink2:

posted by  StiMan

Want to join my current ban on Chris' posts to me (you in this case). Just put a smiley up as soon as he starts to vent.

Yup. since you can't argue facts, ignore them. Beautiful.

posted by  ChrisV

Do I really care if a bunch of little idiots lose respect for me? It would mean I hadn't lost all respect for you first.

Funny thing is, every single one of you has jumped all over morons signing up here and spouting bullshit. Numerous times. Steven jumps all over 6000LE for spouting bullshit and for being stupid. But if we used the reasoning you are telling me here, 6000LE's "just expressing his opinion." But you don't think HIS opinion is valid, so you insult him and insult his car.

Yet you want me to treat YOU differently? You want to be able to express YOUR opinions wihout recourse? What a bunch of hypocrites.

You insult and slam others signing up here and spouting misinformation. The problem you have with ME is that I'm responding to YOU when YOU do the same thing. Now you, Steven, and thunderbird are mad at me for doing to YOU what you do to others. And you're are completely incapable of seeing that hypocracy.

Go ahead, shut me off. You don't want me to call you retards, don't act like retards. Can't make it any clearer. If you find the way I'm treating you insulting, take a good look at the fact that I'm RESPONDING to you acting like that to others. Ooooohhh "retard" is offensive to you? Well, closed minded bullshit based on lack of experience is offensive to ME, but you don't want to change THAT. So dnt' expect me to change my response to YOU.

Now, to you, Steven and Thunderbird: why do YOU work so hard to defend hating things that aren't your favorites? Why is that important to you? What are you really threatened by? That's what I don't respect, and I really don't give a shit if people who WANT to act that way don't respect me, as their opinions ceased to have any value to me.

Look under my name <------ Do you think I put that there because how you felt about me was more important than facts? I'm not in a f*cking high school popularity contest like some people here seem to be.

posted by  ChrisV

To tell you the truth I am really not mad, I am just tryin to solve the problem which seems very, well, frustrating. I do admit I do jump on people for no reason sometimes but when he showed me a pic of a 5spd manuel when he said it was a 3spd auto (which he later told me on IM that was not his car). Now for the point you are trying to make about me hating things that I don't like, no, not true, just most of the time if I express my opinion on it some little wiener has to jump on it and then it starts this mess.

posted by  99integra

Some little weiner? Like you've done innumerable times since joining here? And, as I said, it's not just you. Everyone with even a shred of knowledge jumps on people spreading misinformation. You jump on Oombah for being closed minded, but don't want to be jumped on for being closed minded, yourself?

Go ahead, Steven. Answer my last set of questions.

Oh, and remember when I said I wasn't going to disagree with any opinions, so that no one's feelings would get hurt? And you all whined that you wanted the old ChrisV back? Didn't think that would bite you in the ass, didja?

posted by  ChrisV

And you just stated something I have never said, to be honest I don't mind hearing out other peoples opinion

Just did

Its a helluva lot better than that shitty ass "everyone is right" attitude so to tell you the truth I don't mind

posted by  99integra

No, Steven, THESE questions:

why do YOU work so hard to defend hating things that aren't your favorites? Why is that important to you? What are you really threatened by?

i.e. why is it more important to you (enough to whine about it) to be able to express hateful, uninformed opinions, rather than spend time learning, and forming new, well rounded, educated opinions?

posted by  ChrisV

The only time I do that is when I state my opinion on something and if it isn't liked by others and they just start pitching a hissy fit, then I do my best to prove them wrong or atleast get them to consider what I am saying.

If I was threatened would I still be here or even replying to your posts?

Well apparently you can't see that I am trying to learn more as I go along, but it doesn't help if the people that express their opinions speak them so ignorantly

posted by  99integra

My goodness, what an interesting turn this thread has taken...

posted by  hondaman

No, you do that when you CAN;T prove them wrong, and in fact, can't return an intelligent rbuttal. If you don't have teh facts or the knowledge, then you whine that youre not being allowed to express your "opinion" or, like STiMan has done, claim that say, I "don't like" opinions different than mine.

What it comes down to is that if people have nothing to back up a particularly lame opinion, instead of coming up with well thought out points in rebuttal to facts laid out, THEN they fall back on the ""well I have the right to my opinion. and it can't be wrong becaeu it's just my opinion."

It's a cop-out specifically designed to close up and not learn.

You were threatened enough to pull the "but I'm just expressing my opinion" card instead of giving a well thought out response based on knowledge and experience.

Trying to learn? In this case even after I gave a perfectly calm, reasonable and non-insulting set of facts, and an opinion based on as much experience as I can bring to bear on it, you felt the need to continue to insult the car instead of th edriver, which was a blatant refusal to learn AND a direct affront to me even giving OUT calm, experienced knowledge.

See, I DO what you guys ask, which is to give out knowledge without insults, and with the benefit of my experience and research, and you shit all over it! And then you expect me to be nice to you in return?

posted by  ChrisV

Alright I am tired of arguing now, you are right about most of those things, and lets just say I will try to "learn" more before I open my mouth

posted by  99integra

Oh I get to do my first one already! Smart of you to go ahead and do this for a last shot, just like you, chris.

:wink2:

Seems like it always ends up that way when Chris starts a load of shit up.

"You know everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -Will Rogers

posted by  StiMan

One I NEVER "start" shit, I only respond to it. Looking at your responses too Oombah at the end of the Integra vs Neon thread, you are repeating the same kinds of things I say to you, which I find so amusing. You get mad at hin for repeating ignorant crap just because it's his opinion, but you get mad at me when I tell YOU that.

:clap:

Hypocrite.

posted by  ChrisV

Of course. Which is why you won't find me ARGUING about shit I don't know about, or have only formed rudimentary opinions on. You won't find me arguing about warships, or quantum physics, or medicine, or basket weaving, or photography. I'm not going to go on a medical message board and tell people that it's my opinion that you can cure a chest cold by rubbing grape jelley on your belly, and then whine about it just being my opinion when people tell me I'm wrong!

There's a thread here where I was discussing the learning curve I'm going to be building a Mega Squirt computer system for my Lexus V8 in my Comet. I simply don't know enough about it. So I go on the MegaSquirt mesage boards and ask a couple questions, learn what I can, and don't argue about anything.

Some people here should think on that before making statements about who's "starting crap."

Yes, everyone is ignorant about differnt things, That's why people should STFU until they are NOT uninfomrned, and quit forming unwavering, unassailable, unchangeable opinions based on nothing but conjecture and other opinions.

Again I ask why is it so important to hate things just because they aren't your favorites, and why is it so important to uphold opinions over knowledge? When did closed minded hatred become a virtue?

posted by  ChrisV

Funny stuff :mrgreen: You must not confuse robust and effervescent debate with stupidity Mr V.

One of the things I have learned is that while a person is arguing he/she will be receptive to new ideas. It's the silence that tells you that there is no scope for change.

posted by  Wally

I'll regard the inability or outright defiance to open up to new ideas to be stupidity. And I'll take arguiong that opinion is always mroe important than knowledge as stupidity. Especially on the internet where access to information is instant.

Not on the internet. Anonymity makes hash of normal interaction. Especially when there is a pause inbetween making a statement and having someone read it. In person, the interchange is so fast and variations in inflection change the way an idea is presented, even in an argument.

posted by  ChrisV

And this is where i make you swallow your pride up once again by posting...

:wink2:

I always look at these long threads and it seems that after the first 2 pages or so everyne gets off-topic and starts arguing, owell. we're hopeless.

posted by  Slapshot

It's better than drinking coffee in the morning to perk up. I suggest trying it as a substitute just reading over these long threads.

On a side note. Anyone watch the LSU/UT game?

Damn refs had a game decided on a bad call AGAIN!!! OR a call they never made :banghead:

Heh, pride is for the weak

posted by  Oomba

seriously, when are guys gunna stop the BS and start using the forum like its supposed to be used... (not bashing each other!)

posted by  mazda6man

You have no clue who I am, or what experience I have. The last I checked, I didnt provoke you (atleast not on this thread), you jumped on Steven, and I came in because I thought that you had learned that you simply cant change everyone's minds. You cant go around saying that 2+2=5 and expect everyone to change what they have been living with for thier entire lives and go on. That opinion is stupid.

Exactly. You started the crap on this thread, and many others, and look where it has gotten you... you havent changed any of our minds.

I have the right to say what I wish. You have the right to disregard it.

Isnt knowledge, on average, gained from experience? From my experience I base my opinions. You, on the other hand, have had different experience and so have different opinions than I do.

You just have to realize that this forum is about the cars, not the drivers. You and I can continue argueing about this for the rest of our CF lifespans, but I dont expect that either one of us will change the other's ideals.

posted by  StiMan

Your Message