300zx drift car????

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  300zx drift car????

ive heard that a 300zx isnt a drift car because its too heavy... i dont know the weight of an average drift car but the 300zx shouldnt b too heavy (3500lb's) to drift... any info on wether this is a good idea or a bad idea just put your :2cents: here... :thumbs:

posted by  jzxTT

The 300ZX is RWD so it'll drift, only trouble is , they are only available in Auto transmission (they are here anyway) so getting the back end out will be more of a chore than if it was a manual shift..but it does have a 3litre V6 Twin Turbo under the bonnet so believe be, it'll drift!

posted by  Cliffy

Ya...must be an England thing. I've driven several 5 spd 300z's!

posted by  BavarianWheels

Grrr I hate this country...In that case, it'll definately drift! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Cliffy, In England the last generation 300ZX first came as a manual but a 4-speed automatic transmission was optional in '91. From '92 onwards, the automatic transmission was standard and the 5-speed manual was a no-cost option.

By the way, manual transmissions in 300ZXs are known for getting shredded so that'll be why automatics are more popular… at least in England anyway.

posted by  snoopewite

Thanx for that insight snoopewite! It must have been due to the fact that a manual was an option that made me think that *knows now* :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

someone suggested weight reduction but... ive seen people drift in mini vans :laughing: .... my z's a 5 spd.. ive never seen an auto 300zx, but i know they exist... i dont see many z's around Campbell... :mrgreen: the ladiez Luv it :hi: .... ive never heard about Z's having tranny problems.. if u've got n e more info on that plzz let me know.. thnxs

posted by  jzxTT

the prez did coke b 4 :ticking: ?? hahahahahahaha

posted by  jzxTT

:lol: Thanks for that jzxTT. Unlike some people *cough*lectroid*cough* it's good to see that someone can laugh at my signature :mrgreen: Just kidding lectroid :PP
While I'm at it, you're welcome Cliffy :wink2:

posted by  snoopewite

i would highly suggest using a 300zx for a drift car. it's RWD so it will drift, get a 5spd also. weight reduction is a very good idea, the lighter the better. good luck, 300zx's are badasses. :wink2:

posted by  Nissan_240SX

thanks bro... ya it is a 5spd... u know where i can get a good cf hood?

posted by  jzxTT

Your Message