Curb weight 2,399 lbs.
5-Speed manual

vs.

1998 Acura Integra LS 4-door 1.8 VTEC
Engine horsepower 140-hp @ 6,300RPM
Engine torque 124 lb.-ft. @ 5,200RPM
Curb weight 2,727 lbs.
5-Speed manual

Clearly the Neon has a better power to weight ratio and in fact weighs a lot les (328 pounds) less than the integra, but yet everyone seems to talk crap on the neon. It might not be reliable, but its more powerful than the integra.
Point proven. :thumbs:

P.S.
How is this for a "turd"?

The great turd (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Neon-1999-DODGE-NEON-R-T-WITH-SRT-4-M OTOR-550-HP-BEAST_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6204QQitemZ4574913538QQrdZ1)

posted by  6000LE

yay another bullshit post. so who will start the argument?

hondaman?
oomba?
who knows?

:laughing: i love me

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Okay, enough is enough.

I love how you use the top engine from the Neon and the lowest engine from the Integra.

Let's have a real comparison, shall we?

Base Integra has 140 hp.

Base Neon has 133.

Next higher up Integra engine has 170 hp.

Next higher up Neon engine has 150.

The highest Integra engine has 195 hp.

And what does the highest Neon have? Still 150.

So exactly what do you think you have proven?

posted by  hondaman

We have a winner....

and what a point he makes! :thumbs:

I think you're being a little under-generous for the Neon weight. Accordinto edmunds the 4-dr 98 Neon weighs 2507lbs, not 2399lbs.

Not to nitpick but the LS sedan is 2703lbs, not 2727lbs.

This means the Integra LS (bottom line 4dr Integra) weighs less than 200lbs more than your Neon.

LS Integra 5spd vs. (your) Neon auto 3spd.

Not forget the Integra handles better.

The 420a will crap out a lot quicker than a B18b2.

The Integra isnt as "Cute" looking as the Neon (cool points to the integra).

Bottom line - I'd put my money on the LS in a 1/4 or a course.

BTW - That ebay Neon is silly, who spends $25k+ on building up a Neon like THAT? Sure, great, wow, 550whp. I'm sure it still runs mid/high 11s at best being FWD, having no LSD, stock Neon gears (which im sure will last all of a few weeks with 550whp going through them) and suspension work that any ricer does to lower their car. Even with 275mm slicks he wont probably stop bad wheelspin and hook until late 2nd/early 3rd gear. His "Estimate" of 9.90 is obviously coming from a bad guess game. LEt's not forget that Neon is also unstreetable. Also, did I mention it's ass ugly?

My 300ZXTT cost less than $20k total (with the mods I have done) and it does (a tested) 12.4-12.6s. Not to mention the car handles better than a Z06 and you can actually drive it on the street with no problems.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I say integra, I'm very happy with mine. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Biased opinion..... lol just kidding :wink2:

posted by  car_crazy89

HHHMMM, I would bet my money on the Integra over a Neon any day of the week that ends in "Y"!!!

posted by  elchango36

with the money to buy an integra I can get the same year neon and mod it to be faster than the integra. sorry if you dont agree wih me, but thats how i feel. and i dont know anyone with a neon that has had problems with it to date. intrepid yes. neon no.

posted by  6000LE

I'd take the Integra.

And why post that Neon? Its not yours. If it was I'd oo and ah for ya, but its not, so stfu.

posted by  Oomba

Wow picking a honda over another car, are you feeling alright oomba? Have you got a fever or something? :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

You know your a queer loser when oomba chooses an asian import over a domestic. So stop trying and get a life.

and how exactly might you know its not mine
adn you still dindt answer my other question
what do you drivE?
:doh:

posted by  6000LE

go look at the Neon R/T part of ACR
Then you can all shove your arguments up your asses

posted by  6000LE

I'd still choose the integra because their nicer and look better.

posted by  Spanky2324

Integra

posted by  SyntheticTrust

thats only your opinion
and im speaking about performance
personally i dont like the dual front headlights on the integra. and i drove one it dindt handle to my expectations, and the neon did

posted by  6000LE

any specific reason besides reliability? or the fact it looks better which i dont agree with

posted by  6000LE

Hmmm, with the Integra aftermarket being as big as it is and knowing how easy it is to turbo the B18 I'd have to strongly disagree. How many turbo 420a's have you even seen running around? Me, none.

Anyways, Neons with no problems? I guess you must be the only Neon owner you know of.

This according to JD POWER (all LONG TERM rankings):

Mechanical Reliability :
'98 Neon - 2 out of 5
'98 Integra - 5 out of 5

Feature and Accessory Dependability :
'98 Neon - 3 out of 5 (wow it's actually just average in one category)
'98 Integra - 4 out of 5 (Damn the Integra is better again!)

Body and Interior Dependability :
'98 Neon - 2 out of 5
'98 Integra - 4 out of 5

Sure the Integra didnt have a 135mm spare tire on the front? :laughing:

the JD rankings arent interpted that way
2 stars= among the rest
3 stars= does not really stand out
4 stars= better than most
5 stars= among the best

so it doesnt mean that 2 stars is crap
it means that its just like every other car.
dont tell me that the integra has no problems either
maybe not as many as the neon, but notihng is perfect

posted by  6000LE

yea im sure
in fact it had yokohama tires and 16in lightweight rims

posted by  6000LE

let me guess no suspension tuning for the larger unsprung weight and larger wheel/tire radius.

"Among the rest" Doesnt mean anything good. "Among the rest" Includes such vehicles like the Town and Country... And we all know here from all our horror T & C stories how well they are on reliability.

You're right the Integra isnt perfect either, but statistically speaking it's "among the best" and has a quarter of amount of the problems the Neon has.

ok lets face it. neons are junk, throw away cars. the integra is a very well built car. i work at a salvage yard and get calls everyday for neon parts (engines, trannys) and in the 2 years ive been working here i have never gotten a call on anything other than distributors and body parts. that alone tells me that the integra is the better of the 2.

i love my american cars but in this case i would take the import over the "peon" any day of the week

posted by  glagon1979

Looks

posted by  SyntheticTrust

do you really think i will be driving this neon for the rest of my life
i just got something bhecause i dindt feel like walking i paid 2000 for it and put some small touches on it here and there. i already got my next car in my garage anytihng happens with the neon i just sell it on ebay
i can give a crap less if the integra is better i drove it and i did not like it. maybe the specific car wasnt good, but i dindt like it. it just dindt appeal to me. and it was 6000 my neon was 2000. that left me with extra money to get sometihng else, and i did. saved up and my next car in line is a 2000 Acura 3.2 TL. lets face it im 17, and that pretty damn good. i was 16 when i got the neon and i still dont care its a fun ride for me and anyone who disagres can go and drive what they like.

posted by  6000LE

I personally prefer the sleek aggressive looks of the Integra over the bubbly shape of the Neon.

posted by  fudge

Well if you don't give a damn, then stop arguing

posted by  99integra

well stated. If u dont give a damn than why did u make this thread?

posted by  V-TECH

because clearly someone said sometihng that was not a proven fact.

posted by  6000LE

Defects and recalls of the 98 Neon sedan (http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/67-int/1998/dodge/neon/highl ine/index.html)

that makes it a really big turd

posted by  6000LE

Once again we see how dumb 6000LE and his Neons are

posted by  jedimario

and youre just another moron hopping the bandwagon
at least i have my own opinions
and dont just agree with what everyone else says :thumbs:

posted by  6000LE

The odd thing is that I actually kind of like the Neon, in an odd sort of way. What I don't like is baseless claims about it.

posted by  hondaman

those baseless claims being what exactly. and yes i like my car. if its a crime then put me in jail. it took me a long ass time to learn how this thing works, and to do all the work on it so u all can talk shit but it dont matter to me

posted by  6000LE

Good for you. Did I ask if you liked it? Did I mention you didn't know how to work on it?

The baseless claims I'm referring to is this entire Integra vs Neon thing. So you drove one once. Big deal. I drove a Corvette once and I wasn't all that impressed. Does this mean that all Corvettes are crap? No. I later found out that particular Corvette was very poorly maintained and it was amazing it even ran at all from what I heard.

Oh and by the way, the base Integra engine is 142 hp, not 140 for all the difference that makes.

posted by  hondaman

No one said you can't like your car - but there's a difference between liking your car and disliking everything that's not your car.

posted by  windsonian

Doing a little searching, I find that the 142 hp Integra and the 150 hp Neon do 0-60 in EXACTLY the same time, 7.6 seconds. Let alone an Integra with 170 hp or more.

posted by  hondaman

well if you put the numbers down i have notihng against you. i dont dislike every other car. i just dont specifically like the integra. im not a domestic car freak, because i wana grasp a 06 Civic Si :drool: . instead of insulting each other why dont we just stop right now. im done as of this point forth

posted by  6000LE

Or possibly this is a huge CF conspiracy against you???????

Nah... :screwy:

Integra Integra Integra.

Integra. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I wish everyone IN this thread, (and on this site) took that message to heart. It's a message I've been repeating over and over since I started posting on automotive forums.

The problem is peoole are too afraid of learning new things, thinking that accepting (or even liking) more than just their favorite will mean they have to stop liking their favorite. They are threatened by actually learning anything. When all they have to do is remember what you've just said.

posted by  ChrisV

why don't we all just love all cars and everyhting weill be OK?!

posted by  jedimario

sure! everything but the neon :thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

Practice what you preach! :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

sure cause its such a turd
im off this forum you guys are a bunch of idiots
i can get better advice from a cow
all you do is just talk crap
good bye to all :fu:

posted by  6000LE

Thank god :clap:

posted by  99integra

Bye....

You'll be back though....

Maybe not under the same name....

But you'll be back

bye :thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

Later dude don't the door hit you on your ass on the way out. :laughing:

posted by  Spanky2324

Was there a guy on here named V-TECH? It's VTEC... not bein a dick, just correcting you on that. VTEC= Variable Valve Timing Electronic Control. Just letting you know... people with Hondas often get alot of shit for having them, and it just adds to the ridicule if we have people running around not knowing what's under the hood. thanks.

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

LOL, i told him that when he joined :orglaugh:

posted by  99integra

Doesn't VTECH make learning computers for childrens??

posted by  fudge

yes i know it's v-tec ty though

posted by  V-TECH

They make phones :laughing:

posted by  99integra

ok fine, alll cars but chevys, saturns, pontiacs, buicks, and cadillacs. did i miss any?

posted by  jedimario

oldsmobile, gmc, hummer

posted by  glagon1979

Oldsmobile isn't in production anymore

posted by  99integra

i said i like hummers and saabs, so i guess just oldsmobile.

posted by  jedimario

but its still gm

posted by  glagon1979

i thought 6000LE was leaving? hes still signed in at the bottom of the home screen

posted by  glagon1979

Ah so we can have exceptions to the rule?

Then if you can do that...Oomba can like all cars except Hondas and Acuras, everyone else can still hate Neons and well look what we have...the same problem.

posted by  hondaman

I can at least admit that I'd rather have a Honda/Acura than a 4 door Neon.
I'd actually rather have a Civic Si over and Neon except SRT-4.

On a related note, the world is ending

http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/WeeklyWorldNews/2005/09/12/1001245?extID=1002 6

posted by  Oomba

if its moving at the speed of light and its 28,000 light years away then how is it gonna kill us in 2014?

before people make shit up they should think :doh:

HA HA HA!!!! that's some funny stuff.

posted by  windsonian

The black hole is 28k light years away...not the cloud.

Gotta brush up on your reading skills.

You probably failed the ITBS tests in mid school?

Before you make comment...YOU should know how to read AND comprehend.

posted by  BavarianWheels

:orglaugh:

Even if it was farther away, theres no way they could see it if it was moving that fast towards and wasnt going to hit us for that long.

posted by  Oomba

Both of you are less than retarded.

middle school was like 6 years ago....so after alcohol and other things i don't even remember what that is :doh:

Oww I felt that :doh:

posted by  99integra

Well if your so smart then why are you on car forums? why arn't you out humping steven hawking?

It said the source of the cloud was the back hole. Therefore it started at 28,000 light years away.

posted by  Oomba

Jesus that is hilarious :orglaugh:

posted by  99integra

Your mother is your source...are you still in her womb?

Probably still suckin her tittie :laughing:

posted by  99integra

No, but I dont think it went backwards before changing directions and coming towards us again.

posted by  Oomba

His voice turns me off.

Is her womb pointed directly at you now?

You guys gotta stop, but this is funny as hell, Bav's funny/sarcastic side is comin out :laughing:

posted by  99integra

I dunno...he sounded pretty good on family guy (the special people games episode) :laughing: :laughing:

Then I suppose you're up to "bat" now...

I dont get the point you're trying make.

If a gun changes directions after shooting, the bullet doesnt.

posted by  Oomba

Just look how sexy

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b391/GonnaDie4TheGov/hawking1.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b391/GonnaDie4TheGov/hawking-conference2. jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b391/GonnaDie4TheGov/story.jpg

Thats what i call a man sir

Do you really believe bullets travel in absolute straight lines?

Furthermore...have you ever heard of the concept of GRAVITY?

No gravity in space, considering its a vacuum and all....

posted by  Oomba

You're even more of an idiot than I previously thought! No gravity in space?

Do yourself a favor...stop now!

Goodness!!! You haven't even watched enough movies to know about gravity in space??? It is so basic.

One more question for you to answer: When you jump "up"...you begin in one direction. When you land...which way were you last going?

Hmmm...get your Crayola Crayons back out.

Tell me then, in empty space not near any planets or stars then what causing this gravity? The cloud is bigger than any star or planet out there, so why would it even be affected?

posted by  Oomba

Now how would you know there is no gravity influence with distance?

Does not the moon have pull on our tides?

Space is so vast...and we know very little. You assume a whole lot...especially when the concept of Gravity evades your brain.

The moon does have pull on our tides. Water, an object much smaller than the moon itself. The cloud is supposedly much bigger than a planet, or stars, since it devours them.

I understand the theory of gravity fully. An object rests on the space time continuum and pulls objects towards it, like a bowling ball in the center of a suspended blanket would pull a marble towards it.

posted by  Oomba

Here Oomba...Gravity in Space (http://science.howstuffworks.com/question102.htm). Maybe this text is more your speed...I hope.

Yes, there is SOME gravity in space, very little though, and if you were far enough away from any objects in space(stars, planets, etc..) then there would be extremly little if none.

posted by  nsupra27

That's good...you did some googling on gravity and now you understand the basics of gravity.

However, you cannot assume that the cloud (by definition not a solid mass) has a gravitational pull if it is made up of smaller particles dispersed and not compact (as in say...a planet)...lots of "what if's" in space that we don't know about.

Again, the explanation refers to a larger object pulling on a smaller object. The cloud is bigger, therefore it would have more of an effect than a planet or star would have.

posted by  Oomba

I didnt go to google at all. I paid attention in science class

posted by  Oomba

Apparently you didn't pay attention when cloud was "defined" in my last post.

Its still a "mass" thats close together. If gravity did have any effect on them, the cloud would be falling apart from all sides and likely never reach us anyhow.

But that doesnt change the fact that the starting point of the cloud was 28,000 light years away. So it would arrive so soon from that distance either way. If it was acted upon by planets and stars gravity, it would be bounced around while being broken aparts so much it would either never reach us, because it would change courses so much that it would end up going in a completely oppisite direction, or it would break apart fully.

posted by  Oomba

Wow...half intelligent answer here. (when one considers the last few) I would almost leave it at that, however the cloud is said to be 10 million miles wide...hardly a "mass" by definition for having it's own gravitational pull (of any significance anyway)

This is also the reason one need not heed such a "warning" from Scientists that claim the end of the world via a cloud 10 million miles in diameter...

Anyway, I think that's enough "space" talk for today.

The Chaos Cloud is fake, and if you really believe it you have problems, the Chaos Cloud came from an article in Weekly World News, a supermarket tabloid, and if you actually read and believe that shit you are retarded.

posted by  nsupra27

If you really think we believed that "news" you're...nevermind.

It was posted in jest...don't you get it?

i just want to say that 6000LE is an idiot for ever choosing a neon, ok ive said what i came here to , have a good argument all

posted by  Stem

F=G((m1*m2)/r^2)

That's all I have to say about gravity.

posted by  fudge

F=ma :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Where would we have been without Isaac Newton :wink2:

posted by  fudge

But as we've come to know. Didn't pay attention in any math class.

back to the VTEC thing, it's not V-TEC either, it's VTEC, no dash, just "VTEC" it's an acronym (I think that's what they're called, haha) and once again, it stands for Variable Valve Timing Electronic Control, not Variable-Valve Timing Electronic Control. You sohuld probably change your username, cuz you're gonna get this alot :S:S. just tryin to help.

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control.

Or, what it says in my sig. Your choice.

posted by  Oomba

It's funny how you diss VTEC yet Mitsubishi has to resort to imitating this technology and call it MIVEC.

posted by  fudge

And MIVEC isnt as an advanced system as VTEC (doesnt do as much) is... :wink2:

i hope nobody forgets that the pioneer in the whole....... well, high-tech intake/exhaust world was Alfa Romeo.... even though Honda made something extremely different, its still thanks to alfa romeo for making the first "intake/exhaust manouverability" system.

posted by  Inygknok

Its a good technology, I only make fun of it because its overhyped on slow cars.

Mitsubishis MIVEC is better applied. You dont have to wait for it to switch profiles before you feel any power like VTEC.

posted by  Oomba

Yes, and Nissan with VVL, and GM with Zetec, Ford has valve timing as well. But I guess Mitsu is the only ones that decided to adapt the technology then :banghead:

posted by  Oomba

Ford is ZETEC.

And this is a load of crap, dont make me pull up a bunch of articles proving you wrong again. MIVEC does not do as much and is one (or two steps) less of what VTEC does (in a less power way, not simpler). What would really be funny is comparing MIVEC to DOHC i-VTEC, hell even SOHC i-VTEC.

I meant to say Ecotec, my bad.

I'm talking about Vtec, Not i-Vtec (incredibly virtually torqueless economy car).

posted by  Oomba

Did I not mention VTEC? Comprehension skills bad.

Continue your ignorant biased view upon VTEC/i-VTEC. Statements like that about i-VTEC really shows how much of a complete neanderthal you are to as of why i-VTEC even came along. i-VTEC was created to produce even more low-midrange torque. That's okay ignore that Booba, continue the ignorance rampage.

Let's compare Honda's new i-VTEC SOHC system in the new 06 Civic to other 1.8L engines for torque.

The Honda makes 128ft-lbs @ 4300rpms.
The Toyota 1.8 makes 122ft-lbs @ 4200rpms.
The Toyota H/O 1.8 makes 125ft-lbs @ 4400rpms.
The Nissan 1.8 makes 129ft-lbs @ 4400rpms, but this is on the old rating system, so to compare this is in actuality around 124ft-lbs on the new rating system.

These are all the current 1.8L's on the market I can think of here in the U.S.

Let's not forget a few things here, while the Honda is SOHC 16v the Nissan and Toyota both use a DOHC 16v setup. The Toyota H/O 1.8 is in a different hp class (being in the XRS Corolla/XRS Matrix) but STILL makes 3ftlbs less torque at 100rpms HIGHER than the Honda.

So why can a SOHC Honda make more torque at a lower RPM than similar size DOHC's Booba? It's quite simple in explanation but a rather complicated process, called i-VTEC.

ZETEC is an engine, not a valve timing mechanism. :banghead:

posted by  fudge

That uses valve timing.

Hey, lets not forget about Duratec.

I'm not making fun of VTEC, im making fun of people that act like VTEC is the best thing to happen to engines since petrol.

posted by  Oomba

Well, no one on here acts that way so why bring it on here? If those people are ignorant dont contribute to ignorance with your ignorace on here on this matter.

I put it in my signature. Its not like I made a thread stating it.

Maybe you should cool it on the ignorance a little, eh dickhead?

posted by  Oomba

The only ZETEC that uses variable valve timing (for the inlet only) is the ST170 and that makes up for the tiny percentage of all ZETECS. The others were just a normal DOHC engines.

posted by  fudge

Valve timing......just not variable valve timing lol :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah, that shows a lot better on your behalf putting in a SIG so everyone can see it in every post you make on here rather than posting it once or twice. that makes it SO much better :roll:

I'm not the only one on here that calls you an ignoramous or a form of that :thumbs:

Dickhead, yeah, that's real 3rd grade, very cute :clap:

Hows about we all adopt a nice, mellow outlook on life.... :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

What do you take me for a weed smoker? :laughing:

Well...you said it :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

OOhps my bad, just looked it up and it's variable inlet cam timing.

posted by  fudge

You dont have to read it. And noone said you had to respond to it.

Its funny how Honda people are so insecure about their cars that they cant take a little joke.

posted by  Oomba

I'm not insecure about anything, I just think it's funny people like you post ignorant crap like that and try and back it up with baseless opinions. Trust me, Honda people ARE NOT insecure about their cars, if so, the Impala would outsell the Accord, the Cobalt would outsell the Civic and the Equinox would outsell the CRV. HAH, that's not going to happen.

It's not a little joke, it's an ignorant joke, that no one even finds remotely funny on here unless you are a non-driving 13 year old who loves playground car humor.

NO shit people will read it, it called words on a screen, people tend to read whatever is there.

You're like those war-protesters that are like "dont like us, dont pay attention to us" as they clog up (even more) rush hour traffic.

Hey, I like Fords, and I can still laugh at the joke that Ford stands for Fails On Race Day. You need to lighten up.

posted by  Oomba

Wow, suprising you would even laugh at that...not really.

Ever care to think of what Honda owners would think of this joke, after hearing it 2398434546346 times over again... It gets old, and ignorant.

Your Message