changing interior carpet/dash....

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  changing interior carpet/dash....

i got a '03 civic ex and i wanted to change the interior carpet, dash, and ceiling from a ivory to light grey. my friends told me it`ll be a few hundreds of dollars, around $500-700. but i've heard that it can be in the thousands. any idea how much it will cost?

i wanted to change the entire color layout, except seats. can get leather seat covers for that.

and anybody know how much it`ll cost to change all the lights on the inside to blue?

posted by  kimimaru

It all depends if your gonna do it on your own and where your buying the pieces from. It can run into the thousands but you gotta look for deals and it's not that hard to put in new interior.

posted by  Spanky2324

im planning on doing the carpet by myself but the plastic dashes and everything is something i might mess up on. so i might just pay someone else to do it for me.

posted by  kimimaru

i just painted my dash and the plastic panels myself with a special paint that seriously works (the car has been under the sun for 3 months and the paint is still perfect). i did the roof myself with materials as well as various leather inserts all around. the floor carpet is actually the hardest part to do imo, at least for me it's been a bitch. why not just find someone who's selling their carpet and buy it for like $30 or so? worked for me.

posted by  Inygknok

what kind of paint did you use? n how many layers? i would buy my friend's civic carpet but he's trading the car in and getting something else.

posted by  kimimaru

i dont have the name at hand right now.... i owe u that. but i did 2 layers on each...

as for the carpet, try ebay, or a junkyard.

posted by  Inygknok

2 or 4 door? i might know where you can get one depending on model.

posted by  glagon1979

i got a 03 civic ex 2dr coupe. i found carpets online but they go roughly about $150+.

posted by  kimimaru

Your Message