2 rides

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  2 rides

Ok so here is the deal i am 15 and soon to be 16. I am looking for cars already. I found these 2 eclipses. both of them are really nice. One is auto and one is manual. Now here is the deal, i live in chicago where there is tons of traffic and snow is also a pain in the ass. This means that driving a manual would be a pretty big pain in the ass. However, the eclipse with a manual is amazing ... take a look http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=188454855&dealer_id=56845989&car_y ear=1996&search_type=used&make=MIT&distance=75&model=ECLIP&address=60035&ce rtified=&advanced=&max_price=6800&bkms=1127355950111&min_price=1&end_year=2 006&start_year=1996&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=24&LNX=ESTAFSRCHUSDTEXT#vdptop
yeah it's bassically a fully done show car.
( for all those guys who know a lot about under the hood of the car, what does it have done to it for performance as you can see?)
The second car is an automatic and it's cheaper but it has more miles and is a year older.But it is a GST ( not to mention it has nothing of aftermarket except exhaust) Take a look http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=185521897&dealer_id=56575254&c ar_year=1995&bkms=1127341108302&model=ECLIP&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=1995&c ertified=&search_type=both&distance=50&first_record=26&make=MIT&min_price=1 &address=60035&advanced=&end_year=1999&pager.offset=25&max_price=10000&card ist=22
As you can see i am faced with a tough descision. I spoke to both of the owners and the modded (RS) one i would be able to get for 6000 and the other (GST)for 4000. CAn i get some opinion here? I am thinking modded but that means i gotta learn stick. (that might be tough since my familly doesn't have stick car)

posted by  V-Tec

Well, as a matter of opinion, I wouldn't be caught dead in that RS, I wouldn't even go for a ride. What a awful looking car. It has an aftermarket turbo kit and is probably pretty quick.

Where as you can get a GST for less money than that abomination to the Eclipse world... I'd go that way in a heart beat. I wouldn't even have to think about it.

I don't think you're faced with a tough decision at all. The manual transmission car is ugly as sin, the GST is cheaper, and you don't know how to drive a manual anyway

posted by  Bino

I think its more for what you want. if you want to do work yourself get the stock car. if you want the easy street go for the moded one. though i do agree...i think it looks like shit.

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

And also...your still young...don't jump on the first thing(s) you see...you might find something better and the feel stupid that you didn't wait. Take your time. Not like you will be able to really drive it anyway :thumbs:

im sure that rs is pretty quick but that paint job is just freaking hideous so i would probably go with the gst even though it is an automatic :2cents:

posted by  mx3_monster

......change your name ONE MORE TIME, make it VTEC, there is no - in between the v and the t, it's an acronym, it's not Variable-Valve Timing Electronic Control, it's Variable valve Timing Electronic Control. but it's cool, and if you're looking into Eclipses, y not make your name DSM or something to do with that... just a suggestion. I'm just telling you because if anyone that doesn't like honda sees any flaws in this, they'll let you know, honda is highly... disliked, and alot of ppl will jump on you at the first chance. Since you're new to cars, you don't know this yet, but you will...trust me... you will. Hope I helped.

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

and about the Eclipses, I couldn't get the pics, but in your situation, if you can't learn stick, I'd go with the GST. It already has a turbo, it's stock, but it's a turbo. and the aftermarket exhaust is a nice start. (If it's catback, that's around $400 in mods already done. Plus you can get the GST for about 2000 less right? so why not buy the GST and put some mods in yourself with the 2000 leftover. you could get a nice cold air intake, and if you wanted to, you would even have enough to put a pretty decent aftermarket turbo on the car. there's tons you could do to the GST with the 2000 you'd have left as opposed to getting the RS. So, if you can't drive stick anyways, I'd DEFINITELY go with the GST. Hope I helped.

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

Neither. Autos suck and the manual one is atrocious.

posted by  Oomba

Why do you care so much about his username? I know its wrong also but i don't care. Let him do it how he wants. Just as long as he doesn't put in V-tek or something along those lines.

People who flame over stupid screen names piss me off :cussing:

[QUOTE=Xplicit_of_lp]and about the Eclipses, I couldn't get the pics, but in your situation, if you can't learn stick, I'd go with the GST. It already has a turbo, it's stock, but it's a turbo. and the aftermarket exhaust is a nice start. (If it's catback, that's around $400 in mods already done. Plus you can get the GST for about 2000 less right? so why not buy the GST and put some mods in yourself with the 2000 leftover. you could get a nice cold air intake, and if you wanted to, you would even have enough to put a pretty decent aftermarket turbo on the car. there's tons you could do to the GST with the 2000 you'd have left as opposed to getting the RS. So, if you can't drive stick anyways, I'd DEFINITELY go with the GST. Hope I helped.[/QUOTE

i think the RS has an aftermarket turbo in ii, Yes GST is 2000 less witrh 20k more miles and older year. The rs also has a flip out Tv in the dash. Not that i care that much but if i wanted to sell it there money right there. whoops screwed up the quete thingy

posted by  V-Tec

If you want the gst then go for it....but please then for the love of all that is moral...paint it!!!

no i am leaning towards the RS ( i am not spending like 2-3k on paint)
Question for everyone: I just wanna know what don't u like about the paint job of the RS seems fine too me.

posted by  V-Tec

i unerstand that you are just trying to help, but do u go and look around at peoples screenames and think there must be something that i can say about it. I mean i think oomba is a retarded sc ( no offense man ) but u don't see me going and saying hey oomba why is that your sc or hey oomba thats a stupid sc you will get flamed.

posted by  V-Tec

hey, that's fine, if you wanna go around posting looking retarded cuz you don't know what you're talking about, be my guest. and I was helping you out, if you're not willing to learn new things (Like why there is no - in VTEc) then be prepared to be ridiculed to hell. Just letting you know. Just take advice, don't be a dick about it. the fact is, your name is wrong, it makes you look stupid like you don't know what you're talking about, not just because the name is wrong, but because you won't learn when someone who knows what they're talking about tells you that it is wrong. you're giving a bad name to everyone that owns a honda by not knowing this and posting all over a website with it. but do what you want.

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

Well i do know how it's supposed to be cause maybe my cousin owns a prelude. Thats not the point though. You don't even know if i am talking about the system that Hondas use ( even though i am ) MAybe i am talking about some company that sells lightbulbs. My point is i can say V-TAK and no one should care. And if someone is gonna start to tell me how it should be then they will be retarded not me because they have nothing better to do than talk about my sc.

posted by  V-Tec

Its a atrocious, ricer.

posted by  Oomba

oomba i didn't ask what u think of it, i asked why u think that. I do respect your opinion but not as much as others considering your sig and that you have a hate club against you. :laughing:

posted by  V-Tec

Completely gawdy and nasty, very ugly and busy, completely ruins the very clean lines of a 2G Eclipse.

posted by  Bino

Have you seen the cars in person? When i first started looking into cars i really didnt give many cars the credit they deserved, i thoght they were ugly and slow compared 2 other cars (exotics). It was after i saw them in person that i saw how nice they really looked, and on top of that how better they were 2 drive.

posted by  Walt

Horrible paint. Plain and simple. So ricey.

posted by  Oomba

Sell the flip out monitor in the dash, get a regular CD player, and get a new paint job with that money. You can prolly get quite a bit out of the monitor. if you do the sanding yourself on the car, you can prolly get a pretty good deal on a paint job for the car. you could just go with a basic color like black, or blue or white, you don't have to go big expensive paint. just my :2cents:
besides, it'll be nicer to pull next to someone in a clean sleeper and smoke them than it will to pull up in a riced out Eclipse and get smoked ;) don't know if you plan on doing any racing or anything.....just some constructive criticism.

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

I have a honda...i don't care how he spells it. i don't think its giving ME a bad name. I think the fact your fighting a losing battle is making you look bad :laughing:

wtf? the fact is, it's VTEC, that's all there is to it, end of discussion, end of "battle" I was simply informing him of his mistake. I didn't say he was an idiot for that, I said he was an idiot for not taking constructive advice.

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

Your Message